The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 12:29:52 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A9 Monza: January 24, 2018
January 24, 2018, 06:25:22 PM +0000 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Felix Simoes

Porsche 962C Group C 1 1:17.471
---
1 40:06.778
---
30 1:17.978
---
Dunlop  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C 3 +0.508
---
2 +9.536
---
30 1:19.029
---
Dunlop  
Jeffrey

Porsche 962C Group C 5 +0.582
---
3 +19.899
---
30 1:19.030
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 4 +0.553
---
4 +23.389
---
30 1:19.769
---
Dunlop  
PorcoRosso86
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 8 +0.678
---
5 +23.769
---
30 1:18.111
---
Dunlop  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C 7 +0.610
---
6 +27.569
---
30 1:18.949
---
Dunlop  
Ceolmor

Porsche 962C Group C 9 +0.972
---
7 +30.610
---
30 1:19.528
---
Dunlop  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 2 +0.461
---
8 +31.214
---
30 1:18.544
---
Dunlop  
Baikal

Porsche 962C Group C 10 +1.026
---
9 +33.507
---
30 1:19.287
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 12 +1.639
---
10 +1:01.321
---
30 1:19.802
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C 14 +3.742
---
11 +1L
---
29 1:20.886
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Wiesel

Porsche 962C Group C 6 +0.599
---
12 +57.301
---
29 1:18.668
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 962C Group C 11 +1.389
---
13 +2L
---
28 1:19.724
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 15 +3.908
---
14 +1:45.125
---
28 1:21.202
---
Dunlop  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 15 +3L
---
27 1:19.991
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 13 +2.159
---
16 +29L
---
1 1:34.760
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Blackett

Porsche 962C Group C DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
ChrisR

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Bonni Massimo
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:17.471
---
Felix Simoes
Qualifying
Porsche 962CJanuary 24, 2018, 06:25:22 PM +0000
A9
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:17.978
---
Felix Simoes
Race
Porsche 962CJanuary 24, 2018, 06:25:22 PM +0000
A9
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962 - Monza - Jan 24  (Read 4852 times)
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2018, 12:28:40 AM +0000 »

Felix, what god do you trust for to be so fast?  Grin Grats to the win!
Podium - you are a fire guys!  Smiley FMG- true strategy guru  Wink

Race moments in vid. Start, battles w Ceolmore and PorcoRosso86 acident. I have no words for describe it. Who is wrong here-i don't know  Smiley Epizode begins at 7.40.
Thanks all guys for the race. See you are all next round!
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_NJh7hNbw&feature=youtu.be

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 12:51:38 AM +0000 »

Felix, what god do you trust for to be so fast?  Grin Grats to the win!
Podium - you are a fire guys!  Smiley FMG- true strategy guru  Wink

Race moments in vid. Start, battles w Ceolmore and PorcoRosso86 acident. I have no words for describe it. Who is wrong here-i don't know  Smiley Epizode begins at 7.40.
Thanks all guys for the race. See you are all next round!
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_NJh7hNbw&feature=youtu.be

I don't want to start a controversy, for any problem is possible to report the accident, mods are there to solve these types of problem.
But maybe could help a video from other angles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI9CL4huvlw

So, sorry Baikal if you felt defrauded, but honestly I didn't nothing wrong.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:04:13 AM +0000 by PorcoRosso86 » Logged

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2018, 01:21:32 AM +0000 »

When pilots making a closest battle in front of you - they not see the third , who is approaching from far back using flatout. I have no time to recognize your jump from rear. But you seen all situation a long time from behind and had enough time to be less straight agressive here, imho. So sorry that it happens.   

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 01:29:03 AM +0000 »

When pilots making a closest battle in front of you - they not see the third , who is approaching from far back using flatout. I have no time to recognize your jump from rear. But you seen all situation a long time from behind and had enough time to be less straight agressive here, imho. So sorry that it happens.   

Yeah, I was a bit surprised of your less speed at curva della Roggia, maybe I needed to be less aggressive, but felt really safe (I thought that was enough space for you two) and the only free position of the track was there. At least no pilots injured  Grin Grin
And was a funny race for everybody  Cheesy

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2018, 06:21:54 AM +0000 »

Sorry for the no show, not able to attend last night due to health reasons. The joys of getting on in years!
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2018, 07:22:23 AM +0000 »

Yep, i could not make the race either. It's getting increasingly harder for me to attend wednesday races unfortunately.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
frex

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2018, 10:59:40 AM +0000 »

Hmm, I didn't even consider the fuel situation until I filled up for race start and realised I might not have enough to get to the end. Plus I can't ever recall doing a pit-stop in AC before. Nothing like being well prepared..

Got delayed at the start plus a slightly crumpled front end, when two cars touched ahead of me. But got going and set off after the pack. Eventually caught MJ and the fuel-saving FMG, and some fun was had. Scuppered myself yet again however by mis-shifting into the wrong gear at a couple of key moments. Honestly, you could set your watch by the regularity that I do this in races (yet never in practice). *sigh.

Firstly when I dived in front of Mark at the last corner, only to shift into 5th instead of 3rd which left me vulnerable again to the cars behind. This led to a 3-way side by side moment and a slight touch, but we all survived.. Second was when I mis-shifted at the first Lesmo and spun. Bugger.

After that I changed tack and tried to save fuel by short-shifting and cadging a tow wherever I could, but it was too little too late, and I ran dry with a lap to go. Ah well, it was good fun in parts. Congrats podium.

Then unfortunately Frex span in front of us into my path in Lesmo 1 and I clipped him (Sorry, even watching the replay and knowing it would happen I can't see how I'd have missed you).

No worries, my fault entirely (see above). Sorry you were caught up by it.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2018, 11:44:56 AM +0000 »

How embarrassing, FMG's fuel saving pace is significantly quicker than my flat out pace  Cry

I did end up adopting the fuel saving policy and finished with 1 ltr of fuel, not as close as last Sunday's V8 race where I conked out crossing the finishing line!

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2018, 01:10:08 PM +0000 »

Good to hear that it is possible to save fuel realistically. I have short shifted and coasted in gt races before when fuel has been looking tight to finish a race but never knew if it actually did!

Regarding fuel at pit stops:- if you have 50L selected in the pit stop menu, does it literally add 50L or does it detect what you have left in the tank and top you up to 50L? ie you stop with 10L left and the pit crew throw in another 40? I ask as I stopped a couple of laps earlier than needed hoping the stop would be shorter.

PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 01:13:11 PM +0000 »

I made a little video of my highlights. Monza was more interesting than any expected!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM525r68MKk
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:15:47 PM +0000 by PorcoRosso86 » Logged

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 02:15:16 PM +0000 »

Improved my PB in qually, so I'm pleased with that. I really hope Felix' time was with a tow, as I have no idea how I could squeeze half a second out of it  Shocked.

I bogged down at the start, but so did Fabri infront of me, so I didn't lose too many places.
After the start I was right behind FMG and Porco and then I realised just how wide these cars are.

So. Had it not been for flinching at Jeffery appearing alongside me into T1 then I reckon Operation:Eco-Warrior might have pulled it off Cry

Sorry if I went a bit too far from the curb, I actually lifted off twice. Once before the turn and once at entry as for some reason it just wouldn't turn in, eventhough it's an easy flat even on cold tyres  Undecided.

In Lesmo 1 Porco had a moment and I could get in his draft at the back straight. Before the race I was hoping for a NASCAR-esqua type of race, with constant slipstreaming and overtaking, so I knew that making a mistake would be detrimental for the race. So ofcourse I ran wide at Parabolica in the first lap, dropping me to 10th or something  Roll Eyes.

After a few laps I was slowly catching Alexey and I was looking forward to the drafting battle...but he pitted when I got close...fun denied  Tongue.

To my surprise, the mediums only lasted 10 minutes before the got yellow. What's the point of that compund then? I thought they would last atleast 20 minutes, as hards lasted the whole race at Mugello and this should be easy on the tyres. Decided to pit with 30 minutes to go and switch to hards and I immediatly improved my laptimes, eventhough I had more fuel and a harder compound. Are those medium tyres bugged, or was I just not able to get them to work? If I knew hards would be better from the start, I would have gone for hard/softs.
I think the pitcrew uses teacups to full the tank, as 16 litres of fuel took just as long as changing 4 tyres.

The laps after the pitstop were quite lonely, with Ceolmor in the distance. Lap by lap I was able to nibble a bit of time off and after a while I was finally able to get close, just as we came across Frex. We had an awesome looking 3 car draft heading into Parabolica and I was able to use Frex to hold off Ceolmor.

When others made their stop I was surprised to find myself in 4th with FMG infront of me. I realised by his pace and his position that he must have gone for the no stop strategy. Because he coasted very early I found it really hard to get close, as I didn't want to plow into him. With 2 laps to go I finally got him into Lesmo 1 and I thought I'd be safe from there on, but then  saw we were in the final lap and I knew he'd probably saved enough fuel to give it a final push. He almost had me in the last corner, but there is so little grip on the outside at Parabolica, as I found out myself in lap 1.

Grats to Felix for another amazing pace. I have no idea what you've been eating lately, but you are uncatchable Smiley.

I really liked the natural strategies that were possible without forcing a stop or adding multipliers.

Regarding fuel at pit stops:- if you have 50L selected in the pit stop menu, does it literally add 50L or does it detect what you have left in the tank and top you up to 50L? ie you stop with 10L left and the pit crew throw in another 40? I ask as I stopped a couple of laps earlier than needed hoping the stop would be shorter.

I think you can change what it does in a config file, but default it's adding fuel. So for me I calculated 115 litres maximum for the race, so I started with 99L and added 16L (number 16 was in my pit window).
I prefer it when it says the amount beind added instead of the amount you'll have when you exit, as then you can enter the pitlane at any time without needing to recalculate.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 02:20:56 PM +0000 »

Set off near the back, and then managed to avoid the start mess, only to be "cautious" about moving back on
line, and clipped the end of a barrier which hurt the car, so escaped to pits, then had to wait for the minute
penalty, so by the time I got out half the field had already lapped  taz carried on anyway to then find that
all the people who knew what they were doing were on hards, and my meds melted before half distance
tried to keep out of the way as best as I could, but the car was really awkward in lesmo 1 and parabolica
Ah well, next one I am in Milton Keynes so will miss it.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 05:32:48 PM +0000 »

It is hard do a debrifing for this race.

The worst result in this group, and probably of all times. But at the same time a race where I pushed like a crazy, taking absurd risks, making show. I made more overtaking in this race than in the whole season with the Lotus 25.

I qualified second. I knew I had a good pass. I was in any case very uncertain about the strategy (and this was a big problem).
I had trouble on start, doing a bordell so. I was tryed to start with "granny technique" but maybe i was too low on rpm (or maybe the virtual clutch is a shit) and a lose totaly power, like turbo off. So i re-pressed the clutch and i started move better.
This situation is absulotly dangerous, specially in a old grid style, and i was so hitted a bit.
I rejoined penultimate, followed by Maikel (that is really fast). I began to push very hard, quite easily overtake the pilots ahead of me. Always followed by Maikel, but I took a little advantage (about 3-4 seconds).
This seemed good, and I was back in 4th place, taking advantage of the pit stops of some pilots.
The moment of the pit stop arrived. I discover that my strategy was totally wrong. Returned to 10th position. I only had time to do two more overtaking and finish 8th.

One of best moment was the 3 side cars on main straight and pass before the Curva Grande. Really dangerous and crazy, but i did that. I think there was also Frex, in middle.

PS: i've also no idea what sense have the Medium tires...
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 06:13:40 PM +0000 »

How embarrassing, FMG's fuel saving pace is significantly quicker than my flat out pace  Cry
I'm don't know if it helps but my fastest lap was done while recatching Mark, and was pushing my setup to its limit. Undamaged and out of draft I would have been unlikely to drop far below 1:20 without burning too much fuel.

My setups that were capable of the times seen at the front of the grid burned nearly a litre a lap more fuel to achieve the speed  Shocked

As for the mediums, they will happily run half race distance here despite their colour. One of my fastest test races was done using 2 sets of mediums and a splash of fuel.
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 06:18:50 PM +0000 »

Not too happy with the result this race.

Couldn't really settle on a good pace during practise and quali was really close so I ended up 7th I think. Then I noticed I was boxed up tight between 6 other drivers at the start  Shocked
I tried to keep an eye on the 2 infront and on my sides so when the lights turned green I already saw that my start was better then Jeffreys. Too late I noticed Fabri who stalled abit at the start. I couldn't go to the right as a car was right there so I tried to evade to the left but then I realised theres a car there aswell. Went off the throttle abit as hitting the brakes right at the start probably wouldn't have ended good aswell, but I still bumped into Fabri slightly which spun him and me around. So with quite abit of damage I rejoined last and had abit of fun on some nice battles to get back to the action, but it still left abit of a sour aftertaste after. I don't like causing crashes  Tongue

Ah well, hoping for some better result next time. And hopefully someone will be able to steal a few points from Felix  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com