The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:46:28 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A7 Road America: April 11, 2018
April 11, 2018, 04:40:52 PM +0100 - Road America (Full) - UKAC Season 7 599xx
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
nfsw55

Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} 1 2:02.624
---
1 41:28.256
---
20 2:03.565
---
Pirelli  
Baikal

Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} 2 +0.188
---
2 +21.283
---
20 2:04.092
---
Pirelli  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} 4 +0.780
---
3 +26.270
---
20 2:04.190
---
Pirelli +20.0kg
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} 6 +0.840
---
4 +26.597
---
20 2:03.887
---
Pirelli  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} 8 +2.304
---
5 +26.881
---
20 2:04.181
---
Pirelli  
Flavus Periculum

Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} 3 +0.772
---
6 +35.036
---
20 2:04.964
---
Pirelli +40.0kg
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} 7 +0.919
---
7 +35.603
---
20 2:04.818
---
Pirelli +100.0kg
Jeffrey

Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} 5 +0.794
---
8 +36.566
---
20 2:04.857
---
Pirelli +100.0kg
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} 10 +3.249
---
9 +1:23.692
---
20 2:05.954
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} 9 +2.960
---
10 +10L
---
10 2:05.558
---
Pirelli  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} DNS ---
---
Pirelli  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 599XX Evo {unknown} ---
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
---
Pirelli  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
---
Pirelli  
Sutol

---
Pirelli  
picnic
 Team Shark
---
Pirelli  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 7 599xx - Road America - Apr 11  (Read 2748 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 08:38:33 PM +0100 »

downloaded the latest version of the track, but get an error message when I try to unzip it, no racing for me tonight  Sad
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 09:49:28 PM +0100 »

Don't think I ever had to fight this hard to finish next to last  Tongue.

It didn't take long after the start for MJ and Simon to just blast past the obese 599. Seeing how much later MJ could brake scared the Bejesus out of me a few times  Grin.

After that I had some great battle with Maikel again, lots of side by side action and Flavus being the laughing 3rd in that group, as he pulled away as we were slowing eachother down.

Was a fun series for me, shame I had to miss so many races.
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 09:56:50 PM +0100 »

Phew, managed to just finish ahead of Jeffrey  Grin

I realized early in the race that the ballast was making a huge difference here on this track so at the start Simon made a great move in the 3rd corner. After that I just followed them until it was only me chasing Jeffrey who was on Flavus his tail. After a while we decided to take turns on attacking Flavus  Cool
Some great battles, intense race from start to finish. Great car choice as I probably would never have driven it if not for this  Grin
downloaded the latest version of the track, but get an error message when I try to unzip it, no racing for me tonight  Sad

Don't use Winrar ( or update it or something ). I use 7zip from now on as I get that same error with Winrar. Could be its just outdated.
Flavus Periculum

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 11:20:42 PM +0100 »

First race at this track and one of the best races of the series for me.
Qualifying was another tight affair and I crashed on my first hot lap so then was under pressure and very happy to make it on the second row.
Lost one place in the first few corners of the race to FMG and then it was a case of defend to the end. Held Mark off for a number of laps but I knew he would get past eventually however I made him work for it. Simon got through quickly after and then it was a case of defending against Maikel and Jeffrey. Maikel had one go into turn 1 but he went wide and I nipped back through. The battle behind between Jeffrey and Maikel allowed me to pull away for some laps but they kept coming back for more but lucky for me they ran out of laps. Great racing and really enjoyed the track and the car is just wonderful fun to drive.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2018, 09:15:56 AM +0100 »

Well that was a superb and fitting last round of a great championship  thumbup1

Hadn’t had any practise but at least knew the track well so was able to get up to speed pretty quickly and even antagonise the top end group until eventually dropping to 6th in qually.

Got a good race start and immediately latched onto Jeffery’s derrière not knowing he was carrying some fat bloke in his car  Grin he was glued to Flavus ahead so 3 of formed a high speed NASCAR train for many laps with Simon just a sec or 2 behind. It was great fun with only about a metre between each car but I could tell they were both holding me up under braking. (Not often I get to say that!)
Jeff eventually moved over when I got a better exit out of T2 and was heavy breathing down his neck and then I set about Flavus ahead. We had a good high speed chase for a few laps until I got past.  
Once in clear air I immediatekg went 1.3 secs faster on the next lap  Shocked so knew I had good pace  Smiley
Simon was chasing me in his usual relentless way but this time I was able to keep him in check and then gradually open up a 5+ sec gap  Smiley
Even better,  I could see I was gaining on Fmg and Alex several seconds up front. It took a fair few laps to get on fmg’s Tail and I then started applying pressure for several laps. The pace was furious and could see both he and Alex getting a little ragged kicking up dust in several corners. Then sadly with a few laps to go Fmg braked earlier or harder at t1 than he had been doing and it just caught me off guard enough to thump his rear. It should have just given him a dented rear panel but as is usual with tho slightly odd AC collision modelling, it pitched him into a half spin.   :(I pulled straight over and waited for him to retake the position and saw Simon barrelling down on us. Fmg seemed to take forever to get going off the tarmac apron but thankfully we both pulled away just ahead of le Shark.
I then chased him hard to the flag for 4th  Smiley but Alex got an easy 2nd in the end when I think we could have both pressured him at the end.
Cracking race, loved it.  Cool

Two discos in the series both whilst running in top 6 places cost me badly and meant I only finished 8th overall.  Shame Cry but had some brilliant racing throughout.

Well done to the series winner and big thanks to Jeff for organising a great series  thumbup2
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:29:12 AM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 01:08:12 PM +0100 »

I bit a tongue to my spotter at finish the race in 2nd  Grin And Nirvana coming next  Cheesy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaOgzliLTlE

Thanks all guys for the champ! Congratulations to Maikel series champion  and NFSW55 for race win!  thumbup1
It was hard race for me but so fun! I had hard defend from FMG 35 minutes of race time  , than he was an acident with Mark and then i slightly relacs and finish second- it was my best podium in UKAC  Cool
Thanks Jeff ans Pete for organization!  thumbup1 . I love to drive this kind of modern cars in apropriate combos!
Hope next modern cars series will be the same fun for us!
See you all guys on the next races!  rockon  

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:15:34 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2018, 09:08:09 PM +0100 »

Enjoyed the last race of this great championship.
Gladly I lost all my ballast in the last two rounds, so I was able to unleash all the power yesterday.
The car suited the track very well and althought I had nobody to fight against I had good fun.
Finished P1 and got my third win in this championship, perfect way to end this series.

Thanks Jeff for organizing this, car choice was superb. Already looking forward to the next (modern) series Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com