The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:27:19 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E5GT3Cup Hockenheim: March 29, 2018
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 5 (2018) Race Room Porsche GT3 Cup - Hockenheim - Mar 29  (Read 1450 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:49:05 PM +0000 »

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: Porsche GT3 Cup
Track: Hockenheim GP
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E5GT3
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 01:44:36 PM +0000 »

Just looking through the diary and this seems to be the next race I'll be around for on Thursdays.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 05:01:02 PM +0000 »

That's a long time away GT Sad Will look forward to your return though, especially if you don't get a chance to practice and give us a chance for a change Wink

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 04:33:58 PM +0100 »

Will be missing this race due to busy domestic situation. Still not found time to progress my missing RRE code number!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 09:17:01 PM +0100 »

Wow that was an intense race considering there were so few of us. Was struggling with grip towards the end as Pete seemed to find his pace and closed in on me. Then on the final lap just as I thought I was going to hang on for the win a slight mistake into the Mercedes arena section and Pete was through. Congrats  Cool

Love these cars but really must learn how to make them last as the balance changes.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 10:02:52 PM +0100 »

Yes I'm not sure how I won that really. I said to Spanner I thought I was quicker when the tyres weren't at their optimum as I felt I was much quicker than you on the first lap but after you got the tyres up to temperature you were getting a gap that I only manged to peg a bit at the latter end of the race. I was surprised as well when I got fastest lap at 2/3 or 3/4 race distance. That got me back in range to give you some pressure. After passing you I felt the wins mine but every corner it seemed the grip had gone and the car wanted to throw itself off the track! By .1 of a sec I held on. Intense last couple of laps chasing you then hanging on Smiley

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 07:15:30 AM +0100 »

I think that was the first time I enjoyed driving this car in the end. Tried changing the camber and front toe massively to try and feel any difference, wasnt until i ran lots of positive front toe that it felt far more comfortble for me on the steering and i felt more confident under braking, where it wasnt instantly locking up every time. Nature of the track helped i think as well, being more slow corners with defined braking zones.

Had dropped the camber on the rear as well to improve the stability but definitely hurt me in some of the corners.

Shame Matt had such a nightmare first lap!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 11:14:12 AM +0100 »

AH yes..... no practice other than at the event. Thought I had a drivable setup, and but for the insane
front lockups it might have been. Was way behind after lap 1, and off the pace, so quit
I have spent the last few weeks doing intense study for two exams, (passed both) and I was not at my best
last night. I quite like these, which is unusual for me as I hate cement mixers normally.

Looking for thoughts for the next 2 or 3 series,  I would love to run a season of the X-17 single seaters at as many
F1 circuits as this has, and some suitable alternates where they are missing.
They are effectively F1 of a few years back, proper sound, and insanely quick. Not doing a series without some
positive feedback though. Perhaps use another porsche, a more friendly one - the GT4 or Gt3 ones.
I like the little NSU for a close race, but for 3 or 4 people it gets boring for me.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 07:07:48 PM +0100 »

Looking for thoughts for the next 2 or 3 series,  I would love to run a season of the X-17 single seaters at as many
F1 circuits as this has, and some suitable alternates where they are missing.
They are effectively F1 of a few years back, proper sound, and insanely quick. Not doing a series without some
positive feedback though. Perhaps use another porsche, a more friendly one - the GT4 or Gt3 ones.
I like the little NSU for a close race, but for 3 or 4 people it gets boring for me.

I'll give anything a go when I'm around to race. Just tried the X-17 and it feels a bit too mad for me but I guess I'd get used to it with some practice. The FR-US is more user friendly imo as it feels a bit more old school F1 despite its radical appearance, maybe worth looking at. The GT4 pork can be pretty challenging but is a great drive and would probably give some good immersive racing.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 05:21:47 PM +0100 »

I always like the GP2 car when it was released. Single seaters are never forgiving though, due to the increased speed to GT's. I guess same for the LMP's but never driven the LMP1.

Dont mind carry on in a race if the car is a good drive, the NSU is hardly a fun to actually drive, maybe to race, yes.

Maybe a different combo each week to try them out?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com