by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 12:26:22 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L18LMCS Targa Florio: June 25, 2018
June 25, 2018, 08:39:48 PM +0100 - Targa Florio - UKGTL Season 18 Le Mans Cup Series (Late 60s)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 330/P4 (#0) GTL Group P+2.0 1 34:44.424
77.104mph
1 34:44.424
77.104mph
Firestone  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford GT40 MkIV (#0) GTL Group P3.0 2 +1L 0 ---
---
fuel
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ferrari 330/P4 (#0) GTL Group P+2.0 3 0 ---
---
suspension
Firestone  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 917K (#0) GTL Group S5.0 4 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 907K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 5 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Porsche 908K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 6 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Porsche 908K (#0) GTL Group P3.0 7 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTL Group P+2.0
34:44.424
77.104mph
Erling G-P
Race
Ferrari 330/P4June 25, 2018, 08:39:48 PM +0100
L18LMCS
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 18 Le Mans Cup Series (Late 60s) - Targa Florio - Jun 25  (Read 4821 times)
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 11:27:01 PM +0000 »

Thanks Bob.

Dunno if the Regular Version is shorter, but just did a 34:54 in a 330 P4, with 2nd tallest gearing.  Still with numerous restarts and reloads, so real life time was around 2 hours...  Wink

Those of you in Porkers; have you noticed if they brake as awfully as the Ferraris ?   The latter seems to confirm the myth that Enzo supposedly said his cars were meant to go, not stop, so he didn't care how they braked!!.  The versions here definitely are much better at accumulating speed, than shedding it again when you realize you're approaching the next, concrete lined corner much too fast  Shocked
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 12:26:10 PM +0000 »

From Wikipedia: ".... Porsche, on the other hand, did not race its big Porsche 917,......"

A grave omission someone stupid brave enough can now remedy... Grin
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2018, 11:58:13 AM +0100 »

IMPORTANT

I have decided to change the track version from Regular to Historical. This provides a 10sec approx staggered start. So you may start out in the Sicilian countryside with no other cars in site and no start lights. You will need to have the in-game countdown turned on.

How will this work result-wise Tony - is it still a regular race, or more like a rally stage, with individual timing ?    Would be a bit of a bummer to have to start over a minute after the first car, if it's still a normal race where the winner is the first finisher (assuming anyone makes it to the finish..  Wink)
WIP  blink
I have decided against making this more like a rally stage. The winner will be first past the line as usual.

I'm relying on all drivers demonstrating high levels of common sense at this event. It's a random grid so the usual faster guy's may initially be behind slower drivers. You will not win this race by being first into the first turn, so let us all take it easy. If the guy behind you is becoming impatient to pass it's probably best to let them through when it is safe to do so. If you do not want to let a driver pass then don't. It is the following drivers responsibility to pass safely and to show high levels of patience.

Presuming you still have working headlamps, you could flash the following driver to let him know that you are willing to let them pass.

Please all read the first post for the most up to date details.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:04:06 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2018, 05:38:29 PM +0100 »

We had a one lapper on NoGrip a year or so ago. Most of use drove 1000cc Cars the Mini970, Fiat Abarth, Alpine etc but one Alien was brave enough to win event in the 250 GTO!
I...I...I'm moved  Cry. This is the first time I've been called an Alien.
I'm anything but actually. I just knew the Targa way better than anyone else in that race. That's possibly because I spent half of my simracing life on it.

Which makes me wonder:
Is it OK to join this race for a one-off or is this a 'closed' championship? Mondays are usually not suitable for me but for the Targa I'm eager to make a reschedule.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2018, 07:12:36 PM +0100 »

We had a one lapper on NoGrip a year or so ago. Most of use drove 1000cc Cars the Mini970, Fiat Abarth, Alpine etc but one Alien was brave enough to win event in the 250 GTO!
I...I...I'm moved  Cry. This is the first time I've been called an Alien.
I'm anything but actually. I just knew the Targa way better than anyone else in that race. That's possibly because I spent half of my simracing life on it.

Which makes me wonder:
Is it OK to join this race for a one-off or is this a 'closed' championship? Mondays are usually not suitable for me but for the Targa I'm eager to make a reschedule.
Please join us  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2018, 09:25:37 AM +0100 »

Will be good to see you on track at Targa Dom. In fact you could pretend to be me if you want, lol.  laugh

Haven't driven the track since our 63WSC event last year so will have to get reaquainted with it some time before the race, although my chances of completing the race will probably be very slim!  Roll Eyes
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2018, 10:00:11 AM +0100 »

The difficult tract is between Cerda and Castelbuono and It s here that one build his time. I did one lap with Pirin Abarth 1000 TCR  time 38min56sec but I think to do 36 minutes with setting better pressure tyre and with little more practice
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2018, 10:30:52 AM +0100 »

Pirin Abarth 1000 TCR wont be the right car for this one  Roll Eyes Grin Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2018, 12:50:33 PM +0100 »

Best laptime at Altbierbude is 32.58 in a 917K!
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2018, 03:53:45 AM +0100 »

I've got everything installed according to the instructions and all's working fine. I had a first test with a GT40 Mk. IV (what else  Grin) and yeah, unless one of my quaint medical quirks plays up, I'm definitely in. Lots of practice ahead because I want to test every single one of these -unknown to me- cars. As such, it's way too early to mention times.

IMHO a random grid without qualification shouldn't be a problem. The Targa isn't *that* narrow and there are plenty of overtaking opportunities.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2018, 11:27:48 AM +0100 »

I've got everything installed according to the instructions and all's working fine. I had a first test with a GT40 Mk. IV (what else  Grin) and yeah, unless one of my quaint medical quirks plays up, I'm definitely in. Lots of practice ahead because I want to test every single one of these -unknown to me- cars. As such, it's way too early to mention times.

IMHO a random grid without qualification shouldn't be a problem. The Targa isn't *that* narrow and there are plenty of overtaking opportunities.

Even with random qualy you can blag yourself a front grid slot if you set a time in praccy  Wink

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2018, 11:50:00 AM +0100 »

Even with random qualy you can blag yourself a front grid slot if you set a time in praccy  Wink

Would that be considered dedication or cheating... ?  whistling
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2018, 04:19:27 PM +0100 »

To endure a quali lap with all the pressure of avoiding other drivers and their misfortunes and making no mistakes, just to get a front row slot sounds like a particular form of masochism!!! scared................but we know there are some very serious contenders out there  Roll Eyes

In UKGPL we have a coupe of members who have dedicated themselves to learning this track and setting WR times in the 67 GT cars that we have, which includes the Ferrari P4 and the Ford GT MK's 1,2 and 4 ( and the Gulf Mirage ). The only Porker in GPL is the 908 which is a pussycat compared to what Tony has lined up here for us.
Needless to say, I am not amongst those who have memorised the Targa Florio and I am more of a point and squirt tactician for this event.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2018, 07:16:20 PM +0100 »

Have just had our Coach Tour for this week confirmed and our tickets etc received today. Have a good race all, probably will miss the following weeks race as well.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2018, 11:00:18 AM +0100 »

Extremely unfavourable conditions for my comeback  angel - I never was able to complete more than a quarter lap on this track  Roll Eyes.
But the actual problem is a slow internet connection when returning from my holidays with only about half speed (will be repaired tomorrow - hopefully  Tongue)

But I'll try my best  Cheesy

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com