by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 11:04:46 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L18LMCS Daytona: January 29, 2018
January 29, 2018, 08:42:03 PM +0000 - Daytona (Road) - UKGTL Season 18 Le Mans Cup Series (Late 60s)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 908LH (#0) GTL Group P3.0 6 +3.143
127.721mph
1 1:03:07.365
123.016mph
34 1:48.083
126.784mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 908LH (#0) GTL Group P3.0 4 +1.951
129.156mph
2 +17.919
122.437mph
34 1:46.690
128.439mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Porsche 917LH (#0) GTL Group S5.0 1 1:44.147
131.575mph
3 +22.364
122.294mph
34 1:46.285
128.928mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Porsche 908K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 7 +5.287
125.219mph
4 +1:28.656
120.203mph
34 1:49.491
125.153mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Porsche 908K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 8 +5.686
124.764mph
5 +1:37.748
119.921mph
34 1:50.663
123.828mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 917LH (#0) GTL Group S5.0 3 +0.568
130.862mph
6 +1L
118.732mph
33 1:45.594
129.772mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford GT40 MkIV (#0) GTL Group P3.0 9 +9.387
120.697mph
7 +13L 21 1:53.043
121.221mph
suspension
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Porsche 917K (#0) GTL Group S5.0 5 +2.825
128.100mph
8 +18L 16 1:46.867
128.226mph
suspension
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 917LH (#0) GTL Group S5.0 10 +10.555
119.468mph
9 +29L 5 2:02.691
111.688mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ferrari 330/P4 (#0) GTL Group P+2.0 2 +0.522
130.919mph
10 +33L 1 ---
---
suspension
Firestone  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTL Group S5.0
1:44.147
131.575mph
fpolicardi
Qualifying
Porsche 917LHJanuary 29, 2018, 08:42:03 PM +0000
L18LMCS
GT Legends
GTL Group S5.0
1:45.594
129.772mph
phspok
Race
Porsche 917LHJanuary 29, 2018, 08:42:03 PM +0000
L18LMCS
GT Legends
GTL Group P3.0
1:46.098
129.156mph
Geoffers
Qualifying
Porsche 908LHJanuary 29, 2018, 08:42:03 PM +0000
L18LMCS
GT Legends
GTL Group P3.0
1:46.690
128.439mph
Geoffers
Race
Porsche 908LHJanuary 29, 2018, 08:42:03 PM +0000
L18LMCS
GT Legends
GTL Group P+2.0
1:44.669
130.919mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Ferrari 330/P4January 29, 2018, 08:42:03 PM +0000
L18LMCS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 18 Le Mans Cup Series (Late 60s) - Daytona - Jan 29  (Read 4443 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2018, 10:29:26 PM +0000 »

OK so I now have a virgin ( and copy of virgin ) install on my new rig.
I also have loaded the Le Mans classic cars into the new location along with the Daytona track file.

all good so far..I can boot offline and see the list of cars.

But I cannot remember where to find the unlimited credit patch so that I can purchase the damned cars!!! anyone got a download link to that please?

Plus of course I still have to sort the connection to the Lobby??!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2018, 10:46:14 PM +0000 »

I also have loaded the Le Mans classic cars into the new location along with the Daytona track file.

But I cannot remember where to find the unlimited credit patch so that I can purchase the damned cars!!! anyone got a download link to that please?

And you have done this? Note: This series requires a standalone install of GTL. Put this file http://www.mediafire.com/file/bss5e7alx9werkf/SIM_GTC.gdb in to your GameData folder and allow to overwrite.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2018, 10:50:29 PM +0000 »

Unlock link in this post https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12125.msg217542#msg217542

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2018, 10:57:49 PM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

Please take extra care when starting this race. Some cars are prone to sliding across the track whilst waiting for the green light. Do not start racing proper until you have passed the start finish line.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2018, 01:28:20 PM +0000 »

Sorry to be a PIA tony, but I am having a problem with the "unlimited Funds" patch.

I have my ID etc loaded and can see the server in Albiertude lobby, I have a list of cars available,  but I am unable to buy/use any of the cars because I have no credits?? I have exited GTL and re booted.
 I have downloaded the linked file TG 2001 several times and overwritten , but still have no cars to drive or funds to purchase any?

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2018, 01:33:37 PM +0000 »

Sorry to be a PIA tony, but I am having a problem with the "unlimited Funds" patch.

I have my ID etc loaded and can see the server in Albiertude lobby, I have a list of cars available,  but I am unable to buy/use any of the cars because I have no credits?? I have exited GTL and re booted.
 I have downloaded the linked file TG 2001 several times and overwritten , but still have no cars to drive or funds to purchase any?
Add the downloaded file to your main GTL folder. Start GTL and create a new Profile. Exit GTL then start it again. If it's successful your cars will now be unlocked and you will have loads of cash

Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2018, 02:28:51 PM +0000 »

I have my ID etc loaded and can see the server in Albiertude lobby, I have a list of cars available,  but I am unable to buy/use any of the cars because I have no credits?? I have exited GTL and re booted.
Add the downloaded file to your main GTL folder. Start GTL and create a new Profile. Exit GTL then start it again. If it's successful your cars will now be unlocked and you will have loads of cash

I tried, but not one coin came out of my PC. I did not believe that GTL could be like a slot machine
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2018, 06:13:22 PM +0000 »

I am beginning to wonder if buying my new rig was worth all of the stress!!  scared scared scared scared scared scared scared death death death

Just after I asked about the unlock cars info, the whole PC crashed and would not restart. It appears that Win 10 screwed itself?? I had to do a new install of win 10 because it could not access the "recover" files. Maybe all of my woes have been linked to a dodgy win 10 install?? although it was a factory install from new?.

Since then I have been fighting for 2 hours to restore normal GTL to a working condition and  to get the le mans install operational. (Logitech G25 was the biggest headache). I have all the cars available but not a clue how to drive them, so I will start at the back of the grid ( where I would have qualified anyway!!).

All I am missing is the XHUD patch, so that I can see how quickly I am destroying Mr Porsches lovely car. EDIT....found the XHUD d/load  Wink
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:34:28 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2018, 10:25:26 PM +0000 »

Replay and Results now posted.

The Championship table needs finishing and I will post when this is done.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2018, 09:21:30 AM +0000 »

After a traumatic afternoon fighting my PC and the virgin GTL install for the Le Mans I only managed to take my first drive in one of these cars at around 6:30p.m. last night.
 With no time to test all of the cars I looked for something with a decent top speed and a nice colour scheme ( very scientific!). I did my testing on the server to be sure that everything was working properly. I was glad that Rog chose that moment to join for some practice too as it gave me something to compare myself with.

Once I had a setup that allowed me to drive the car I went and had some food before returning for the race. A few more tweaks through qually and I found myself mid grid, which was NOT part of my game plan. I had expected to be at, or near, the back of the grid and was now going to be "in the way" of those with more experience in these cars.
The start was eventful and I hesitated as cars tangled ahead and took the chance to drop to the inside to avoid the mayhem. I found a clear run up to T1 and somehow emerged in 3rd place??!! Matt leading with Fulvio in hot pursuit, both in those long tailed Porkers....I presume that they are the high speed aerodynamic versions? Because when it came to the main straight I was struggling!!
But remarkably, I had the advantage through the infield and certainly under braking where I was closing the gap. Then Matt went off and a lap or two later, so did Fulvio. I found myself leading with a 5 second gap  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked. I had no idea about tyre wear in these cars although it was noticeable that my front right tyre was glowing red around the banking....which I figured was not good  Undecided. The fuel situation looked OK and I should have a few gallons spare at the end of the race. So all I had to do was get to the mid race pit stop and take on fuel and tyres...Ha! that's all!!
Instead of concentrating on my driving I was distracted by the leader board and was spending too much time looking at the gaps and positions behind because I was so short of track time in these cars. As a result I missed a downshift and spun out allowing the chasing cars to get past. With 3 laps to go to the dreaded pitstop the tyres were actually not too bad, certainly worn but not totally shredded.
Then it all went badly wrong as I entered the banking and got on the power just a little too soon. The rear end stepped out, not a lot, and I was confident that I could hold the slide with a little opp lock. Then the tail end clipped the wall.................... and 5 secs later I had performed a triple somersault with twist and pike to land outside the fencing on all four wheels and engine still running!!!!!!!!!!!...

Race over  Undecided  Genuinly surprised that I had enough pace to run near the front with so little practice in these cars..maybe I was lucky that it was the first race in the series? but slightly encouraged.  Wink

Grats to those who showed more prudence and finished with their car on the tarmac.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2018, 09:29:57 AM +0000 »

Championship class tables now done.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2018, 10:57:40 AM +0000 »

Shame about the start, we have had the same issue here in the past, people still want to be at T1 first  Evil

I set off nice and slow, and was promptly mugged by several cars, Ziu then did the sideways into the wall thing
not looked at the replay, no idea whether it was heavy right foot, or someone else involved, but I managed to avoid
the mayhem, and might have been in the lead, if not I got in front as Fulvio was very cautious in the infield section
at first. I had a wobbler and damaged the car on a fence, was still drivable with bent steering and got back in front I think
and, as usual, the pitstops probably lost me the race  taz I dropped out of Qual to make sure I had keys mapped
for the pit board, as last time we did stops I had no keys, and had to retire. But in the stop, I forgot you have to manually
set the fuel, and so they changed tyres, I just hit return expecting a few extra seconds to fix bodywork
but they spent more than a minute swapping out track rods, suspension arms etc, but didn't put any fuel in...
messed about trying to get them to do it and gave up and crawled round running on fumes and took another stop
so now I was more than a lap down. Managed to unlap myself from Tony and Roger, and then had some fun
unlapping myself from Fulvio, didn't really matter as I was dead last anyways, but had to have some fun.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2018, 11:26:46 AM +0000 »

After struggling with practicing the 917K last week, I did get a chance to do a bit more practicing on Sunday & decided to try some other cars. Tried the Ford MkIV which was quite easy to drive but seemed slow, particularly around the banking where it seemed to lose a lot of speed. Not sure why, maybe needed more ride height or something. Also the sounds on it are dreadful, not at all like a big V8. Sad  Then tried the 908LH, initially had a similar problem to the 917 with the rear trying to overtake the front on corner entry, but a few adjustments improved this & the car was much more driveable & I was able to lap faster than I had with the 917. So 908LH it was for the race.

Qualified 4th & got a decent start but had to lift when Ziu got well out of shape & Erling shot past on the inside. So 2nd into T1 which didn't last as I braked much too late & went off onto the grass. Resumed nearly last & set about making up ground, past Ziu off track at T4 & then Kurt around the banking only to go off again at T1 start of lap 3. Eventually caught & passed Rog & Tony & started to close on Erling & the 917s ahead. Had another brief spin at T2 a little later & just caught sight of Clive flying over the wall near half distance. Planned to stop on lap 19 but I was just behind Fulvio who was recovering from an 'off' as he headed for the pits, as I still had 2 laps of fuel left I decided to do another lap rather than follow him in.

Was in two minds whether to change tyres or just add fuel at my stop, but I had two 'moments' on that extra lap which I thought maybe due to the tyres, so settled on changing them. Returned to the race now in 2nd place behind Erling, how did that happen? Erling was over 20s ahead & although I was lapping faster, without a rare mistake from Erling I was not going to catch him. However Fulvio was only around 5s behind in the 917 & I expected him to quickly catch me, but I was surprised that the gap stayed constant for a few laps until Fulvio must have made a mistake & the gap jumped to over 10s.

Continued to gain on Erling & the gap was down to under 10s with a couple of laps left, may have got it down to 8s at the finish but a last lap spin at T2 put paid to that idea & I was lucky to get back on the track before Fulvio went past & hang on to 2nd place. Anyway happy with 2nd at the end.

Congrats to Erling & Fulvio.  clap clap Commiserations to those who met with misfortune.  Cry
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2018, 11:43:55 AM +0000 »

It appears that Ziu is unhappy about using up his Ferrari drive last night and scoring no points in class.
Whilst I do not intend to reinstate the used drive I do think it unfair that he doesn't receive the full amount of points in class as he was the only driver in that class, regardless of where he finished in the race.
To enable me to alocate these "missing" class points I have revised last nights race results to show him completing a lap. As a side effect of this revision he is awarded 1 point in the results table.
As this will potentialy be one of his lowest scoring rounds it will probably be ignored in the final reckoning.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2018, 12:54:06 PM +0000 »

Really enjoyed that one. Spent nearly the entire race trying to catch Roguk in the sister car. I thought I would catch him out by pitting before him and sneakily only refuel; tyres were not too bad.

Perfect pit stop and rejoined the track with a Mha ha ha ha. Roguk then pitted and I was about to see my cunning plan come to fruition as I sped up the back straight. But as I took turn 1 that rascaly Roger had also only stopped for fuel and so it was status quo. Many more laps trying to catch and pass him. I seemed to be faster in the infield section but he blasted me into the weeds on the backstraight. Anyway great fun Roger and well driven Sir.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com