by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:56:57 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L18LCMT Le Mans: May 14, 2018
May 14, 2018, 08:41:50 PM +0100 - Le Mans (Sarthe (1979-86)) - UKGTL Season 18 Lawrence Clemo Memorial Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#1) GTC-TC-76 2 +3.909
142.623mph
1 45:00.202
135.804mph
12 3:34.766
142.286mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#55) GTC-TC-76 2 +1:56.763
130.175mph
12 3:39.994
138.905mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 7 +30.567
126.841mph
3 +2:35.562
128.406mph
12 3:54.923
130.078mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 6 +26.725
128.897mph
4 +1L
123.805mph
11 3:58.008
128.392mph
Goodyear  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 8 +36.148
123.969mph
5 +41.441
121.944mph
11 4:03.750
125.367mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 3 +10.202
138.553mph
6 +10L 2 3:45.280
135.645mph
suspension
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 1 3:30.350
145.273mph
+12L 0 ---
---
suspension
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 4 +12.006
137.429mph
0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 5 +20.512
132.366mph
0 ---
---
suspension
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
3:30.350
145.273mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Ford Capri TurboMay 14, 2018, 08:41:50 PM +0100
L18LCMT
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
3:34.766
142.286mph
Erling G-P
Race
Ford Capri TurboMay 14, 2018, 08:41:50 PM +0100
L18LCMT
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 18 Lawrence Clemo Memorial Trophy - Le Mans - May 14  (Read 2697 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2017, 12:08:52 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (12 laps)

Track: Le Mans '79 Download this

Cars allowed: Ford Capri Mk3 Turbo Download this

Only the following cars are to be selected. CLASS A DIV 1 '81, CLASS B DIV 2 '81.

NOTE: Drivers of CLASS B DIV 2 cars do not have to make a pit stop unless they want to. Drivers of CLASS A DIV 1 cars must make two pit stops. One must be for fuel only. One must be for a full set of tyres only.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: x2
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Do not attempt to repair damage in the pits. Your car will leave in a worse condition then when it arrived.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 02:04:31 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 09:07:32 AM +0100 »

I was doing some testing last night in the Div 1 car. I noticed that when the leaving the pit box, although I turned the limiter on, it seemed to de-activate itself when driving away. Best to make a note of the pit speed limit and keep below this until definately back on the race track.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 06:38:43 PM +0100 »

Beware all drivers:  I think I am going to use the Div 1 car for this one time event.  Used the Div 2 cars last season so need a change for grins.  Got a pretty docile setup worked out and may be able to do 12 laps.  Might start at the back because I'm not very good at starts in these bombs, don't want to take anyone out and these cars are not repairable.....

GLA
Bob M.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 08:58:02 PM +0100 »

Really sorry to spoil you race Bob. My screen went black then came back on. I guess I must have frozen mid track  Angry
It happened again just as I was coming out of the final chicane to start lap 4, and when it came back on I was in the wooden
fence with no engine. Something has always gone wrong for me when using VLM tracks, I always avoided using them in P&G
because people complained about poor frame rate etc. I think my Graph card cooked itself.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 09:07:13 PM +0100 »

What can I say!  So sorry to Geoff for the hit.  I scrapped the wall going down the main straight dodging a lagging car .  Got back up to speed and the car felt fine in a straight line and also the first right hander after the long straight, seemed OK following you but the next turn were I braked and turned lost control, the car just went were it wanted, right at you.  Again sorry my fault, should have retired after I scrapped the wall knowing how these cars are very damage prone.  

Bob M.  
Matt:
Didn't know it was you Matt.  Not a problem for me because I had low expectations with this race anyway.  Too bad Geoffers got caught up in  my mistake as I should have left right away.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:17:22 PM +0100 by Bob M. » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 09:49:26 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 10:33:01 PM +0100 »

No worries Bob, it was one of those evenings.

Got some practice in on Sunday & was turning regular laps around 3.44-3.45 in the Div2 car. Could not get near that in practice tonight & then messed up all my qually laps, twice at the final chicane!  Tongue

Anyway grats to the podium.  clap clap clap

Away again next week, so cya all at Nurburgring in 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:37:02 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 10:11:48 AM +0100 »

Hmmmmm, these cars again  Undecided I hope that Laurie would have enjoyed these beasts and the insanity they provide.

Absolutely no practice and only realised that there was a race at the last moment ( a senior moment??). Logged on to server expecting to see the Le Mans circuit for SROU .....but I was stumped when it said Anglesy!!??
Maybe I had read the race post incorrectly?? that would not be the first time  Roll Eyes So tried to join the race, whatever it might be, but "circuit not available" came up.
Back ro read the race post...definitely the right date and race....maybe the circuit has been changed? although turbo Capris around Anglesy sounded particularly sadistic! Downloaded Anglesey and tried again  "circuit not available" Huh

Then the penny dropped, I needed the correct Le Mans circuit so managed to select and download the wrong version  Sad. Eventually discovered my mistake(s) and got the right track version to join the fun with just a few moments of practice left.
Grabbed a setup from my excursions at Yas Marina (?) and hoped it would work, lengthened 4th and 5th gears to max and went to find out what the track was like.
Expecting to find chicanes on the Mulsanne I was backing off on the first lap lol., but someone had tarmacked over them.
Not too bothered by quali times, more concerned with learning how to make the darned thing go around corners without killing me!!
Gradually eased into the race, but the early discos promoted me up the field to 3rd. Fuel was going to be OK but tyres would need careful treatment to last until the flag.
Div 1 cars were taking 10 secs a lap out of me on the Mulsanne alone, so there was no contest there. In fact in the early laps other Div 2 cars were taking 4-5 secs out of my time just on the straight?? maybe my pedals are not giving me max power?? But, provided that I concentrated I could recover that around the twistier bits.
After the first few laps life got lonely, until Tony made his pitstops and briefly I was up to 2nd, but it was inevitable that he would catch and pass me before the end ifhe made no mistakes.
Rolled in 3rd in a diminished field but quite enjoyed the cars and track and was getting more confident as the race progressed. Still not brave enough to take a Div 1 projectile  Huh

Grats to Erling and Tony and all those who made it to the finish. Commiserations to those who had problems.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:13:52 AM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 12:23:31 PM +0100 »

Love this version of the track - even in these cars  Roll Eyes
One short moment of carelessness led to an off at "Virage Porsche" in lap two.
I think I lost my front splitter and slightly damaged suspension and/or stearing but could go on without loosing much pace
but with some strange behaviour especially in right-hand bends. Sorry Bill for the bumper caused by that strange behaviour!
Due to the missing splitter I had some funny jumps at the jumping hill just before Mulsanne.
Unfortunately I could not manage a backwards roll like Peter Dumbreck did back in 1999  Grin
Get used to the damaged car more and more and felt lucky to finish.

Thanks again for organizing!

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 01:15:48 PM +0100 »

Yay, return of the turbo monsters, and on a proper Le Mans without sissy chicanes no less!!  Smiley

Tony set up a very interesting handicap, with the two pitstops for Div 1.  Really didn't have time, but somehow had to find enough to do a complete race sim test in both classes, to see which would be fastest.  Tyre wear was bad for a no-stopper in Div 2, but still manageable.  Fuel was critical however - in my test, I ran out in front of the pits after completing the 12 laps!  When the Div 1 test proved to be 1 minute quicker, including the pitstops, it became the natural pick for me.  The tyre wear was much less, due to the forced change, but more tricky, since the Div 1 car ate the rears twice as fast as the fronts, whereas the Div 2 was more evenly balanced.  Add to that a low-drag configuration of the wings, and handling became interesting as the laps piled on..  Smiley

Let go of the gas too quickly at the start, and bogged down more than necessary, but still retained 2nd.  Ziu wrecked his car in the Ford chicanes, handing me the lead for free.  The first lap mayhem behind me had created a huge gap already, so rest of the race was completely lonely, except for catching Bill & Kurt late in the race.  Sorry for the clumsy passing attempt at the end of Mulsanne Kurt; unusual line coupled with tyre wear made the rear end get away from me.

A joy to drive these cars again, especially on this track, but sad to see such high attrition.  Grats to Tony & Clive for filling the podium, and Bill & Kurt for bringing it home.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 03:44:38 PM +0100 »

@ Erling, you see that's my big problem. I can design races but there based on the times that I can do. In my world it would have been a much closer finish between the classes but I couldn't simulate what mad danish aliens could do.
With so many leaving, so early in the race, it turned into bit of a yawn fest I'm afraid. Glad Erling liked it though as it was a comment about these cars being a blast on a decent track that nudged me into creating this event so not all bad.
@ Clive, hope you enjoyed my fireball in qualy. No fault of yours; I mistook the turn where I crashed as being a slight right hander and not the tight right hander  Roll Eyes

Thanks to everyone who turned out  I Am Not Worthy

I'm thinking of running a series in Season 20 with maybe a slower Div (one with a few more skins preferably) using some classic '79 circuits (non-Hermann).

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 06:26:38 PM +0100 »

Love this version of the track - even in these cars  Roll Eyes
One short moment of carelessness led to an off at "Virage Porsche" in lap two.
I think I lost my front splitter and slightly damaged suspension and/or stearing but could go on without loosing much pace
but with some strange behaviour especially in right-hand bends. Sorry Bill for the bumper caused by that strange behaviour!
Due to the missing splitter I had some funny jumps at the jumping hill just before Mulsanne.
Unfortunately I could not manage a backwards roll like Peter Dumbreck did back in 1999  Grin
Get used to the damaged car more and more and felt lucky to finish.

Thanks again for organizing!r

The bump slowed me but luckily caused no damage to affect handling. In fact I set a number of PBs. On Saturday on my first out lap I had a number of bumps/rubs along the Armco and at the hump before the first gear right hander the car nose lifted and the car flew ( I thought it would do a backflip) but it made a tail first landing and I managed to brake and get around the corner.

I seem to remember a Merc (?) flew of the track and luckily landed the right way up in the trees. Obviously an aerodynamics problem and the track was modified to slow the cars down. Remember a motoring enthusiast Cheif Constable (Northampton ?) turned a blind eye to Le Mans cars doing early morning flat out runs on the M1 prior to race.

More, more high speed tracks Tony - the 10 km Monza track with its banking should be fun!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 06:27:27 PM +0100 »

Oh! that was you was it Tony.Huh

That sort of thing can unnerve a delicate soul like me you know! Shocked   I wonder how I managed to compose myself and join the race  Roll Eyes

My ribs are still aching laugh

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 07:14:34 PM +0100 »

More, more high speed tracks Tony - the 10 km Monza track with its banking should be fun!
You only have to ask Bill. The next Fifties Enduro is at Monza (June 4th) but not the banked layout. I can change it if I get enough positive feedback.

Please reply here https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=14697.msg272588#msg272588
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:25:25 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 07:26:47 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com