by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 05:12:28 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L18ATC Silverstone: September 26, 2018
September 26, 2018, 08:31:34 PM +0100 - Silverstone (National) - UKGTL Season 18 Auto Tuner Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Anglia Super (#43) TC-65 D2 1 1:07.045
89.031mph
1 17:53.150
88.995mph
16 1:06.321
90.003mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Anglia Super (#43) TC-65 D2 2 +0.370
88.542mph
2 +27.131
86.800mph
16 1:07.060
89.011mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Sunbeam Imp (#1) TC-65 D1 3 +1.865
86.621mph
3 +35.735
86.127mph
16 1:08.393
87.276mph
Avon  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Austin Mini Cooper 970S (#20) TC-65 D1 6 +2.855
85.394mph
4 +41.427
85.687mph
16 1:08.464
87.185mph
Dunlop  
Dominick

Hillman Imp (#172) TC-65 D1 5 +2.498
85.833mph
5 +47.372
85.233mph
16 1:08.302
87.392mph
Avon  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Sunbeam Imp (#6) TC-65 D1 8 +3.569
84.531mph
6 +48.387
85.155mph
16 1:08.670
86.924mph
Avon  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Sunbeam Imp (#1) TC-65 D1 7 +3.134
85.055mph
7 +1:04.789
83.928mph
16 1:09.121
86.357mph
Avon  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Sunbeam Imp (#6) TC-65 D1 4 +1.961
86.501mph
8 +1:49.039
80.787mph
16 1:08.294
87.402mph
Avon  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Hillman Imp (#131) TC-65 D1 9 +4.126
83.869mph
9 +1L
83.054mph
15 1:09.908
85.384mph
Avon  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Ford Anglia Super (#20) TC-65 D2 10 +1:01.056
78.602mph
15 1:12.090
82.800mph
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 18 Auto Tuner Cup - Silverstone - Sep 26  (Read 1832 times)
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 10:03:41 AM +0100 »

Clive grats for win GPL F1 1955 Drivers Championship
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 12:27:50 PM +0100 »

Bit more successful evenings racing than the last round at Pembrey.

First race in the Imp didn't go too well. Rubbish start followed by my signature mistake at Becketts on the first lap (pressed clutch instead of brake  Roll Eyes) dropped me to last place, then compounded the error by rear-ending Fulvio at Brooklands & waiting for him to rejoin. Got back up to 7th but was not catching the Dom/Tony dice fast enough to gain any more places & to cap it all got an S/G on the last lap dropping me behind Kurt.

Race 2 (Mini) got a better start this time & nearly got ahead of Ziu at Copse then did on the Wellington Straight with the Mini being faster than the Imp. We swapped places a couple of times before Ziu had a spin at Brooklands leaving me with a comfortable run to the flag.

Final race looked like being a battle of the Anglias between me & Erling. Messed up my qually lap by running wide at Copse & getting a cut track, so had to start at the back. Good start got me to 5th at T1 which became 3rd when Tony flipped his Anglia & took Ziu with him. Straight line speed got me past Dan's Mini so just had to chase down Erling who was by now about 3s ahead. Surprised to catch up quite quick & a good exit from Becketts on lap 5 got me alongside into Brooklands & into the lead. Erling stayed close for the next few laps & it was only near the end that the gap opened significantly.

Congrats to all the other podium finishers  clap clap clap & commiserations to those who struck trouble.

Yeh congrats Clive on your GPL55 win, beat that old reprobate Loynes into 2nd place. laugh
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 05:11:38 PM +0100 »

Grats to the finishers and podiums and thanks to those who gave me some entertaining races on the way.  Wink

My evenings 3 races started well and then slipped gradually downhill. I did a couple of laps in each car over the weekend just to be sure I had all the right car/track combinations sorted. During those laps all cars were in the low 1:08's on race fuel, and the Anglia appeared to be the slowest??!! I think that out of about 4 laps in the Mini there was an almost dead 1:08 and a promise of 1:07. Come race night and the Anglia is by far the fastest car and I am struggling to get the Imp or Mini sub 1:10  Undecided. Is it me??? lol

I did have a slight handicap that manifested itself in race 2 and more so in Race 3. I use my G25 shifter rather than the paddles for changing gear, but in "sequential" mode. )i.e. push forward to downshift, and pull back to upshift) I use the same in GPL and GTL and have done for a couple of years. In the last couple of on line races I am getting double downshifts  Shocked. It happened in Tuesdays GPL race and it got more frequent in the final race last night. Going from 4th to 2nd in the Imp at the end of the Wellington straight did nothing for the engine health and even less for the chances of making the corner!! I think I spun in a cloud of blue smoke about 3 times and just managed to avoid a crash on an equal number of occasions  Undecided. In race 3 it happened once in the Mini and reduced the Engine health from 85% to 25% in a single hit. I had to change  my driving and be overly cautious about gearchanges. Still great fun in these cars and I hope we do something similar next season.

Thanks guys for even noticing my GPL activity lol.
It was kind of odd taking the silverware away from Mr Loynes ( someone I have had the pleasure of meeting in the flesh on a couple of ocassions) over the last few races. He was the guy who nursed me into UKGPL many many years ago and for any of you who know about my lack of computer savvy,,,it was a long and difficult birth!!! Plus he was the guy I was always trying to emulate in the early years and he was always too fast and too reliable.
The 55 GP cars in GPL are unique in having horrendous brake fade , which is supposed to mimic real life. I have no idea if the physics are anywhere near realistic, but it does not matter how you drive the cars you WILL have zero brakes at some point in a lap  Shocked It does kind of focus your mind on car management and where you allow the brakes to recover.....all good fun until you hurtle towards the scenery instead of slowing to sweep through Eau Rouge Undecided.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2018, 05:55:31 PM +0100 »

Result_Race1

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2018, 07:44:08 PM +0100 »

Clive, a little advice, it s better you use manual H shift. I use it and I never wrong gear, second point with H shift I choice the times to change gear, it mean that the gear go input on the moment which I want. When I used paddles not was precise how H shifter.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 12:27:44 AM +0100 »

Race 1:
Picked the Imp for this. Qual 3rd and retained the position at the start. Up ahead, Ziu & Clive quickly disappeared in their Anglias.  Behind me was Bob in a Mini, which was bad news. His consistency is the stuff of legends, and with the Mini being quicker (for me anyway), I could afford no mistakes.  After a few laps, I happened upon and passed a recovering Clive.  He easily retook the position on the following straight, and then proceeded to be very much in the way through the next corners.  That slowed me and brought Bob closer - absolutely not what I needed Shocked   Thankfully Clive then scurried off, leaving me to concentrate on staying ahead of Bob till the finish. Grats to Ziu & Clive for 1 & 2 respectively.

Race 2:
Mini for this and again 3rd on grid.  After the first corners, Dan put his Anglia alongside, and I had to give room, inadvertently letting an opportunistic Clive slip through too. Next lap Dan rolled his car, advancing both Clive & me a position.  After 3 years of Clive's griping about his inability to drive fwd cars, losing out to him in one simply wasn't an option - I HAD to get past  Wink   A sideways move into Brooklands accomplished that; now I just had to stay there.  Midrace came upon a recovering Ziu in the same place and passed him. Stayed ahead for 1 lap, before he retook the position in the same place. With Dom in his Anglia, we were 4 cars fighting for that 2/3 place.  Dom replaced Clive behind me, and despite driving my wheelnuts off, I couldn't prevent him from slowly but inexorably inching closer in his quicker car.  Late in the race, with wear of my front tyres starting to make itself felt, there was nothing I could do to prevent him from passing and staying in front.  Grats to him and the rest of the podium.

Race 3:
Geoffers screwing his one hotlap up in qual placed me on an unlikely pole.  Ok start saw me retain the position, but as I was basking in the glory of leading the race, and seemingly moving away from the rest of the field, I had to remind myself that Geoffers had 16 laps to catch up. 16 laps ? HA!  Try 1!!  That was all he needed to slice through the rest of the field and show up in my mirrors.  Being much quicker, he was soon past and disappearing.  Rest of the field quite far behind, so rest of the race was lonely and uneventful.  Grats to Geoffers for a win that was never in question, and to Ziu for filling the podium.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2018, 02:34:58 PM +0100 »

Clive, a little advice, it s better you use manual H shift. I use it and I never wrong gear, second point with H shift I choice the times to change gear, it mean that the gear go input on the moment which I want. When I used paddles not was precise how H shifter.

I have been thinking that I should move to a full "H" shifter for some time, so maybe now is the time to try it. Watch out for various cars heading for the open countryside........................... Roll Eyes Shocked

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2018, 04:51:47 PM +0100 »

I have been thinking that I should move to a full "H" shifter for some time, so maybe now is the time to try it. Watch out for various cars heading for the open countryside........................... Roll Eyes Shocked
We always do Clive, we always do  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2018, 06:18:28 PM +0100 »

OK!!  so my first trip into the countryside...….

Switched the G25 shifter to "H" pattern and tried to assign the gears in the GTL setup menu. Assigned "Clutch" to Clutch pedal. Assigned 1st gear, 2nd gear 3rd gear etc. until I got to "assign key for Neutral"... Huh Hmmm but Neutral is like the default position for the gearstick? maybe I don't need to do anything here.....I am an eternal optimist  Roll Eyes.

Right, jump into GTL and car appears in pits.
Gear indicator shows "0" so we are in Neutral.  Cheesy
 Depress Clutch pedal, Select 1st and car leaps forward ....clutch pedal is having no effect?? Undecided

Move gearstick to "Neutral " position ...there is no Neutral!!   Embarrassed
Drive the car out of pits anyway as we are at least moving.

I can go up through the gearbox and back down again...but I cannot actually come to halt without killing the engine Undecided

Question. When it asks me to "Assign key for Neutral" should I just hit the "Enter" key?

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 12:10:53 PM +0100 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2018, 12:17:42 PM +0100 »

Had a great start in the Imp and passed four cars in front of me. Narrowly avoided the slow spin of Geoffers at Becketts and set off after Bob's Mini, who had powered by me a bit earlier. Spent many laps trying to reduce the gap to Bob but to no avail. Then had an epic battle with Dom in his Imp who was a little quicker on the straights than me. He eventually pulled out a small lead and he too then set of after Bob. I was able to re-take Dom when he had a two wheel moment at Becketts. It wasn't long before Dom caught up with me and we then had another battle which Dom won and held on to up to the flag.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com