The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 10:38:11 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Logitech G29 and pedals/shifter - sale  (Read 757 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2017, 12:54:19 PM +0000 »

Currys have reduced the price to £149 in January sales if any of you guys were looking to update/buy a new wheel/pedals combo. Advert says it was £229 so quite a saving.

I'm hoping Fanatec do a sale so I can get a swanky top end wheel instead of their normal bonkers pricing. My CSW elite has been an awesome wheel for last 3 years so can only imagine how good the higher end one is.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 09:13:02 PM +0000 »

Thought i saw a Logitech Wheel featured in one of their adverts on TV!

Didnt Fanatec do something through December? Some sort of advent calendar with a different product featured each day?

I need to look into a new set of pedals once my old G27 pedals die, but just looking for the basic ones. the expensive ones with hydrauilic this and loadcell that just dont suit me or my desk and carpet.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 10:49:44 AM +0000 »

Mmm indeed. I am looking for a pedal upgrade too, so was sourcing for the Thrustmaster t3pa with 3 pedals. But now i see the CSL Elite basic 2 pedal set is at the same price level.

The additional clutch pedal of the T3PA seems a good feature, but now i am not so sure anymore. Anyone can compare those two sets?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 07:14:51 PM +0000 »

Yes, i was looking at the CSL elite pedals too.

I think i might have tried out the T3PA pedals last year, i seem to remember buying them as they had a Xmas discount. Didnt think much of the pedals, not much different from the two pedal set. Only bought it for the conical brake mod but didnt think much of it or be able to adjust it in anyway. The rubber cone was too stiff and putting more force on it to compress it would tip the pedals over on my carpet floor.

Not realistic but prefered the standard softer springs giving greater pedal movement and the ability to modulate it better.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 11:40:23 PM +0000 »

i am always keeping my eye on ebay for a cheap set of Fanatec pedals with a loadcell brake pedal, I don't really want to shell out loads for a loadcell pedal without trying it out incase I don't get on with it. (I am using a G27 with a GTeye progressive brake spring at the moment)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com