The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:40:23 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: V8 Supercars  (Read 3198 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2017, 03:10:13 PM +0000 »

Anyone tried this mod yet? Any good?

http://v8scorsa.weebly.com/

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 05:08:12 PM +0000 »

Haven't tried it yet, but have been keeping an eye on it. I'm waiting for it to develop a bit more and if it's good, it can be epic for a modern series.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 05:46:58 PM +0000 »

I tried a V8 mod - which was rubbish - but I don't think it was this one.
Just downloading to see if it's any good.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 04:16:11 PM +0000 »

Speaking as an Avid fan of the real life series I have to say these seem really rather good - who-ever has stepped in to help the mod team out with the physics has done a sterling job.
I've just done a session at the new Sandown (Even if we don't use the V8's we need to use this track angel) and all 3 cars on a fairly stock setup are lapping within 10ths of each other.
They accelerate, corner, change direction and pop up onto 2 wheels over the kerbs pretty much just like the real things.
From a championship point of view though, they are also evil buggers to drive just like in real life - they have no ABS, traction, stability or magic - so you've want at least 1 fun race to see if people are up to the challenge. Given some of the grid levels in the Lotus championship I think this is something to keep in mind.

If I have to criticise anything it's the sounds, they're not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but they're not quite right either.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 05:31:38 PM +0000 »

Speaking as an Avid fan of the real life series I have to say these seem really rather good - who-ever has stepped in to help the mod team out with the physics has done a sterling job.
I've just done a session at the new Sandown (Even if we don't use the V8's we need to use this track angel) and all 3 cars on a fairly stock setup are lapping within 10ths of each other.
They accelerate, corner, change direction and pop up onto 2 wheels over the kerbs pretty much just like the real things.
From a championship point of view though, they are also evil buggers to drive just like in real life - they have no ABS, traction, stability or magic - so you've want at least 1 fun race to see if people are up to the challenge. Given some of the grid levels in the Lotus championship I think this is something to keep in mind.

If I have to criticise anything it's the sounds, they're not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but they're not quite right either.

Thanks for the preview.

Aren't all cars using the same physics? Atleast, that's what I've read somwhere.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 07:58:38 PM +0000 »

Possibly, they certainly feel similar.
And I was fastest in the one I did the most laps in  Wink

From a racing POV here, all cars on the same physics is probably a good thing as there's no disadvantage to picking whatever your favourite car is  Smiley

In real life the grids can be separated  by stupidly small fractions of a second across the 3 manufacturers so there's an argument that the physics don't matter anyway!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 04:10:15 AM +0000 »

From a racing POV here, all cars on the same physics is probably a good thing as there's no disadvantage to picking whatever your favourite car is  Smiley

In real life the grids can be separated  by stupidly small fractions of a second across the 3 manufacturers so there's an argument that the physics don't matter anyway!

Yeah, I agree. Makes the hassle of balancing a lot smaller, but atleast the grid looks a bit varied.
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 02:20:30 PM +0000 »

Aren't all cars using the same physics? Atleast, that's what I've read somwhere.

In the real world, all the cars use the same chassis. What they called "Common Rail Technology". They were already using the same gearbox, diff and running gear. They have to produce the same aero numbers. Just like most, if not all, tc series today, they're becoming more and more homogenized. Obviously the engines should have individual characteristics but they all have to be the same capacity, produce the same power.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 01:48:04 PM +0100 »

This mod has been updated to version 3.1 and features the 2020 cars so it seems.

indeed the phisycs of the Nissan where bugged in previous versions. This version has overhauled physics for all cars.

https://v8scorsa.weebly.com/news

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com