by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 01:54:44 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L18LMCS Targa Florio: June 25, 2018
June 25, 2018, 08:39:48 PM +0100 - Targa Florio - UKGTL Season 18 Le Mans Cup Series (Late 60s)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 330/P4 (#0) GTL Group P+2.0 1 34:44.424
77.104mph
1 34:44.424
77.104mph
Firestone  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford GT40 MkIV (#0) GTL Group P3.0 2 +1L 0 ---
---
fuel
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ferrari 330/P4 (#0) GTL Group P+2.0 3 0 ---
---
suspension
Firestone  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 917K (#0) GTL Group S5.0 4 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 907K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 5 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Porsche 908K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 6 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Porsche 908K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 7 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTL Group P+2.0
34:44.424
77.104mph
Erling G-P
Race
Ferrari 330/P4June 25, 2018, 08:39:48 PM +0100
L18LMCS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 18 Le Mans Cup Series (Late 60s) - Targa Florio - Jun 25  (Read 4952 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 10:11:18 PM +0000 »

Over at UKGPL, 90% of the time we run this as a time trial, simply because the track is so narrow. Plus, in order to have a grid you have to have a qualifying session? How long a qualifying period are we going to have?

When we have actually started a grid type race, experience shows that the front row gains an enormous advantage by having a clear road.

If ( or should I say when?) a second or third row car gets it "wrong", or gets too physical whilst exchanging paint samples early in the race, the resultant crashfest holds up everyone behind for a long, long time. The leading few cars are then gifted a 20-30 second lead which given that they are at the front because they are proven to be quicker in qualifying, releases them from any pressure from behind and allows them to drive away.

In general starting at 10-20 second intervals means that cars will catch each other and not have a lonely drive, but between 2 drivers common sense usually prevails and an obviously faster car will be allowed to pass.

Just my view............

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 11:08:00 PM +0000 »

in order to have a grid you have to have a qualifying session? How long a qualifying period are we going to have?
We can go without a qualy session in GTL. This then produces a random grid.

Like it states in the race announcement

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 09:37:39 AM +0000 »

Well, if you are going to fall back on that old chestnut about reading the original post Tony.................... Roll Eyes whistling

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 10:09:31 AM +0000 »

Does anyone have a laptime - just a rough one perhaps ?  Like John, I've never managed to set a time here.  Played around with a DBR1 here a couple of years ago, but never completed a lap.  Spent around 4 hours last night trying to do so, but never made it more than appr. 20 minutes into a lap, before wrecking the car terminally.   Unless the course opens up considerably in the remainder of the lap, I doubt the average speed will be much more than 72 km/h, meaning a lap would take about an hour ?? (And the race then about 2 hours ?)  Shocked
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 10:26:31 AM +0000 »

Does anyone have a laptime - just a rough one perhaps ?  Like John, I've never managed to set a time here.  Played around with a DBR1 here a couple of years ago, but never completed a lap.  Spent around 4 hours last night trying to do so, but never made it more than appr. 20 minutes into a lap, before wrecking the car terminally.   Unless the course opens up considerably in the remainder of the lap, I doubt the average speed will be much more than 72 km/h, meaning a lap would take about an hour ?? (And the race then about 2 hours ?)  Shocked
I let the AI do the driving and I think a lap takes about 30mins. The route along the coast is just one big long straight so you need to set your car up with the longest gearing. I can do further testing today and I'll post a more accurate time once I have one. I'm not using my racing PC at the mo but I think I can get some times from that once I'm on it.
TBH I'm still dithering about which version of this track to use  Huh

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 10:47:25 AM +0000 »

Does anyone have a laptime - just a rough one perhaps ?  Like John, I've never managed to set a time here.  Played around with a DBR1 here a couple of years ago, but never completed a lap.  Spent around 4 hours last night trying to do so, but never made it more than appr. 20 minutes into a lap, before wrecking the car terminally.   Unless the course opens up considerably in the remainder of the lap, I doubt the average speed will be much more than 72 km/h, meaning a lap would take about an hour ?? (And the race then about 2 hours ?)  Shocked
I let the AI do the driving and I think a lap takes about 30mins. The route along the coast is just one big long straight so you need to set your car up with the longest gearing. I can do further testing today and I'll post a more accurate time once I have one. I'm not using my racing PC at the mo but I think I can get some times from that once I'm on it.

When I played around with a DBR1, I started out with the Historical version, but later switched to the Regular.  As I recall, they were very similar - at least in the parts I have seen; never made it to that long straight, so if the difference is mainly in the 2nd half of the track, I can't comment on it.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 06:51:50 PM +0000 »

When I played around with a DBR1, I started out with the Historical version, but later switched to the Regular.  As I recall, they were very similar - at least in the parts I have seen; never made it to that long straight, so if the difference is mainly in the 2nd half of the track, I can't comment on it.
If you study the map on the load screen you can clearly see the straight part of the course.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 07:53:40 PM +0000 »

My time in the Por 908k is 44:26 for a lap.  This is very cautious driving on the Regular track to make it to the end.  I tried a couple of starts with AI on the Historic track, but they are so crazy that they will "boot" you off the track when they come up behind you.  Tried to check over on Bude for lap times but have forgotten were you go to get them, I know they have raced over there I'm sure. 

Should be fun.  Put me in for  starting at the back please!!!!
Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 08:04:14 PM +0000 »

In the Ferrari 412P a lap should take around 35mins, but that was with autopilot on. Fuel is about 30litres per lap

looking at the Altbierbude times maybe 45mins per lap is more realistic?

I may have to reduce this event to one lap  Sad
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:12:12 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 08:09:05 PM +0000 »

Tried to check over on Bude for lap times but have forgotten were you go to get them, I know they have raced over there I'm sure.  
http://www.altbierbude.de/component/option,com_gtlreporter/Itemid,53/Mode,bestlaps/lang,en/?country=
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:13:00 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 12:44:04 PM +0000 »

Well I finally finished a lap with only a moderately bent Porsche 907K My time is 38:46. 95% spent mostly in 2nd gear ran out of steam down the long straight so need to up the ratio a bit.

I still have no memory of where the track goes and was slowing way too early everytime I saw any arrows on the armco ahead.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 01:16:51 PM +0000 »

In the Ferrari 412P a lap should take around 35mins, but that was with autopilot on. Fuel is about 30litres per lap

looking at the Altbierbude times maybe 45mins per lap is more realistic?

I may have to reduce this event to one lap  Sad

We had a one lapper on NoGrip a year or so ago. Most of use drove 1000cc Cars the Mini970, Fiat Abarth, Alpine etc but one Alien was brave enough to win event in the 250 GTO!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 02:29:17 PM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

We will use the Regular version and the race is now 1 lap long.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 02:45:09 PM +0000 »

Completing a single lap here all on my own, is harder than all my hardest GTL races put together.  After one more entire evening, and countless reloads of saved progress, I finally got a time yesterday:  A very very disappointing 48 minutes for the Historical Version.  That was in a Ferrari 330 P3/4, with lowest possible gearing. All wrong for the long straight of course, but since I'm in 2nd gear for 95% of the rest of the track, I figured better responsiveness here possibly would make up for it.   Am still very, very, very far away from just jumping into a car and doing a lap without terminally wrecking it, and not sure I'll ever get there.  Undecided

I abandoned my usual practice mode and instead started a quick race with just myself, so that I could have my first lap timed, instead of having to do two laps.  At the start, I was dumped seemingly in the middle of nowhere on track, literally half a lap away from the start/finish line.  Among much else, I had to do the long straight twice.  Anyone know what that is about  Huh

Come to think of it, in practice, you start a short distance before the start/finish line.  Anyone know if that means your first lap in practice is also timed ?

All this of course relating to the Historical Version, so maybe not relevant for the Regular one ?
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 03:23:47 PM +0000 »

Erling:
In the practice mode in Historic, the clock starts for me as I cross the S/F line right at the pit enterance.  Can't tell you how many times I have started the race and put it in the Armco or stone wall.  Very frustrating thats for sure.  Was a lot more fun in the Mini that Bill mentioned over on the NoGrip race.  At least you could pay attention to the corner signs, but I am going to stick with it, and give it my best shot on race day.  Just don't  wait up for my finish!!!!!

Bob M.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com