by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 10:06:20 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L18ACM Zolder: September 19, 2018
September 19, 2018, 09:19:31 PM +0100 - Zolder (2002-2008) - UKGTL Season 18 Abarth Coppa Mille
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
FIAT Abarth 1000TCR (#0) TC-65 D2 1 1:56.439
80.071mph
1 19:42.291
78.859mph
10 1:56.741
79.864mph
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
FIAT Abarth 1000TCR (#0) TC-65 D2 2 +11.001
78.132mph
10 1:57.560
79.308mph
Pirelli  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
FIAT Abarth 1000TCR (#0) TC-65 D2 2 +1.102
79.321mph
3 +18.330
77.655mph
10 1:57.306
79.479mph
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
FIAT Pirin 850-Abarth 1000TCR (#863) TC-65 D2 4 +3.512
77.727mph
4 +36.025
76.527mph
10 1:58.999
78.349mph
Dunlop  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
FIAT Abarth 1000TC Berlina Corsa (#5088) TC-65 D1 5 +3.639
77.645mph
5 +40.578
76.242mph
10 1:59.625
77.939mph
Dunlop  
S.Cargo

FIAT Pirin 850-Abarth 1000TCR (#84) TC-65 D2 3 +2.394
78.458mph
6 +43.351
76.070mph
10 1:59.633
77.933mph
Dunlop  
Dominick

FIAT Abarth 1000TC Berlina Corsa (#5088) TC-65 D1 6 +4.816
76.891mph
7 +1L
70.462mph
9 2:02.963
75.823mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
FIAT Simca 1150 (#33) TC-65 D1 7 +26.293
65.321mph
8 +5L 5 2:07.095
73.358mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 18 Abarth Coppa Mille - Zolder - Sep 19  (Read 1612 times)
S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 09:49:03 PM +0100 »

Thanks to all participants for a pleasant "return to simracing" evening.
I hope that the damage I made to the track surroundings will not be unrecoverable  Grin

At least I won the "highest number of spins" award tonight  Embarrassed

Cheers

Patrick
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 11:10:46 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 11:26:16 PM +0100 »

Should have been en route to the Alps, but due to excessive workload of one of the other participants, that trip instead got changed to a 'Northern Germany' one, with departure postponed until tomorrow, so could do tonight's races after all. Issues with my car not quite solved yet, but appear of minor nature, so chancing it - please keep your fingers crossed I make it home on my own wheels and not a flatbed...  Smiley

For once got my tactical choices right.  Joined the server for race 1 in a TCR, finding Ziu in similar car, and a bunch of drivers in TCR Corsas, posting laptimes I should be able to beat with the same car, so decided to switch.  Looked good initially, with only Ziu being quicker, but soon some Pirins showed up, dropping me down the order. Only able to outqualify one of them; Kurt, but he slipped past through the first few corners. He was kind enough to spin at the end of the lap, handing me back 4th - thanks  Grin
Had a decent gap to the rest of the field, while late in the race, I almost caught Clive, recovering from a moment.  A little later, he was having a small tussle with Patrick, who spun off track, allowing me to slip past. Flogged the little Corsa as hard as I could, but knew it would be a tall order to stay ahead of him - until I saw him spin in my mirrors, at the start/finish.  Thus finished 3rd overall, and very chuffed with that - always fun to upstage a few faster cars  Smiley   Grats to Ziu on win & Clive for 2nd.

Race 2 fairly uneventful. Couldn't shake Bob in the early laps, but when he shortened the gap to less than 2 secs, I concentrated on getting a few quick(er) laps. Gap soon jumped to 4-5 secs, but Bob must have lost time somewhere - I didn't improve all that much  Wink  Rest of the race lonely, after Bob dropped from view.  Grats to him & Clive for completing the podium.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 09:30:04 AM +0100 »

Race One was very frustrating as I had two early spins and after I climbed up to fourth place I missed the right gear twice during the last lap
(Thrustmaster shifter with 7 gears is sometimes a bit tricky with only 4 or 5 gears available but imo more fun than driving using the paddles) Sad
At least some new pb's and some fun mid race.

Race Two was even more frustrating as I was unable to adapt from the Pirin Fiat to the Abarth Simca in which I practiced on Sunday for about 20 laps without major problems.

But it's all for my pleasure only.

Good to see a new face again. Welcome!

CU next week.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:32:45 AM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 12:32:21 PM +0100 »

If Patrick can fill out his driver profile with nationality details we can give him a little flag

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 12:49:08 PM +0100 »

At least on race2 I got a little fun with Matt and Dominick, thanks guys
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 06:25:25 PM +0100 »

Result_Race2

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 07:26:05 PM +0100 »

Fun couple of races!!!   R1 I took the TC Corsa along with many others it seemed.  Had  close racing with Matt, Dom at times and Kurt.  We kindof took turns goofing up and going into the weeds or sand boxes.  Matt would have been ahead of me but he went off track and didn't have enough laps to pass me.  All three, Kurt, Dom and Matt were faster than me as usual.
Race 2 I took the TCR and got a good start and followed Erling but knew I had zero chance of overtaking him, dam aliens!!  Clive must have had a bad start because it took him quite a few laps to show up in my mirror.  Was able to keep him at a distant as we were running close to the same lap times.  Then on about lap 8 disaster struck me a I caught a wheel off on the big right sweeper that enters the back straight and into the sand I went. Zoom goes the Evil one by me.  2nd place gone so just drove it home for a very unusual 3rd.  My finishes would have been very different if the missing players would have been on track I'm sure. Take off all the time you need guys, LOL.....See you all at Silverstone in the other little cars, should be fun.

Bob M.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 09:31:35 PM +0100 »

Thank you Kurt  thumbup1

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2018, 08:59:39 AM +0100 »

Zero preparation as usual for me, but I knew that I had a couple of Pirin drives left and I remembered that I had a nice setup at Misano...so that would be a simple case of copying it across. Except, on race night there was no setup for the Pirin in my Misano folder?Huh? I have no explanation for that  Undecided

Mild panic as I tried to cobble together a working setup for the Pirin in Race 1, which seemed determined to swap ends on the exit of each corner whenever the power was applied. Eventually after much trial and error with diff and roll bars it was at least driveable. I tried to hang on to a very rapid Ziu in the early laps, but that ended in disaster when the handling caught me out. Patrick was showing that he will be a quick contender in future races and he took 2nd spot and a healthy gap.
His appetite for gardening came to my aid and whilst he was tending some delicate flowers at the chicane I was able to regain 2nd spot and hold it to the flag. As I got used to the car it became obvious that my gears were wrong as I did not need 5th gear and was effectively using a 4 speed gearbox  blink

Race 2.
 I could have tweaked the Pirin setup and tried again, but I thought that I would try one of the other Fiats.......I must like things to be difficult  Huh The whole of qualifying was spent trying to tame the little beast!! Once again I just could not get to grips with the handling...was it me??

As a result I did not set a decent time and started at the back of the grid, but the final qually lap had felt better and might have moved me up the grid, but time ran out. I committed a cardinal sin and made adjustments to the setup before going to the grid, but I sort of guessed that I had been tweaking in the right direction and took a chance. It worked, fortunately.
My faster car jumped a few of the class B cars before T1, but I had a big gap to close to get at the leader. Erling was the leader, so that was going to be a tough ask. Gradually picked off places until I was tailing Bob, I arrogantly thought that as I had caught him it should be relatively easy to complete the pass and steal 2nd spot......Bob had other ideas and matched my pace to maintain a 3 second gap!!  lol
We were faster or slower at different parts of the track and the gap see-sawed. I got within 1.5 secs by pushing hard but then lost it again with  clumsy braking.  Erling was gone by now and out of reach, I gradually hauled Bob in again and was thinking that maybe 3rd would be the best I could hope for, when he stirred up the gravel trap. I did not need a second invitation and swept through to 2nd place. There were a few moments when I almost lost control of the little buzz box, but I managed to bounce over kerbs and catch some hairy slides to cross the line in 2nd spot ( with 2 Cut Track warnings!!)

Now that the season is ending I am beginning to find the sweet spot with these cars.....the story of my life....too little and too late !! lol
CYA'll at Spa, which promises to be a bit different  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:03:57 AM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2018, 09:32:10 AM +0100 »

Fun couple of races!!!   R1 I took the TC Corsa along with many others it seemed.  Had  close racing with Matt, Dom at times and Kurt.  We kindof took turns goofing up and going into the weeds or sand boxes.  Matt would have been ahead of me but he went off track and didn't have enough laps to pass me.  All three, Kurt, Dom and Matt were faster than me as usual.
Race 2 I took the TCR and got a good start and followed Erling but knew I had zero chance of overtaking him, dam aliens!!  Clive must have had a bad start because it took him quite a few laps to show up in my mirror.  Was able to keep him at a distant as we were running close to the same lap times.  Then on about lap 8 disaster struck me a I caught a wheel off on the big right sweeper that enters the back straight and into the sand I went. Zoom goes the Evil one by me.  2nd place gone so just drove it home for a very unusual 3rd.  My finishes would have been very different if the missing players would have been on track I'm sure. Take off all the time you need guys, LOL.....See you all at Silverstone in the other little cars, should be fun.

Bob M.

Forgot to mention: sorry Bob for the bump in the opening stages of race 1 !

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2018, 10:15:10 AM +0100 »

If Patrick can fill out his driver profile with nationality details we can give him a little flag

Done.
However, despite living in Switzerland I'm french, so if I could get a french flag I'd appreciate  Wink (unless it's automatic and based on location...)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com