by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:50:52 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L18ATC Knockhill: June 11, 2018
June 11, 2018, 08:30:29 PM +0100 - Knockhill - UKGTL Season 18 Auto Tuner Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Hillman Imp (#131) TC-65 D1 1 1:02.617
73.051mph
1 16:53.708
72.198mph
16 1:02.111
73.646mph
Avon  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Anglia Super (#251) TC-65 D2 2 +0.355
72.639mph
2 +6.576
71.732mph
16 1:02.360
73.352mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Sunbeam Imp (#1) TC-65 D1 3 +0.461
72.517mph
3 +12.373
71.327mph
16 1:02.659
73.002mph
Avon  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Anglia Super (#252) TC-65 D2 4 +2.754
69.973mph
4 +1L
65.049mph
15 1:04.313
71.124mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Anglia Super (#50) TC-65 D2 5 +4.108
68.553mph
5 +1.463
64.959mph
15 1:04.800
70.590mph
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 18 Auto Tuner Cup - Knockhill - Jun 11  (Read 2415 times)
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 01:52:59 PM +0100 »

Sorry to say, but I will miss this race because of my wifes medical problems and is in the hospital now.  Also may miss a few weeks in the near future as we have decided to move from our house to a smaller all on one floor place with no stairs.  I didn't consider us "hoarders" but wow we have collected a unbelievable amount of "stuff" that we have never or will ever use in our lifetime.  Hope to have it all sorted out by the middle of July.  Until then will keep a eye on the site and watch the replays.  Will miss the fun but life changes, and it has to be done, our kids have been after us for several years and it is just time......

See you when norm life returns
Bob M.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 03:14:33 PM +0100 »

All the best Bob, hope your wife gets better soon & look forward to seeing you back racing with us.  thumbup1
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 03:47:26 PM +0100 »

All the best Bob, hope your wife gets better soon & look forward to seeing you back racing with us.  thumbup1

+1
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 05:11:12 PM +0100 »

All the best to you and your wife Bob. Hope the replays are exciting enough for you. We'll do our best. Hope you come back to us soon.
best wishes
Tony

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 07:24:44 PM +0100 »

Sorry Tony, had an us day. Had cross country drive to Wells  a walk around and lunch. Now I'm too knackered to race, have a good race folks.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 07:37:34 PM +0100 »

Take care of your good lady Bob, and of yourself too.

If the accumulation of "stuff" in your house is anything like our place, it would take you more than a month and we would be lucky to see you by Christmas!!!  Roll Eyes But maybe you were more ruthless in the past ??  lol

I will endeavour to provide some spectacular and stupid incidents for your amusement....shouldn't be too difficult given my recent form  Roll Eyes

Hope we see you back soon Bob  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 10:21:03 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 01:41:22 PM +0100 »

Grats to the podium winners for these races.  Wife will be released from the hospital today and go to a further care unit  for therapy and further observation for maybe a week.  On the road back to getting her home, I'm a terrible cook!  But could lose some weight which would be a good thing.

Bob M.
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 02:04:46 PM +0100 »

+2
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 07:40:48 PM +0100 »

Result_Race1

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 07:41:15 PM +0100 »

All the best Bob, hope your wife gets better soon & look forward to seeing you back racing with us.  thumbup1

+2

+3

BTW: http://www.mediafire.com/view/acii3duzwzm7lcy/IMGP2399kl.jpg#
          http://www.mediafire.com/view/n3fln7bxw8ic54l/IMGP2395kl.jpg#
          http://www.mediafire.com/view/so84b8ty1zqabh2/IMGP2308cs2a%20Kopiekl.jpg#

Grin

(sorry - unable to insert images directly)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:44:50 PM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 11:54:46 PM +0100 »

Looks nice Kurt - still holidaying ?  Smiley

As usual these cars made for some intense races. Nice track too!    Shame so many were missing last night

Race 1:
Picked the Imp and qualified 3rd.  Bad start from Ziu saw both Geoffers & me slip past.  That put me in a tight sandwich between the two over the early laps.  At one point I got too close to Geoffers at the hairpin, having to run wide into the corner to avoid hitting him. That allowed Ziu to get past.  Few laps later, Geoffers had a moment under braking in the same place, almost losing it.  Both Ziu & I got past him as a result.  Chased after Ziu myself, while Geoffers was not far behind. With about a 3rd left of the race, I ran out of talent at the hilltop chicane, losing the rear and spinning.  Apologies to Geoffers for collecting him.  Had to settle for 3rd then.  Grats to Ziu & Geoffers.

Race 2:
Anglia for this and behind Geoffers & Clive. Ziu was behind me, since he failed to set a time in qual. At the beginning of lap 2, he was halfways up the inside on my right.  Wasn't certain if he was going for a Kamikaze move, and didn't dare turn in as we approached T1. Got too close to Clive, locked my wheels and ploughed straight into the barrier.  Last and with not exactly improved handling when I rejoined.  Passed Tony digging himself out of the kitty litter at the hairpin later that lap.  Next found myself slowly catching Clive.  Puzzled, as he should have no trouble pulling away from my damaged Anglia with his Imp. Had he sustained damage too ?   Made a rather cheeky pass at T1 - the same I feared Ziu would pull on me earlier.  An apology for that is probably in place  Shocked   My conscience pangs were alleviated a little however, when later on that lap he did a carbon copy of my mishap in race 1 - at least I wasn't involved in that  Smiley  No hopes of catching Ziu & Geoffers, so another 3rd and another congrats to the two gents.

Race 3:
Mini obviously for this.  Yet another 3rd on the grid, but got past Ziu when he ran wide in one of the first corners.  He reclaimed the position later that lap though, while behind me, it seems Clive spun at the hairpin, dropping back.  Most of the race quite lonely then; had stayed with Ziu over the first couple of laps, but couldn't keep it up.  Late in the race I saw him head for the pits, for a stop'n'go I presumed, handing me 2nd in the process.  Next laps, he was up ahead, but a lap down of course.  When he then headed for the pits once more, and Clive being there too, I started wondering what took place there which was more interesting than the race - had the out-of-work Grid Girls from F1 paid our humble series a visit ?  Grin
Grats to Geoffers for the win, and to Tony for filling the podium.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 08:14:41 AM +0100 »

Looks nice Kurt - still holidaying ?  Smiley

Yep  Grin - will be back for racing on 25th.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 01:08:22 PM +0100 »

Sorry for no show, my daughter's work schedule collided with her partner schedule so I had to babysitting my two grandchildren.
Best wishes Bob.

Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2018, 01:15:21 PM +0100 »

With NoGrip still down & no Sunday race, I had some time to do some extensive practice for this. Found the Mini to be the fastest car here & the Anglia the slowest, so decided to race them in reverse order with the slowest first.

First race was surprised to qualify ahead of Erling's Imp & when Ziu was slow away I grabbed the lead with Erling 2nd. Held the lead from Erling & then Ziu for several laps helped by the Anglia being faster off the hairpin onto the S/F straight. However at about half distance I braked too hard for the hairpin, locked up & ended in the gravel trap, dropping to 3rd. A couple of laps later Erling spun coming out of the chicane & I was unable to avoid running into him, although I think it pushed his car pointing in the right direction. Ziu was now well up the road so came home 2nd.

Race 2, I think I got lucky in qually after running off track at T3 that no one else got a good lap in either so I was on pole. Got a good start & had a straightforward race with the faster speed of the Imp giving me a comfortable win.

Third race saw most of us in Minis, again got pole with a lap only about a tenth away from my best testing time. Grabbed the lead again with Ziu close behind, at T3 he made a bid for the lead, saw him coming, gave him room, but he was a little too late on the brakes & went off onto the grass. Pulled out a few seconds lead over the first couple of laps but after that Ziu was almost keeping pace with me & the gap barely increased. At about 2/3 distance I noticed Ziu was in the pits, guessed he got an S/G, & I had a comfortable lead over Erling, so eased the pace a little over the remaining laps & took a 2nd win.   Grin

Congrats to all the podium fillers.  clap clap clap
Just a shame there were so few of us on this track that really suited these cars.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:17:18 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com