by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 02:46:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L18LMCS Targa Florio: June 25, 2018
June 25, 2018, 08:39:48 PM +0100 - Targa Florio - UKGTL Season 18 Le Mans Cup Series (Late 60s)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 330/P4 (#0) GTL Group P+2.0 1 34:44.424
77.104mph
1 34:44.424
77.104mph
Firestone  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford GT40 MkIV (#0) GTL Group P3.0 2 +1L 0 ---
---
fuel
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ferrari 330/P4 (#0) GTL Group P+2.0 3 0 ---
---
suspension
Firestone  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 917K (#0) GTL Group S5.0 4 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 907K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 5 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Porsche 908K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 6 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Porsche 908K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 7 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTL Group P+2.0
34:44.424
77.104mph
Erling G-P
Race
Ferrari 330/P4June 25, 2018, 08:39:48 PM +0100
L18LMCS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 18 Le Mans Cup Series (Late 60s) - Targa Florio - Jun 25  (Read 4931 times)
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2018, 06:29:28 AM +0100 »

"Chapeau", Erling - outstanding performance! thumbup1 rockon

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2018, 08:39:21 AM +0100 »

I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy    Grats to Erling on his commitment and well deserved win. Also to anyone who survived for anything like 50% of the distance

We have had Targa in GPL for a few years and to be quite honest, it has never really grabbed my attention. I am happy enough to give it a go whenever it appears as an event, but to commit to 5 months of practice like Erling? ................ it does not exactly grab my attention.  Roll Eyes

I did wonder at one time if it would be possible to record some voice notes and play them as rally style pace notes, but I could not work out a way of matching the notes to my speed ( assuming that my pace would gradually improve Wink ) Even then, I suspect that the potential for a screw up still exists  Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2018, 08:50:14 AM +0100 »

My 1st attempt ever was practice, and every time someone joined I got kicked off.
Eventually stayed in, and did maybe half a lap. So the race was my 1st proper attempt at a full lap
managed to follow Geoffers for a while surprisingly, I think it's easy to follow someone here
and brake when they do etc. He went up a banking, and I nipped past, then he had a more serious
off somewhere, and I had to try to keep Tony behind. Saw no other cars after that, and went a lot
further than I had ever been, and then found another town to drive through, had bent the steering
slightly bumping off fences, and went a bit wide into a wall and 0% health meant
a retirement. Probably would have enjoyed it more with some practice, but then, like Erling I might
have tried to get a good time, instead of just getting round  Shocked

Oh, and I believe I was 3rd

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2018, 10:07:45 AM +0100 »

Having raced this before at our NG event about 18 months ago (can't remember who won, can you Dom?), I thought I would be able to remember a lot of the track. However when I tried some practice laps last week I could not even remember the first few corners so it was like starting all over again. Coupled with the fact that I had driven a Lotus Elite in the NG race & now was in a much faster 907, I never managed to complete a lap until I went on the server early last night & then succeeded in getting round.

As I was first on the server I thought that would probably put me on pole, which I didn't want, so quit out & rejoined. But on rejoining I found nothing in the game worked  Huh. Could not load setup or drive the car or watch anyone else driving, tried a couple more times with the same result. As a last resort I deleted the track 'HAT' file before trying again & heypresto it worked.

At race start I found myself 2nd on the grid, so still at the front! Got a good start as pole man Tony didn't appear to move & led through the first few turns with Erling close behind. Soon got the corners confused & made a mistake which nearly took Erling out so pulled over at the next sharp bend & let him past. Now had Matt behind & with his self- confessed lack of any laps I expected to pull away, but to his credit he stayed close & when I made another mistake he went past. Unlike Matt I found it more difficult to follow another car as I could not clearly see the road signs & chevrons. It didn't take long for me to overdo a corner & hit one of those stone posts which killed the car.

Congrats to Erling, just reward for all that dedicated practice, & well done to Tony & Matt for getting so far round this difficult track.  clap clap clap

Bad luck to Dom  Embarrassed, hope you will continue racing with us on Mondays.

I'm away again for the next two weeks (Le Mans Classic), so see you all again at Crystal Palace on the 16th.  thumbup1

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2018, 12:10:06 PM +0100 »

I'm away again for the next two weeks (Le Mans Classic), so see you all again at Crystal Palace on the 16th.  thumbup1

Lucky guy. Have fun mate! Smiley

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2018, 12:45:32 PM +0100 »

Typical! I get pole position on the one track where I needed to be last (so I could follow someone).

Actualy quite enjoyed poodling around in the Ford, lovely engine note even in the lower gears.

But I forgot to load my setup before the race so ran out of fuel before the finish but I did manage to almost complete the lap.

Well done Erling on finishing (1st) but really mate, no track is worth damaging your body for  nono

Sorry so few managed to see the chequered flag.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2018, 06:04:02 PM +0100 »

Thanks guys, and lol Dominick - alien or not, I would have thought knowing the track well would be enough of an advantage.  I've gotten to know the first part quite well  Roll Eyes, but many sections later in the track are still 'feel your way forward'.  If only I could remember where you can let loose, and where you can't, I'm sure there would be more time to gain.

Tony, injury wasn't deliberate, but once you realize it, the damage's done.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com