by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 10:18:29 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L18ATC Mallory Park: March 05, 2018
March 05, 2018, 08:31:36 PM +0000 - Mallory Park (Full) - UKGTL Season 18 Auto Tuner Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Anglia Super (#43) TC-65 D2 1 53.937
87.548mph
1 16:21.554
86.594mph
18 53.915
87.583mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Anglia Super (#43) TC-65 D2 2 +1.065
85.852mph
2 +15.162
85.277mph
18 54.128
87.239mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin Mini Cooper 970S (#30) TC-65 D1 5 +1.671
84.917mph
3 +28.692
84.135mph
18 55.268
85.439mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Sunbeam Imp (#6) TC-65 D1 4 +1.531
85.131mph
4 +30.472
83.987mph
18 55.022
85.821mph
Avon  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ford Anglia Super (#162) TC-65 D2 3 +1.365
85.387mph
5 +36.948
83.453mph
18 54.951
85.932mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Hillman Imp (#131) TC-65 D1 7 +2.516
83.646mph
6 +39.979
83.205mph
18 55.371
85.280mph
Avon  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Austin Mini Cooper 970S (#20) TC-65 D1 6 +1.708
84.860mph
7 +40.814
83.137mph
18 55.318
85.362mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Anglia Super (#162) TC-65 D2 8 +12L 6 56.545
83.510mph
unknown
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Anglia Super (#43) TC-65 D2 8 +4.387
80.962mph
9 +17L 1 1:07.638
69.814mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
87.548mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Ford Anglia SuperMarch 05, 2018, 08:31:36 PM +0000
L18ATC
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
87.583mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Race
Ford Anglia SuperMarch 05, 2018, 08:31:36 PM +0000
L18ATC
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 18 Auto Tuner Cup - Mallory Park - Mar 5  (Read 3028 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2017, 11:09:42 AM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE ONE

Practice: ~19:25 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:25 (5 mins, One attempt at a timed lap only)
Race: 20:30 (18 laps)

Track: Mallory Park Download this

Cars allowed: Mini Cooper 970S Download this Note: Not including '69 Mini.
                       Hillman Imp Download this Note: Car #'s 131 and 171 only
                       Sunbeam Imp Note: All cars
                       Ford Anglia Download this Note: Cars #20, 43 & 162 only  + skins below
                       Extra skins for Ford Anglia Download this Allow to overwrite existing files            

Car restrictions: One drive maximum per make/per night. You decide which race you enter which make in. For the purposes of this Championship the Hillman and the Sunbeam are considered as one make.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:17:53 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 07:19:58 PM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

For this event I am allowing extra Ford Anglia's #43 and #162 to race.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 11:32:47 AM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

Outlap drivers keep an eye on your mirrors for Drivers on Hotlaps.

Can I suggest that as soon as you start a hot lap you turn your headlamps on to warn everyone that a fast guy is coming through.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 11:00:54 AM +0000 »

I have to go to London tonight, last minute sick cover. So won't be able to race. I won't be able to move the server on to qual
so either Picnic can do it? or someone will have to call a vote to move to qual.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 11:51:04 AM +0000 »

I have to go to London tonight, last minute sick cover. So won't be able to race. I won't be able to move the server on to qual
so either Picnic can do it? or someone will have to call a vote to move to qual.
Matt, sorry you cannot make it tonight. But I am still here! It's next week when my holidays start.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 05:48:28 PM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

For this event I am allowing extra Ford Anglia's #43 and #162 to race.

Shame, I know it will even up the car performance, but at least it gave the slower drivers the chance of a good result when the aliens drove the slower Anglias.
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 07:25:01 PM +0000 »

This post has nothing to do with the Mallory park race, but it is just a car I salivated over back in the 90's.  In my opinion one of the most beautiful Jags ever developed.  My son and I had a poster made of a magazine picture made for us back in the day and had it in our TV room to  gaze at.  Course the wife said it was ugly and hated the poster........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzRne46f6AQ

Bob M.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 10:39:33 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 10:18:04 AM +0000 »

Hi sorry about my bad start and first lap race 1 hope it did not ruin any ones race.

Grats to Ziu on 3 race wins

Grats to Podiums

Have a great holiday Tony
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 05:37:35 PM +0000 »

Grats to Ziu on 3 wins, in 3 different cars.
Still wondering where he found a second a lap in all 3 cars over the rest of us. Assuming that we all had similar gearing for the straights, there are only 2 ( maybe 2.5) corners worth talking about and he was gaining around 0.5 secs per corner............that is depressingly quick!!

The other issue with Mallory is that finding a passing place is almost impossible, if the car in front is close on pace, unless they make a mistake.

Race 1 and the Anglebox. Followed Ziu for the first lap and then watched in frustration as he slowly eased away no matter how hard I tried. But with a big gap back to Erling in 3rd I was able to keep things comfortable.

Race 2 and the Hillman Limp. Things were OK and I was watching Tony and Erling trading door handles and paint schemes in 3rd and 4th spots. Eventually it all ended in tears at the hairpin. Just when I thought I might sneak through and take 3rd Anglias started moving in all directions and I opted for the wrong route around them. I found myself on the wrong end of Erling's car and Tony was able to escape.....rats!!!!
I squeezed ahead of Erling and was then subjected to a great deal of harassment for the next laps as I tried to keep him behind me. Coming towards the hairpin I defended the inside, if Erling wanted the pass he would have to go "the long way around".  Well that's what I thought, until a yellow car zipped up the inside at exceptional speed!! Shocked Shocked. I was impressed that he could carry that much speed AND intend to make it around the hairpin.  The state of awe lasted around 3 seconds as Erling severely tested the barriers on the outside of the hairpin. Our battle had allowed the leading trio to get around 6 seconds lead and I just could not close that gap...lots of ambition, somewhat less ability. $th looked safe and certain until I spotted a distant blue car in the mirrors.......Geoffers was recovering from an early off and was now hunting me down!!
I upped the pace and with a lap to go I thought I had him covered........until the engine coughed and spluttered out of T1.
I was out of fuel and had to let Geoffers past before I coasted around the hairpin and stopped. If I could have gone another 100metres I could have coasted down the hill to the finish  Huh Roll Eyes
Race 3 and the front wheel drive Minge. Never been a fan of the front wheel drive Mini, but I had done a little offline testing and with a seriously radical setup I could hustle the beast around. Erling absolutely nailed the start to jump onto Ziu's tail.
I managed to hang on to Erlings Imp and there became an almost race long battle looking for a chance to attempt a pass. There were places where my Mini was quicker, but Erling had the important places covered  Undecided Eventually I tried a little too hard and almost threw it all away at the hairpin, but just managed to scrabble around the outer edge of the tarmac and survive......but it gave Erling that little gap he needed to escape.
For the rest of the race I was shadowing Erling hoping for a rare error......it did not happen and I rolled in 3rd, but better than I had expected.

Great fun and a very enjoyable format.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 08:37:00 PM +0000 »

Not much for me to report on these races.  Periods of good racing in R1 and R3, but really wasn't competetive.  In R1 seems most of the field took the new Anglias and I was in the mini so had a little fun with the rest who took the mini's and Imp's.  In R2 I took the Anglia and got a decent start but of course was no match for Ziu in his Imp.  Kept Tony behind because of my better start so got a podium, Hooray!  R3 I was in the Imp which is my weakest car of the series and should have finished last except Geoff was having a terrible time with his Anglia.  Must have damaged it on his first off and just couldn't recover.  Passed me maybe 3 times and then go off, I've had days like that also.........Good fun with these little cars   Next week should be fun also in the little cars at Assen.
Tony: Have fun in Thailand, I think I told you I was sent there by the military in the early 60's for 90 days.  I'm sure you will have better accomadations than we had, lived in a building built by the Japanese in WW2.   Great friendly people.  The kids were taught English in school and they would always come up to us in town and strike up a conversation.  Hello! are you a American?  My name is_______, what is your name?  In return we stole every piece of pipe and wood to make goals, swing sets and see/saws for their school that we could find on base.  Our comanding officer was always threatning us with theft, but we could have cared less, we were going to Vietnam next.  What could be worse!!!!

Bob M.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 08:42:43 PM +0000 »

Can add little to what Clive's already told.  Heart's not really in it anymore, and my back's as bad as the last time. Thus these multi-car, multi-race events are problematic, as I have to limit my practice as much as possible.  Shows in my driving and results.

Race 1 qualified 5th, but gained a place when Roger practically failed to move at the start.  Bob a close shadow, and we both advanced a place when Geoffers spun at the hairpin early on.  Only slowly built a small gap to Bob, but late in the race it started dropping alarmingly fast. As feared, Geoffers had made it through and was gaining. Tried to sell my hide as dearly as possible, and managed to stay ahead to the finish.

Won't even comment on race 2.

Race 3 qualified behind the Minis of Ziu, Tony & Clive.  Wondered if I could jump all of them at the start ?  Nope, two was the limit, as Ziu got away.  Clive seemed intent on getting his place back, but race 2 left me in take-no-prisoners mood, so I wasn't going to give him as much as a millimeter for free.  Race long battle ensued, and only late did I get a small gap.  Figured his left front tyre might be giving up the ghost - mine certainly took a pounding in race 1.

Grats to Ziu on 3 wins and to the rest of the podiums.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 08:58:15 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

Have a nice holiday, Tony.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Erling.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 09:11:49 AM +0000 »

Result

Cool

Have a nice holiday, Tony.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Erling.
Thanks Kurt and get better soon Erling

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 02:17:33 PM +0000 »

Thanks guys  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com