The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 02:21:52 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E5Gr5 Imola: February 08, 2018
February 08, 2018, 08:54:09 PM +0000 - Imola (2007+) - RRE Season 5 (2018) Group 5
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Chunky

Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 1 +1:42.471
---
1 31:20.209
---
18 0 1:43.017
---
Goodyear  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 3 +1:43.050
---
2 +0.709
---
18 0 1:42.546
---
Goodyear  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 4 +1:43.959
---
3 +25.566
---
18 0 1:43.915
---
Goodyear  
picnic
 Team Shark
Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 2 +1:42.905
---
4 +39.969
---
18 0 1:43.380
---
Goodyear  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5
---
5 +57.337
---
18 0 1:45.395
---
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5
---
6 +1L
---
17 0 1:45.606
---
Goodyear  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 5 +1:57.605
---
7 +12L 6 0 1:57.486
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 5 (2018) Race Room Group 5 - Imola - Feb 8  (Read 1767 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:32:23 PM +0000 »

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: Gr5 Capri
Track: Imola
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E3H
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 09:12:46 PM +0000 »

Without minor mistakes, the race might not have been as exciting. The outcome wasn't changed though, the right man still won.

Grats all.

What happened with the slowdowns and the shortened post race timer?. Not that it affected my race, it was just a bit weird...
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 10:15:14 PM +0000 »

That was awesome  Grin
So much more fun there with these cars there than the Ferraris were in AC recently.
I struggled a bit when the tyres started to go off, and lost touch with Spanner, but got
it together again towards the end.

Stephen had changed a few of the settings for his last race, and I thought I had set
them back, but the timer was short. I kept getting cut track slow downs, but they
only lasted a second or less. Odd, but I didn't mind  Roll Eyes

frex

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 12:15:09 AM +0000 »

Apologies to Pete - I got in front at the start, but then we made contact at the hairpin. You kindly waited, but actually I'm fairly sure I moved over on you in the braking zone (my attention was focussed on Eck ahead of me), so my fault I think - hence why I gave you the place back again. Without all of that kerfuffle you would probably have been fighting for the lead with the front two, so sorry for that.

Really fun cars to drive, but I didn't start to feel (sort of) comfortable until about half distance.

That was awesome  Grin
So much more fun there with these cars there than the Ferraris were in AC recently.

I enjoyed both, but yeah there's a lot more going on with these! Congrats John and Eck.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 05:36:11 AM +0000 »

Tweaked back muscles in morning and unable to practice.  Cry  After 4 Paracetamol managed to be able to drive for bit of practice,qualifying and race!  Lost concentration and stuffed car into a wall, killing the engine!   Roll Eyes  Sad Congrats podium.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 08:16:25 AM +0000 »

Apologies to Pete - I got in front at the start, but then we made contact at the hairpin. You kindly waited, but actually I'm fairly sure I moved over on you in the braking zone (my attention was focussed on Eck ahead of me), so my fault I think - hence why I gave you the place back again. Without all of that kerfuffle you would probably have been fighting for the lead with the front two, so sorry for that.
No I wouldn't, I proved that by letting you back passed by having a couple of silly moments. So no real harm done, but thanks for letting me through.

Really fun cars to drive, but I didn't start to feel (sort of) comfortable until about half distance.
Opposite for me, I guess because of my own ineptitude. I enjoyed the first bit especially as I never felt comfortable with you only a few seconds behind. Once I'd let you passed, and with the tyres seemingly having gone off but not yellow, I wasn't able to push so it was a boring drive around trying not to get caught out again until the end of the race. I felt more and more uncomfortable with the car the longer the race went Sad

Impressive pace and consistency by John and Eck  Cool

Chunky

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 12:43:58 PM +0000 »

Love the Capri and great fun racing with you Erk very close, you seemed to have better pace than me in the race!

So easy to make a mistake in these things! consistency is so hard! little bit too much throttle and weerr haaay!!

I can tell its going to be really hard at Soma to keep these from swapping ends, message to right foot "go easy"!  Cheesy

JP
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 01:27:26 PM +0000 »

Mid Ohio is next. Sonoma is 3 weeks after that.
There will be 6 races in each of these 3 series, then "Something Else"
I will try to add the last 2 events for Capri and NSU soonest.
I am in the darkest south welsh valleys for the Mid Ohio race  Sad
Bummer  sleep1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com