The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 04:02:28 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A9 Mugello: January 10, 2018
January 10, 2018, 06:23:37 PM +0000 - Mugello (GP) - UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Felix Simoes

Porsche 962C Group C 1 1:41.247
---
1 40:01.313
---
23 1:43.089
---
Dunlop  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 4 +0.400
---
2 +2.986
---
23 1:43.390
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 6 +0.677
---
3 +4.406
---
23 1:43.625
---
Dunlop  
Jeffrey

Porsche 962C Group C 5 +0.418
---
4 +9.213
---
23 1:43.380
---
Dunlop  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C 2 +0.190
---
5 +9.319
---
23 1:42.699
---
Dunlop  
Baikal

Porsche 962C Group C 8 +1.612
---
6 +1:13.166
---
23 1:44.705
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche 962C Group C 12 +2.938
---
7 +1:31.192
---
23 1:45.905
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C 14 +4.414
---
8 +1:41.353
---
23 1:45.892
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 13 +3.993
---
9 +1:48.535
---
23 1:45.746
---
Dunlop  
Ceolmor

Porsche 962C Group C 11 +2.794
---
10 +1:50.274
---
23 1:46.518
---
Dunlop  
PorcoRosso86
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 9 +2.199
---
11 +1L
---
22 1:44.418
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 10 +2.472
---
12 +1:17.514
---
22 1:44.919
---
Dunlop  
Manteos

Porsche 962C Group C 3 +0.193
---
13 +6L
---
17 1:43.635
---
Dunlop  
Bonni Massimo
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C 7 +1.053
---
14 +21L
---
2 1:49.337
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 15 +7.300
---
15 +22L
---
1 2:03.217
---
Dunlop  
ChrisR

Porsche 962C Group C DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Blackett

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:41.247
---
Felix Simoes
Qualifying
Porsche 962CJanuary 10, 2018, 06:23:37 PM +0000
A9
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:42.699
---
Maikel K.
Race
Porsche 962CJanuary 10, 2018, 06:23:37 PM +0000
A9
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962 - Mugello - Jan 10  (Read 5109 times)
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2018, 09:51:38 PM +0000 »

One word: gutted.... like a pork on a spit  Tongue

Great race though but kinda ruined it when I made such a stupid mistake and ended up 5th Cry

I spent almost the entire first half of the race within half a second of Felix. I had my " Rüssel" right up his tail the first few laps, trying to work out where to attack.
Tricky to do but we had a few great door-to-"Kotlett" racing going on at the first turn. Our times were pretty much identical so it ended up who could make the fewest mistakes. Saw a couple of wobbles on Felix's car and had quite a few times that the "Schwanz" was sliding all over the place myself, but still no real mistakes to which I could overtake. Then around the 10 minute mark I almost had him at T1 so after that I was on him like a pig chasing his prey..... Huh
Though I completely screwed that up at the fast uphill righthander where I just hit the grass on the first part so the car wouldn't steer and it just went straight into the gravel  Cry

Bit of an anticlimax but overal a great race. Looking forward to the rest of them. Shame I squandered a few points here tonight though.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2018, 10:19:10 PM +0000 »

What a disaster, didn't have enough fuel and had to pit and dropped a load of places at the end. But something  is wrong with the standings, I re-overtook Spanner and Colmeor on the last lap  Huh I should be 9th or 10th. (don't know where fabri was in relation to me at end).

Spent the whole race in 6th with a big gap to the cars ahead and those behind so it was pretty boring on the most part though I was very happy to be in 6th for this round.
Then with 3 laps to go my fuel was looking desperate so I had to pit for a splash and dash but for whatever reason it wouldn't let me pit or acccess the put menu  Angry so I had to hit 'escape to pit' and it gave me a bloody 20 second hold penalty. I was fuming as several cars shot past and I rejoined behind two of the leaders.
I let Felix past but then he fell off and I shot past again, I wanted to get out the way but not lose time as I could see two of my position opponents ahead. I let Felix past on the sf straight but he then braked much earlier than I expected so I again had no choice but to go ahead on the inside or risk contact (sorry Felix).
My focus was purely on catching spanner and Colmeor ahead and after stalking their battling cars I got past with a couple of good overtakes to regain a couple of important places. The last 3 laps were the most exciting of the race for me!
Can't understand why my fuel calc was so out  Huh Nor why the standings put me back behind the two I overtook? No way was I a lap down on the few that past me in the pits and I rejoined behind them on track as I could see them ahead as Felix was closing to lap them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:39:57 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2018, 10:35:19 PM +0000 »

Not a good start at all.

At the first corner I realized that the base of my stick shift was not well anchored at the desk and was falling down Cry Cry
I struggled all the first lap to return the shift in a decent position and I tried to tighten it again on the straight but I was almost killing me and fmg, so I decided to park my car on the grass and replace the shift, but after a mishift my gearbox suffered very bad damages and turned immediately orange.

1 minute lost  hang

After I summoned with kind words all the saints of the calendar I tried a desperate come back. Was quite successful but, mishift after mishift, I finally ended up in braking the gearbox.
Race over.

The race of Massimo was similar but shorter. He did only one mishift but I guess he didn't notice that he was destroying the gearbox with that VR thing on his head. He said that he had no warnings by the game and he didn't realized how that happened. Remains the fact that it happened, so race over at the first laps.

Great first race for the VDA. I was searching an adage to sum up our race and I think this is perfect: 'The first step is half the journey.'

Grats to Felix, Fabri and fmg Wink

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2018, 11:34:38 PM +0000 »

What an utterly epic race Cool

I was hoping that any short-falls in my setup would be over-come by the slight practice advantage I probably had over the field (According to my odometer app, which had 0 miles on it for the Porsche before this season - I had done roughly 1500 miles while practising and setting my car up at Mugello as I was enjoying it so much whistling ).

That combined with how the Rift seemed to be allowing me to plot my route through corners so much better, meant I had a legitimate front-of-grid pace as soon as the race got underway.
I actually thought I'd lost a spot off the line as I had too much wheelspin - Helicorsa showed the car next to me slowly coming level and moving up past me, confirmed by the Mk2 eyeball once it appeared around my door.
Then at T1 the pack moved in my favour (finally!) and I found myself not only taking my spot back but getting alongside the Marlbro car (Jeffery I think?).
The sensation while fighting side by side was awesome, and continued afterwards as I was instantly able to attack Manteos while also having to keep track of Jeffers - who was just far enough behind to be invisible on Helicorsa and required searches of the mirrors to find Cool

Once past Manteos when he pulled off to make repairs I pressured Fabri as hard as I could as Jeffery was in turn pressuring me. This seemed to give me a boost into a 'higher gear' as my laptimes improved into the 1:43's regularly, which allowed me to get right onto Fabri's rear wing and also to drop Jeffery a bit - giving me a chance to breath again.

The fight with Fabri was more a war of attrition. One lap I'd get closer, the next he'd pull back ahead again - then I finally got into a position entering the S/F straight and got a run on him.
I knew from the race so far I could easily out brake him if I could get even slightly alongside so it was looking good for what was by then 3rd.
Then the one and only VR fail of the race struck. I knocked the car out of 5th just as I was starting to draft up behind Fabri because I momentarily thought my gearstick was where the Porsches' was!
I think that lost me nearly a second and took several laps to close again - I think Fabri had a wake-up-call of his own as he never allowed me to close in the critical areas again after that.

About 15 mins before the end of the race I ran wide onto the grass/gravel while pushing even harder in an attempt to close the gap again to a passing opportunity - I dropped 2 or 3 seconds as a result and suddenly found Jeffers appearing in my mirrors again.

I soldiered on for a bit with a few mistakes caused by my car balance shifting with the lowering fuel weight and as a result stayed pretty static - after a few laps of fiddling with settings (working by Braille as I obviously couldn't see my gear stick!) I found something that was - if anything - even nicer than my starting setup.
Another lap to get to grips and I decided it was solid enough to really push with - so I did Grin
Instantly I dropped back into the 1:43's. I think I did my fastest lap in this state as I was suddenly able to feel the car so well I could 4 wheel drift almost everything (it felt like the Bellof video at Spa looks). I think this took Fabri completely by supprise, the first flying lap I did knocked a second out of his lead - the next lap was still over half a second as he started to respond.
I don't think I ever stopped closing until the flag dropped, but he had done enough to stop me from catching him in time Smiley

A fantastic fight, well done to Felix for taking it home, and Fabri for claiming 2nd.
Equally well done to all who made it to the finish. The replay's gonna be a looker from tonight angel
Bad luck to Maikel for hamming it up Wink
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2018, 06:56:31 AM +0000 »

Many of you probably realised that i was just sat in pits this race.

I have managed to secure a gpu but its only a 560ti until i get mine back.. so it wasnt up to the job of running ac and i would of had to mes about changing monitors.. all of which i didnt have time to do.. between sorting my luggage out (flying to singapore, currently sat in the airport waiting for my full english to arrive) and the mrs screaming at me i managed to sneak away and watch the race from within ac.. and what a fantastic race it was Smiley

Im going to miss next race but i will be back for round 3 and trying to claw some well needed points!

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2018, 07:03:56 AM +0000 »

Wow Wow guys! I see it was so dramatic race for all pilots , especially in leaders part. Cool and dramatic.
I got same dramatic but very fun race too. Dam'n- i woken up in 10 minutes to qualy. I hate my alarm clock in deepest night  Grin
So, qualy was ok for me- 8 start place - it must to be so ( looking to our aliens team laptimes  Smiley
After start in 1st lap i was good in saving position but dangerous mistake of Ceolmor , who returned to track from the sliping on the cerb  and hit my car set me out to gravel and set my position to last  Cheesy.
Ok. I have no question to Ceolmore because it's brings to me a chance to have a good race and battles from last place. But my front was 24 points of damage..
There are many things happend in race to me . In final i have 6 place and good chance to battle with Mark J ( my strategic opponent ) next rounds. Wink
Congratulation  Felix, Fabri and FMG!  Very cool race and combo. I love Mugello a lot!
Here is my onboard .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCciDk-903g
Main things in short:
0. Cool start. Thanks to all pilots for patience and skill .
0.43 Risky Massimo passing. MissShifts?
0.54. Time to walk to the gravel for last pos  Grin
3.00 Why PorkoRosso86 let me pass him?
8.48 Beginning 1st battle with Ceomor. Was fun, thanks! True spirit of great Mugello begins! carRadar app small bug was fixed but still exist!
11.09  1 sec of slipstream is magic!  Grin
18.30 approaching to "sweet 3 friends group"  Wink I love you guys!  Smiley
19.32 Shit happens with me. Mark was slip in exit, i am begin to attack. I am breaking hardly in curb ( Mark is not) . Result- car contact and grass. Sorry Mark- it's more my  mistake. I should be more calm here and overtake some later  Smiley
21.15  2nd battle with Ceomor begins. Was fun, thanks again! True spirit of great Mugello!
23.19 Mark mistake...  Sad
26.32 approaching to Peter
27.47 Bob mistake. Tyre wear...  Huh Pos 7.
34.21 Than passing Mark J who is eating coffee and sandwitch in pits    Roll Eyes
To finish in pos 6 after Maikel!  Shocked
Thanks guys for the race. See you are all in next tracks!  Smiley
Sorry for my Eng..

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:18:30 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:23 AM +0000 »

Was a bit dramatic for me, never tried the car before this week, no good feeling, don't like, don't understand..
anyway, qual 10, very far from the main positions.
Start, and maybe had much fear for my cold tyres. Stack bit long at Luco (try to stay far from the other cars), 2 tyres on grass and I lost many positions.
At materassi corner tried to avoid a car that made a spin, I slowing down too (we was in yellow flag), but somebody overtake me in full throttle on my right side and hit my car.
Next lap, same scene. Car over the track attempt a dangerous reentry and hit me hard, car destroyed.
That's why I decide to give the position, Baikal: I was damage and dangerous for your race.
Box, I changed every destroyed part and returned around 20 second from the last.
Passed the rest of the race to try understand this car.
Hope Monza, one of my prefered track give my a bit of luck next time!

Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2018, 09:05:30 AM +0000 »

Apart from a 'fun' LMP1 race, this was my first serious race with simracing.org.uk.  As I am one of the slower drivers here, I had a very good plan going into this race.  No mistakes on the first lap, drive conservatively throughout, keep it on the tarmac, let others fall off and gain a reasonable position.  Well it was a good plan ..........

First lap I miss a gear and have that awful moment when the car is grinding away in neutral and you are damaging your gearbox.  This caused me to go wide, loose control and spin back on track, hitting someone.  At the time I didn't know who, but now know it was Balkal.  Really sorry mate.

So now I'm hot lapping on my own near the back.  One or two drivers ahead go off, so the plan is sort of working.  Balkal catches me up.  We have a little clean tussle, but he is clearly faster so I don't mind him getting past.  I try to stick on his tail for a while but he has better acceleration and pulls away.  Then later I see he has gone off.  I get past him and then a little later we have a repeat of our earlier battle.

Hot lapping again, but then I am gaining on I think Bob who is a little way ahead.  My mind wanders to thinking how much fun these cars are, and I then immediately spin!  On my own again, but I catch up spanner in the last few laps.  Last lap I am all over him like a rash, but Crew Chief is telling me that the big orange car (MarkJ) that has caught up behind us is lapping us, so I try not to impede his progress and let him pass.  (Turns out according to sTracker that he is two laps down due to a very long pitstop, so he was only regaining a lap on us, not lapping.  I am going to have to have a stern word with my Crew Chief.)  Spanner is now a few yards ahead so he crosses the finish line before me.

Apart from the stupid errors on my part, this was a great race.  I don't think Mugello is best suited for these cars, but some of the other tracks are going to be awesome.  Thanks everyone and see you all in Italy.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:09:39 AM +0000 by Ceolmor » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2018, 09:24:49 AM +0000 »

How could I be two laps down? I pitted from 6th place with 3 laps remaining whilst something like 20 secs ahead of the chasing pack then only spent about 30 secs in the pit lane getting fuel Huh I saw Alex and few other go past down the sf straight and I rejoined with the two lead cars going past (hence the blue flags). The only cars that lapped me are those 2 leaders because of the stop, not the rest of the grid.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2018, 09:24:56 AM +0000 »

Looks like quite a lot had a fun race, unfortunatly, I wasn't one of them.
In practice I was doing mid 43's with race setup, but during the race I was nowhere. I just had no front end whatsoever.

Had a decent start, but going into 2nd gear I slipped a bit too much, so I couldn't gain anything. Heading into turn 2 I had 1 car right and fmg's nose on my left. At that time I didn't know who was on my left, so I cut my loss and steered away from the apex, giving room, but with hindsight that wasn't necessary, as at that time fmg backed off out of the move. It made me ran a bit wide and lose the position anyway Tongue. Not that it really mattered, as I didn't have the pace to keep him behind anyway.
I couldn't match the guys infront and there was a gap behind, so I was alone the whole race. Only the last 10 minutes Maikel tried to make smoked bacon, but luckily Felix backed off on the last lap (I assume) to prevent going for 1 more lap. Finished right infront of some loud oink oink sounds.

Can't understand why my fuel calc was so out  Huh

4 Or 5 people said before the race they were going for roughly 80 litres, so I can't understand why you were stubborn  Grin. I used 3,2 litres a lap and I calculated 23,2 laps, which I rounded up to 24 laps. That came to 77 litres of fuel and I always take 1 lap extra, because it doesn't matter anyway.

I don't think Mugello is best suited for these cars, but some of the other tracks are going to be awesome.  Thanks everyone and see you all in Italy.

Mugello was used during the 1985 World Sportcar Championship. I picked all the tracks that were used that year and had to substitute a few due to them not being available. I have no idea how Mugello has changed over the years tho.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2018, 09:26:22 AM +0000 »

How could I be two laps down? I pitted from 6th place with 3 laps remaining whilst something like 20 secs ahead of the chasing pack then only spent about 30 secs in the pit lane getting fuel Huh I saw Alex and few other go past down the sf straight and I rejoined with the two lead cars going past (hence the blue flags). The only cars that lapped me are those 2 leaders because of the stop, not the rest of the grid.

Does 'escape to pit' give you a penalty?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2018, 09:48:13 AM +0000 »

Yes a 20second hold penalty ..which feels like an eternity  Roll Eyes

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2018, 10:06:09 AM +0000 »

Yes a 20second hold penalty ..which feels like an eternity  Roll Eyes

Maybe the game doesn't count the lap you escaped on?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2018, 10:12:57 AM +0000 »

I was wondering that Jeff, maybe back to pits and start of same lap. If all you get is a 20 sec S&G then cross the line, escape to pits and repeat. Got to be quicker than doing a 105 sec lap.

Looking at the results I see you had a 271 sec lap MJ, that's more than 2x your normal laptime so yes you did drop a lot of time.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2018, 10:55:32 AM +0000 »

Oh for ffs   Cry what a waste of all that practise and race time  Roll Eyes why couldn’t I pit normally? The car just sat there with no option to do anything. I even tried forward and reversing to make sure it was in the correct pit markings but nothing happened.  Huh
How disappointing.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com