The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 07:49:59 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A9 Zeltweg: March 07, 2018
March 07, 2018, 06:27:25 PM +0000 - Zeltweg (1977-87 (no chicane)) - UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 1 1:29.339
---
1 40:12.800
---
26 1:31.459
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 6 +0.978
---
2 +5.498
---
26 1:31.664
---
Dunlop  
PorcoRosso86
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 4 +0.731
---
3 +6.339
---
26 1:31.301
---
Dunlop  
Jeffrey

Porsche 962C Group C 3 +0.625
---
4 +9.443
---
26 1:31.518
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 11 +3.249
---
5 +26.470
---
26 1:32.146
---
Dunlop  
Felix Simoes
 Black Widow Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 2 +0.201
---
6 +1:26.725
---
26 1:31.313
---
Dunlop  
Sutol

Porsche 962C Group C 9 +3.071
---
7 +3L
---
23 1:34.032
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 13 +3.468
---
8 +5L
---
21 1:33.067
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 12 +3.249
---
9 +16L
---
10 1:34.316
---
Dunlop  
Baikal

Porsche 962C Group C 5 +0.882
---
10 +23L
---
3 1:33.365
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Wiesel

Porsche 962C Group C 7 +1.008
---
11 +0.176
---
3 1:33.173
---
Dunlop  
Nuvolari87
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 8 +2.840
---
12 +5:25.028
---
3 1:34.019
---
Dunlop  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 10 +3.236
---
13 +24L
---
2 1:35.163
---
Dunlop  
Bonni Massimo
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Blackett

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Ceolmor

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
ChrisR
 Black Widow Racing
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:29.339
---
Fabri Fibra
Qualifying
Porsche 962CMarch 07, 2018, 06:27:25 PM +0000
A9
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:31.301
---
PorcoRosso86
Race
Porsche 962CMarch 07, 2018, 06:27:25 PM +0000
A9
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962 - Österreichring - Mar 7  (Read 4657 times)
Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2018, 08:24:04 PM +0000 »

Thomas has just told me a work around, it seems to work :
Change your windows time to a month ago and restart your rift services (or just restart your pc).
That will fool it into working again  Smiley

Yes, I saw that advice on the forums, but too late in the day to make it for the race.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2018, 08:48:00 PM +0000 »

After this shitty day my 'race' could not have been so different. 3 hours spent in the traffic to do 12 kms inside Rome... Than I found traffic on the server because I didn't manage to join it before the quali was over. When I realized that at the end of the straight the driver in front of me had braked some 150 meters before my training braking point I had only the time to avoid the train of cars, and luckily the guard rails were sticky enough avoiding a sure disaster for some other drivers. The only thing that made me happy today.

Have fun chaps.

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Thomas Wiesel

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2018, 08:49:26 PM +0000 »

I lost the connection to my rift a few times in the first laps until it was completely gone and the picture was dark (USB bling bling) Then I lost also the connection to my wheel. Hope for a quick fix from Oculus. Unfortunately I hit Alexey(?) in the dark. Sorry! Cry  So I had to restart my PC.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2018, 08:54:22 PM +0000 »

So nice style, Thomas. I have no words else.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:57:15 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2018, 08:59:40 PM +0000 »

Nice dive, Thomas.

Sorry man, that I ruined your race. I had problems with the the rift. I saw nothing and just hit the breaks seeing nothing. It was the worst point on the track where this could happen. I accept all penalties regarding this. Undecided
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2018, 09:28:58 PM +0000 »

That was a race of ups and a very big low.

Qualified behind the usual suspects in 3rd. Had a decent start but I didn't realise Felix wasn't there anymore. Got a tow from Fabri and was able totake the lead into turn 1.

From there on it was new territory for me...saving fuel Cheesy. Tried a few different things to save fuel and have enough for 27 laps. Me, Fabri and FMG were constantly together and they were swapping places while taking turns in attacking me. I think FMG backed off a few times to save fuel, only to come charging back at us. It was a bit like the constant swapping during cycling. I was more afraid of FMG's charges, as I suspected he was on low wing as well. I was on 0 rear wing and was able to fend off Fabri, but FMG's car came at me a bit faster  Shocked.

6 Minutes before the end I realised we were going so slow due to the fuel saving, that we were going to do 26 laps instead of 27 so I put my foot down, hoping the guys behind would not be able to follow. Unfortunatly for me, they also still had the fuel to keep up, but they were battling with eachother, which gave me a 1,5 seconds lead going into the final lap.

I knew my gearbox was in bad shape, so I was hoping it would survive. In the last downshift of the race...it broke down, just before the last corner. I thought I just misshifted so I tried to reengage it, but it had died and I rolled over the finish line  Cry. Sorry for the surprise there FMG, I was yanking the stick hoping it would come to life.

It was an amazing race and the fuel added a whole new dimension. Bit miffed I lost out on the win, but I'm glad I was atleast competitive.
PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2018, 09:51:27 PM +0000 »

A good race for me
Qualify 4th after which I was third with the same time of Jeff for a bit of minutes, I had a good start. FMG overtake me really fast, I thought that him had a pit in the middle of the race, but wasn't so.
All the race to manage the fuel, and kept a 6-7 seconds of gap. I start to push just 10 mins to the finish.
At last lap I saw a big crash at last corner, they was jeffrey and FMG, above me! Just have the space to overtake only jeffrey, and catched a good 3rd position just under the checkered flag

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2018, 09:55:53 PM +0000 »

May be a re race? A lot of guys had a problems and not racing. I am not realized  my favorite combo of champ too...I am crying ... I am in sorrow...   hang I can't to sleep from now on!   helpsmilie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2018, 10:48:18 PM +0000 »

May be a re race? A lot of guys had a problems and not racing. I am not realized  my favorite combo of champ too...I am crying ... I am in sorrow...   hang I can't to sleep from now on!   helpsmilie

Yes, i agree. We can do a re-race of course, at Laguna Seca.  Wink
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2018, 10:58:34 PM +0000 »

Hard race for me but also really great.
I did all race with Jeffrey and FMG, in a space of 1 second. We fought a lot. I was slower on straight and really faster on central part of track. I had wing 2. I was focus also on fuel cons. so when possible i lifted a bit.
On last corner i was really lucky (FMG and Jeffrey did a mistake) and i won.

Great race Jeffrey and FMG!  thumbup1
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2018, 11:08:24 PM +0000 »

Well that was a disappointing snooze fest  Sad but at least a good result with 5th.

With the rift troubles I had to configure my triples during qually and only managed a few laps with a weird tunnel vision stretched view. But I spent a few minutes tweaking it to look respectable even as I sat on the grid for race start  Shocked
Got a good start to overtake Sutol and stayed glued to a few cars ahead for a few laps but sadly Thomas and Alexey had a coming together at T1 and Sutol dropped back. That was the end of any semblance of a race as I was then on my own for the rest of the race  Roll Eyes except this time I had the unbridled joy of coasting and short shifting just to make it to the end  thumbdown it felt like a Sunday drive around the mountains. :sleep1:With about 3 laps to go I could see I would just have enough benzina so finally got to attack a couple of laps and crossed the line with 2L left.
yawn

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2018, 01:05:27 AM +0000 »

Let's make every race a straight forward sprint without any driver input required for a good result  Roll Eyes .

I really don't get how 'the art of lifting the throttle on the straight' has become a sign of respect here.

I'll go on as ever, pretending not to have read the subsequent post on how people was good to save their fuel to do a lap less than it was scheduled for their strategy, in respect of the meaning of the word RACING.

Would have been a proper race simply cutting one lap before the start, instead of applying 'the fine art of lifting the throttle on the straight', just to obtain the same result in terms of laps. Sorry if I insist chaps  Cry Cry Cry

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 01:07:59 AM +0000 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2018, 02:59:09 AM +0000 »

I really don't get how 'the art of lifting the throttle on the straight' has become a sign of respect here.

I'll go on as ever, pretending not to have read the subsequent post on how people was good to save their fuel to do a lap less than it was scheduled for their strategy, in respect of the meaning of the word RACING.

Would have been a proper race simply cutting one lap before the start, instead of applying 'the fine art of lifting the throttle on the straight', just to obtain the same result in terms of laps. Sorry if I insist chaps  Cry Cry Cry

Then you should check the replay of the race FMG, Fabri and I had. It was a constant tussle between trying to save some fuel and defending from an attack or charging up for one. It wasn't a simple race of turn brain off and keep foot down. Every lap you had to decide what to do and even with fuel saving we were doing 31's.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2018, 07:33:31 AM +0000 »

I think FMG backed off a few times to save fuel, only to come charging back at us.
Nope, just good old fashioned mistakes!
I started the race with a range of just over 41 minutes due to my setup, my intention was to get to the point where I had 2 minutes in the bank and then throw caution to the wind.

It's very easy to save fuel when behind slower/equal traffic so I was flat out from about lap 5. Just with a fairly long 5th to give me some saving.
Whenever I messed up and let Fabri back through I'd have to wait for my tires to normalise (most mistakes ended or started in a big slide Grin) and then start the job of recatching the pair of you. As Fabri would normally be slowly gaining on you in the draft it ment I couldn't close as  quickly as would be normal on the straights.

I'm gutted about the last turn, when it happened it was so sudden I couldn't do anything before hitting you - watching the replay it feels like I had all the time in the world  Roll Eyes

Oh well, I'll take 2nd. Considering I was also having rift issues (sound randomly cutting out for a second or so at a time, driving view randomly jumping around ect (once I found myself 3 feet to the right and 2 above the roof of my car!)) throughout the race I feel I earned it!
Absolutely epic race.
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2018, 08:55:14 AM +0000 »

Managed to avoid 2 pileups in front but the 3rd got me. Ended up with a smashed windscreen, car drove ok but I think I lost a bit of downforce and picked up a bit of understeer. Very tricky driving with the smashed wrap around screen as it makes it difficult to pickup apexs. Raced around for ages with no one around and then my attention started to fail. Understeered into the barrier after T1 and had a major spin and crash (sorry to those coming down the straight, I didn't know where I was!!). Although no wishbone damage shown on app, the car would not steer so teleported back to pits, waited 67secs, went out and missed the braking point at the bottom of the hill (T3??), seemed to get stuck in the barrier as car would not move. Teleported back to the pits again, waited 37sec, then out again. I was, as you can see, determined to finish.

The barriers on this track were absolutely punishing to this fragile car, it's no wonder there were so many retirees.

Still learning so be patient
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com