The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:02:10 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A9 Silverstone: February 07, 2018
February 07, 2018, 06:26:10 PM +0000 - Silverstone (GP 1952-73) - UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Felix Simoes

Porsche 962C Group C 1 1:15.418
---
1 40:03.538
---
31 1:16.640
---
Dunlop  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C 3 +0.510
---
2 +9.590
---
31 1:16.944
---
Dunlop  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C 4 +0.637
---
3 +11.667
---
31 1:16.867
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 6 +0.732
---
4 +13.688
---
31 1:17.060
---
Dunlop  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 2 +0.508
---
5 +15.997
---
31 1:16.990
---
Dunlop  
Jeffrey

Porsche 962C Group C 5 +0.723
---
6 +35.048
---
31 1:17.585
---
Dunlop  
ChrisR

Porsche 962C Group C 7 +0.759
---
7 +38.962
---
31 1:17.358
---
Dunlop  
Baikal

Porsche 962C Group C 11 +1.628
---
8 +53.732
---
31 1:17.921
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 10 +1.592
---
9 +54.158
---
31 1:17.856
---
Dunlop  
PorcoRosso86
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 8 +0.869
---
10 +1:05.535
---
31 1:17.556
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Wiesel

Porsche 962C Group C 9 +1.315
---
11 +1:11.987
---
31 1:17.797
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 962C Group C 14 +3.019
---
12 +1L
---
30 1:18.806
---
Dunlop  
Ceolmor

Porsche 962C Group C 12 +1.769
---
13 +25.886
---
30 1:18.098
---
Dunlop  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 15 +6.414
---
14 +3L
---
28 1:21.523
---
Dunlop  
Nuvolari87
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 13 +2.895
---
15 +4L
---
27 1:19.580
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Blackett

Porsche 962C Group C DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Bonni Massimo
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:15.418
---
Felix Simoes
Qualifying
Porsche 962CFebruary 07, 2018, 06:26:10 PM +0000
A9
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:16.640
---
Felix Simoes
Race
Porsche 962CFebruary 07, 2018, 06:26:10 PM +0000
A9
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962 - Silverstone - Feb 7  (Read 3359 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 11:42:22 PM +0000 »

it felt superb to be racing someone evenly matched so hard in these cars and I felt 'in the car' in places  Cool

Buy a Rift, The first race I did when I borrowed my mates ended with me trying to open the car door Grin.
I've since bought one and can confirm after a race of trying to chase down Maikel enough to pass him that it's still as good!
The move on Fabi was certainly easier as I was able to keep track of him better, despite being limited to the cars' real mirrors.

Gutted to be 4th again, but happy to have found another car I'm good enough at to be able to be gutted about being 4th Wink
Great race again, well done to Felix and all who finish behind him!
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2018, 12:28:48 AM +0000 »

Short race moments- lucky start, 2-nd gear mistake, celebrating finish  Shocked Cheesy after passed last tricky Stowe conner and whole race hard and nervous chasing from Mark J   Smiley Thank you for battle, Mark!  Smiley
In this race i've lost a lot of time and concentration when pass laped guys due combo specific. New guys was unknown for me this moments, but all was finished ok  Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udpfSUR2hLs&feature=youtu.be

This combos is impossible to drive fast using paddles, loosing a lot of time in Kunos scrypted paddles using in such cars,  but as is  Undecided
Anyway i have a big fun driving with you guys! Congrats Felix and podium!

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2018, 12:31:47 AM +0000 »

My result was really unexpected this time.

With Gavino's setup my car was much better than that I was driving yesterday and I dropped immediately 7 tenths on my previous race best lap. The same was for qualif.
My start was great and I immediately took the lead for the first 3 or 4 laps, trying to resist to the attack of Felix that was clearly faster in race trim. At the last corner he passed me with an unexpected manouvre that caught me by surprise, cause I stupidly leaved him too much space to take the inside line. My classic chicken move  Grin
In the meantime Maikel joined the party and we spent at least 3 laps battling each other, but I was able to keep my position and after a small mistake by him, I was more confident in my car and laptimes were getting better, so my advantage on him increased a bit.
Some laps later I had a 'misunderstanding' with a lapped driver that was really slow at the last corner and I had to throw myself into the grass to avoid any inconvenience. My advantage on Maikel dropped again down the 2 seconds, but I was able to manage it until the end, when Maikel was pushing a lot to try a desperate last assault followed by the steadfast FMG, always on his back during all the race.
Hats off to Felix for another deserved victory and to Maikel for his third place.
Hope to be able to race at Kyalami, football permitting  Grin

See you chaps Wink

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2018, 08:09:18 AM +0000 »

Does anyone know why at Silverstone sTracker and RSR LiveTiming both say I have Automatic throttle blip & cut ON, when I have it switched OFF and am driving manual H shifter with clutch?  It doesn't feel like it is on.  This didn't happen at Monza.  Any ideas would be appreciated. 

(Also, why does it say everyone has automatic clutch ON?)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2018, 08:34:52 AM +0000 »

Does anyone know why at Silverstone sTracker and RSR LiveTiming both say I have Automatic throttle blip & cut ON, when I have it switched OFF and am driving manual H shifter with clutch?  It doesn't feel like it is on.  This didn't happen at Monza.  Any ideas would be appreciated. 

(Also, why does it say everyone has automatic clutch ON?)

Stracker bug.
Thomas Wiesel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2018, 09:42:01 AM +0000 »

Congrats to the podium. Again a really fast pace  Cool
Stupid me ignored the hard tires. The „strategy“ therefore was senseless.
Start was good, but in race trim I was too slow. I managed to follow the leading group some laps. Even on meds I was not able to be faster than all on hard tires  Cheesy

The tires were worn and I also had problems at the pit entry. I hit somebody as I drove a weired line to the pit. Sorry for that  Undecided

I should focus more on hard tires.

Anyway, it was a fun race, looking forward to Kyalami.
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 11:54:37 AM +0000 »

Well that went better then expected actually.

Qualified 4th and knew I probably couldnt keep up with the first few. Noticed I was standing on the outside for T1 while 5 and 6 were standing on my inside. Had a bad start with too much wheelspin so my hopes for a podium were going down fast. But at t1 everyone was taking the inside lin very easy and slow so I could just drive around to out side to p3  Grin

I could kinda keep up with a battling Matteo and Felix and they went 2 wide in the last corner at one point so I tried to make a sneaky move at t1 to pass both of them. Would've been great if it worked but Felix saw it coming and defended it nicely. After that I couldn't keep uo with Matteo and had fmg breathing down my neck. Though last 10 minutes or so the car finally clicked and I started doing some good laps. Still happy with a 3rd here.  Grin
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 01:10:49 PM +0000 »

I had a bit of a clumsy first half with miss shifts and wobbles. Found myself alone halfway through the race, so had another uneventful race.

Was I the only one who shifted straight from 5th into 3rd during braking? When I was spectating others it seemed that way, or some are the fastest heel toe-ers in the world  Tongue.

Going to try to see what my pace is with paddles, as I'm not sure what the cause of  lack of pace is.

With Gavino's setup my car was much better than that I was driving yesterday and I dropped immediately 7 tenths on my previous race best lap.

Dear Santa,

I'd like my very own Gavino for Easter please.

Thanks  Kiss
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 01:35:47 PM +0000 »

I use 5-3 too.

A bit grey race for me, but we have a lot of pilots with same lap-times, so every time hard races.
Felix Simoes

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2018, 02:15:01 PM +0000 »

Another good race for me Smiley

I tried my best launch from standing position at start, but it was not enough to beat Matteo. So by T1 I was down in second. I was confident I was faster so I didn't panic and just let the tires settle before trying to attack first position. When I got into my normal pace it was easy to get to Matteo, but the problem then was trying to be close enough to attack him without bumping into his car. I could carry much more speed into the corners and at one point I almost hit him. Luckily Matteo went a bit wide and the contact was minor. I don't know if the wide line was on purpose to avoid contact or not, but I'm glad it worked out Smiley

Then I could get his side breaking to the last corner and I got the first place back. But sneaky Maikel almost took advantage of this fight. I saw it in time to just move to the right enough to not give him space.

After that the race was pretty uneventful and I had no pressure till the end.

It's never enough to thank SROUK for organising this races, so Thank You guys  Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2018, 05:35:47 PM +0000 »

Was I the only one who shifted straight from 5th into 3rd during braking? When I was spectating others it seemed that way, or some are the fastest heel toe-ers in the world  Tongue.

Depends on car and track, with the 962's I'm working down the box as it helps to gently unsettle the car at turn-in. Until I get the H+T wrong at least Grin
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 06:19:44 PM +0000 »

Going to try to see what my pace is with paddles, as I'm not sure what the cause of  lack of pace is.

Jeff, it's in car physics ( drivetrain.ini):
[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=220
CHANGE_DN_TIME=240
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=220

When you'll use paddles you get 0,22 sec "neutral gear" pause in every upshift  Wink
Downshifts is not so important here due braking.
I know that cheaters knows how to disable this pause with paddles ( using 3-party soft and "exclusive shifter" configuration in game. But it's not my way.
Using true H-shifter in these cars you can upshift more and more quicker simple using superfast hand movement. This time pauses is not implemented when you are using  H-Shifter. Its depends only from your hand speed )))  Look at Felix upshifts in stracker telemetry- you will see no speed drop in upshifts. I have it due Kunos builded  algorithm. It's known thing and Aris was explayned it in AC forum.  Smiley But anyway you will be faster than me in paddles due your better skill and health  Wink  Grin
PS Anyway it will be interesting to see you investigation  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:28:14 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 08:42:10 PM +0000 »

Was I the only one who shifted straight from 5th into 3rd during braking? When I was spectating others it seemed that way, or some are the fastest heel toe-ers in the world  Tongue.
Never tried to downshift from 5th to 3rd with the 962 yet and I don't use clutch pedal for downshifting, as everybody with the H shifter I guess. Last time I did a double downshift was with my Alfa 147 in real life, but in that case I used the clutch. Now I drive only automatic transmission cars since 4 years and I miss the clutch pedal only when I'm driving outside Rome. God bless whoever invented it  Grin

With Gavino's setup my car was much better than that I was driving yesterday and I dropped immediately 7 tenths on my previous race best lap.

Dear Santa,

I'd like my very own Gavino for Easter please.

Thanks  Kiss

Grin Grin

Like most of the Sardinians he is not very tall but I guess that you'll need a pretty big egg to contain him  Cheesy

Jokes apart, in most of the races in which I had a good result there's always his hand in it. In Assetto Corsa setup tweaks are much more important than in GTR2/P&G, but that is always been my main limit. I need some help to be competitive with the leading group, and as he commented my race yesterday: "Team work always win"  Wink

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com