by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 08:13:27 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L18FER Aintree: January 08, 2018
January 08, 2018, 08:41:42 PM +0000 - Aintree - UKGTL Season 18 1950s Endurance Racing
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ferrari 375+ (#5) GTC-65 1 1:53.984
94.623mph
1 59:12.913
91.070mph
30 1:55.349
93.503mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 3 +1.217
93.623mph
2 +1:12.937
89.238mph
30 1:55.696
93.223mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 2 +1.168
93.663mph
3 +1L
87.940mph
29 1:55.422
93.444mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#124) GTC-65 6 +5.049
90.609mph
4 +33.656
87.116mph
29 1:59.208
90.476mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#124) GTC-65 5 +2.432
92.646mph
5 +1:05.292
86.355mph
29 1:58.086
91.336mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#14) GTC-65 8 +6.691
89.376mph
6 +1:20.381
85.997mph
29 1:58.811
90.779mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
AC Ace (#44) GTC-65 9 +7.362
88.882mph
7 +1:37.425
85.595mph
29 2:00.626
89.413mph
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Austin-Healey 100S (#33) GTC-65 10 +11.880
85.692mph
8 +24L 6 2:03.965
87.004mph
engine
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 4 +1.418
93.460mph
+30L 0 ---
---
DQ
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Jaguar D-Type (#16) GTC-65 7 +5.098
90.572mph
0 ---
---
electronics
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:53.984
94.623mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Ferrari 375+January 08, 2018, 08:41:42 PM +0000
L18FER
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:55.349
93.503mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Race
Ferrari 375+January 08, 2018, 08:41:42 PM +0000
L18FER
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 18 1950s Endurance Racing - Aintree - Jan 8  (Read 3937 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2018, 10:38:04 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Aston Martin DBR2 will be dropped for all further races (not the final race).

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 01:52:31 AM +0000 »

I would have liked to join this series, but after have installed all the cars I am always in the Merc 300 SL LM55 even if I select any other car. Same problem I have when I install the Mini 1275.
If I deinstall the Merc LM55, all others cars work fine.
Plus I keep loosing the online key every time I join a server in Multiplayer.
No fun  Sad

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 09:29:14 AM +0000 »

I would have liked to join this series, but after have installed all the cars I am always in the Merc 300 SL LM55 even if I select any other car. Same problem I have when I install the Mini 1275.
No fun  Sad
Hi, are you on Windows 10?
Is your GTL from Steam?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 09:29:47 AM +0000 »

I'm really sorry for the misadventures that have struck both Erling and John, every victory has a value for me but when one wins and two important opponents do not even take the start una vittoria is worth little, even less if a driver like Geoffers, the best among us, have problems with his new steering wheel and anyway grats to Matt and Geoffers for their podium.

Despite my advantage both in qualifying and in the race was not easy, in qualifying I did not get my ideal time, I could do 0.4 seconds less because my first fastest lap 1: 54.1 had the best 2 sectors, when I did 1: 53.9 the first sector was +0.218 and the second +0.007 and I closed the lap with about -0.2, this means that it was possible 1: 53.6 at least. In practice I never went below 1:54 I always turned thinking about the race, the most comfortable choice was the Aston Martin DBR2, already after a few laps in practice I could do easy 1: 55 with a suitable setup 1:53 was sure, but when I can choose a Ferrari I do not think it can be fast or slow, I just take it because it's FERRARI.

In the race I did everything I could to make no mistake, the Ferrari 375 is a bit difficult to manage out of corners especially in the last few laps with little fuel and worn tires, although it is true that here the tires consumption was the last problem.

In the end I want to say to Erling and John that it's like we're all starting from scratch the next race with this scoring system, so nothing is lost
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 09:44:54 AM +0000 »

As I mentioned in an earlier post I have purchased a G29 wheel to replace my aging DFP & am still getting used to it. I did think about using the DFP for this race as I was a little quicker with it & more consistent, but in the end I decided it was best to use the new one. I wasn't too confident of finishing though as I was having problems getting acquainted with the new pedals. Now have 3 instead of 2 & in the NG race on Sunday, I only lasted until the first corner. As I left foot brake I have to remember to move my foot after starting & as I discovered on Sunday, the car doesn't stop too well if you use the clutch pedal instead of the brake! Roll Eyes Also with the G29 you need to use a lot more pressure on the brake pedal than with the DFP & I am finding myself not braking hard enough & overshooting corners. So at the moment I am having to think about what I am doing rather than it being natural & with my limited brain power that means lots of mistakes!  Shocked

Anyhow last nights race went better than I expected, although it wasn't mistake free. Actually went quicker in qually than I had managed with the DFP so quite chuffed with that & started 2nd on the grid. Didn't fancy trying to duke it out with Ziu at the first turn so lifted early to let him have the line, but a slight bump & me forgetting to change down a gear meant I slithered wide onto the grass & everyone shot past. Regained a few places, mainly due to the Aston's straight line speed & when Ziu made an early stop I was up to 2nd behind Matt. We were lapping about the same pace & the gap only changed just before half distance when Matt must have made an error.

Pitted at half distance & somehow managed to come out in front of Matt only to forget to re-engage the limiter exiting the pits & pick up an S/G. Pitted again next lap & was surprised when Matt did also, so still hung on to 2nd place with Ziu now miles ahead. All looked good for 2nd place with Matt about 4s behind until I messed up my pedals approaching the Melling Crossing, putting my foot half on the brake & half on the clutch, & before I knew it I was attempting the first fence on the GN course!  Roll Eyes Fortunately it wasn't solid & I drove straight through it but had to carry until after the pits before I could get back on the track, by which time not only had Matt gone past but Rog had too & I'd also been lapped by Ziu. Used my straight line advantage to retake 3rd from Rog & followed Ziu for the remainder of the race.

All in all though I was happy to get to the finish & a podium was a bonus.

Congrats to Ziu & Matt  clap clap & bad luck to Erling for not being able to get on the grid. thumbdown
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 11:20:17 AM +0000 »

No fun  Sad
Is your GTL from Steam?
Yep, Win10 and Steam. I have copied the fresh install out of Steam and result is the same installing those cars, plus online the engine sound is worst than offline with the stand-alone install.
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 11:25:08 AM +0000 »

No fun  Sad
Is your GTL from Steam?
Yep, Win10 and Steam. I have copied the fresh install out of Steam and result is the same installing those cars, plus online the engine sound is worst than offline with the stand-alone install.
Ciao
You need to apply admin rights to all the .exe files e.g. GTL.exe and the graphics config file which I think is called 3dconfig.exe

Look at this thread for details of Steam related problems and possible fixes https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12190.0

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 12:51:22 PM +0000 »

Couldn't help smiling when reading about Geoffers' G29 problems - I made the exact same error when I went from a DFP to a G27; forgot to move my foot from the clutch to the brake, which I discovered at the first corner..  Have also released the clutch at the start, with a wildly revving engine, but going nowhere since I had forgotten to put the car in gear..  Roll Eyes

Would still like to find the reason for my DQ yesterday.  We have used all these cars before, bar the Gullwing Merc, but I verified earlier that it and the other Mercs were working online.  Don't particularly fancy practicing for hours again, if it's going to happen in the next races too.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2018, 12:57:20 PM +0000 »

Erling, Am I correct to assume that when the countdown started to join the grid, you couldn't?

Didn't someone else have that problem a while back and someone else posted a fix?

Sorry but I'm struggling to remember who or when it was but I'm sure such a conversation happened.

I hope it doesn't happen again as I can fully appreciate the total frustration you must of had. Fingers crossed.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2018, 01:08:37 PM +0000 »

Erling, Am I correct to assume that when the countdown started to join the grid, you couldn't?

Didn't someone else have that problem a while back and someone else posted a fix?

Sorry but I'm struggling to remember who or when it was but I'm sure such a conversation happened.

I hope it doesn't happen again as I can fully appreciate the total frustration you must of had. Fingers crossed.

Yes that's exactly what happened Tony - when the countdown started, the join button was immediately greyed out and there was basically nothing I could do.  Got some mismatch messages with Ziu during practice and qual, but we see these so often, without it having this effect.   Can't recall the conversation and fix you mention, but then my memory isn't what it used to be..  Undecided   
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2018, 02:44:50 PM +0000 »

Got some mismatch messages with Ziu during practice and qual, but we see these so often, without it having this effect.     

I had some curious 'gdb' mismatch messages at the Xmas races, presumed it was some track related thing, but when trying the server the other day I still had them. An investigation showed that I had mistakenly installed the LM Classics (late 60s) cars to my main UKGTL install before realising they needed a separate installation of GTL. Although I had removed them it had still left a 'LMClassics' folder in 'GameData/Teams', when I removed that I didn't get the mismatch. However it didn't stop me joining races, so that was probably not the cause of your problem.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2018, 03:12:39 PM +0000 »

Yes that's exactly what happened Tony - when the countdown started, the join button was immediately greyed out and there was basically nothing I could do.  Got some mismatch messages with Ziu during practice and qual, but we see these so often, without it having this effect.   Can't recall the conversation and fix you mention, but then my memory isn't what it used to be..  Undecided   
Don't quote me but I think someone said if you hit the ESQ key it fixed the greyed out button?

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2018, 04:18:37 PM +0000 »

@ Matt.
It might well be the case that the Vintage tyres are faster, I believe that Erling feels the same. But, and a big but, I have discovered that the different tyres require different pressures ? Which is why I just could not understand why the centre line temp was approx. 15 degrees higher for the first half of the race  Huh....Vintage tyres obviously need a lower pressure!! I think the unavoidable error ( Arnold says that it was NOT a mistake) came about because I did try the vintage option in pre race practice just for a few laps and decided that I preferred the "feel" of the Dunlops......maybe I should give those vintage rubbers some more serious testing if they are worth 2 secs a lap!!!!!?Huh

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2018, 04:31:22 PM +0000 »

Don't quote me but I think someone said if you hit the ESQ key it fixed the greyed out button?

DOH!!  That would be the last button I had dared to touch, but at that point, I had nothing to lose, so could have done it.  Roll Eyes  Shame we can't test it, but will try to remember, if it happens again.

Clive: Yes I'm normally faster on vintage. Can't explain it though, as it mostly feels like driving on ice...
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2018, 07:08:42 PM +0000 »

After all these disussions, simply the results for last nights race:

Results

Cool

Looks like it was a very interesting one  Sad

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print