The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 04:43:45 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Silverstone: April 10, 2018
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Jim Clark Event - Silverstone 1967 - April 10  (Read 2785 times)
Felix Simoes

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2018, 12:12:55 PM +0100 »

That was two epic races!!!  Smiley

Thanks guys for organising this Smiley

Mark, it was with me that you bumped on hangar straight. From my perspective I was driving straight and then I got bumped sideways. Looking at the replay I could see that I was going slightly to the left to take the line for the next corner and at the same time you were going slightly to the right. I had plenty of room to my right, it's a fact but you also had space to your left. It was a shame that happened but I don't think I was the only cause for the bump.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2018, 01:50:20 PM +0100 »

Great races! Thank you Ceolmor for this event.

Congratulations to all the participants, excellent races with very few contacts or mistakes. This is really good and difficult to see in other places.

I had bad qual. Race 1, I started well and managed to get the lead after a small mistake of FMG. Then I simply controlled the race, without having to push too much because the pilot behind me were in fight.
Race 2, difficult to vamp having to pass the whole group, but it went quite well. I was in the traffic for the "3rd place fight" between Jeffrey and Porco. A fourth place without praise, but dignified.

The pic of FMG in drifing in front of Jeffrey and Felix is epic. So '60s!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2018, 01:55:31 PM +0100 »

Where is this pic? I don't see it in Jeffrey's post

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2018, 01:56:52 PM +0100 »

Where is this pic? I don't see it in Jeffrey's post

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=14875.msg271815#msg271815

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2018, 03:04:35 PM +0100 »

I tried a really high coast diff setting, but decided that was too wimpy so used 40%
I think I was running 5 for coast last night, I run fairly high pre-load though which makes the car less snappy.

You need to be very heavy on the heal and toe to prevent rear locking under braking, more then once I had to heal and toe into hanger despite not actually needing to change gear, but just to unlock the rear wheel/s.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2018, 04:50:50 PM +0100 »

That was two epic races!!!  Smiley

Thanks guys for organising this Smiley

Mark, it was with me that you bumped on hangar straight. From my perspective I was driving straight and then I got bumped sideways. Looking at the replay I could see that I was going slightly to the left to take the line for the next corner and at the same time you were going slightly to the right. I had plenty of room to my right, it's a fact but you also had space to your left. It was a shame that happened but I don't think I was the only cause for the bump.

An no problem at all Felix, I was making a joke out of how wide it is  Grin besides you have more than helped me out with setup advice in the past  angel
It’s odd if it was you though, I was looking across at another car that was nose to nose with me but there was a big gap between us, then next moment I felt a side on clunk (wheel to wheel sound) that caused the off, so I presumed someone else had crept up on my stern  Undecided
No biggie anyway   Kiss

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com