The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 08:49:28 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A8 BGT3 Oulton Park: February 11, 2018
February 11, 2018, 09:41:11 AM +0000 - Oulton Park (International) - UKAC Season 8 Season 8 - British GT3 Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
ChrisR
 Black Widow Racing
Audi R8 LMS GT3 1 51:04.413
---
31 ---
---
Pirelli  
nfsw55

Audi R8 LMS GT3 2 +15.855
---
31 ---
---
Pirelli  
Jeffrey

Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 3 +21.433
---
31 ---
---
Dunlop  
Flavus Periculum

McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 4 +28.232
---
31 ---
---
Michelin  
Felix Simoes
 Black Widow Racing
Audi R8 LMS GT3 5 +38.302
---
31 ---
---
Pirelli  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 6 +44.590
---
31 ---
---
Pirelli  
Alfrance

BMW Z4M GT3 7 +1:00.625
---
31 ---
---
Michelin  
E_Bishwish

Audi R8 LMS GT3 8 +10L 21 ---
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS GT3 9 +0L 31 ---
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 10 +2L 29 ---
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 11 +1L 30 ---
---
Michelin  
I_Barclay

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 12 30 ---
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 13 30 ---
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 14 30 ---
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 15 +0L 31 ---
---
Pirelli  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 16 +4L 27 ---
---
Michelin  
Callum_F

Audi R8 LMS GT3 DNS ---
---
Pirelli  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 8 Season 8 - British GT3 Series - Oulton Park - Feb 11  (Read 3445 times)
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 09:37:17 PM +0000 »

Hi  enjoyed the early part of the race, then wondered why engine cut out and i crashed doh forgot about fuel then forgot to do mandatory pit stop.

Grats to Podium
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 10:19:00 PM +0000 »

Awesome race with Ewans Audi for about 90% of the race  and managed to keep fast Felix in view for most of it too  Shocked if it hadn’t been for a spin at the tyre chicane that cost me 9 secs  I could have been fighting him for 5th at the end.
Bad luck to Ewan who went off late at Druid’s, you deserved a high finish.

Great track, great grid, really enjoyed the gt3 battle  Cool

Congrats to the podium  Smiley

Ps..can we have a bit longer at race end rather than the sudden kick out?!

Flavus Periculum

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 11:01:13 PM +0000 »

Enjoyed tonight, Apart from a small shunt at turn 5 on the first flying lap all was pretty good until lap 14, going down into turn 3, the car engine seemed to stall when I changed down gear and my wheel went all heavy and sluggish. I don't think I made a mistake but spun out as a result and went grass cutting down the left. Then I smacked both barriers when pitting a few laps later. I knew to be careful but the white track lines lead you into the barriers  Cheesy. So I had damage to the front and both sides and struggled for pace on the second part of the race. Happy enough with 4th. Congratulations to winner and podiums.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 08:53:21 AM +0000 »

What a brilliant track this is. Even with the chicanes. However getting the 650s around at decent speeds is very difficult! No clue how Flavus is
so fast with it. Did some 50+ laps to get it dialed in, but still not able to break the 1.39s mark. Will try again with the McLaren next outing, but might be asking
for a car swop somewhere this season. No fun if i can't be competitive all following races.

Nice grid size again. And congrats to the podium!

School is important, but race cars are importanter
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 09:23:43 AM +0000 »

If anyone is interested, i dont mind spending some time helping those who are struggling or feel like they are hitting a brick wall all the time.

“Practise” is something which people do incorrectly a lot of the time, turning laps aimlessley will get you nowhere, it might let you learn the track eventually but its a very slow and inefficient way of bettering yourself.. usually leading to beating your laptime but having no idea how or why. If you have no idea how or why then its impossible to be consistant.

Like i say, if anyone is interested in any help then just pm me and we can spend some time identifying whats troubling you and how to overcome it.

Offer is there.

Felix Simoes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 09:24:09 AM +0000 »

I had a good time  Smiley

I am never very fast with this kind of cars and struggle to keep up with the fastest guys. On top of that I started using Oculus Rift this weekend. All this factors meant hard work which, in the end, made it quite an enjoyable experience.

The race started quite nice with everybody behaving themselves and I was following really close a couple of cars. When you follow other cars really close that's when VR really shines. Smiley
A few laps into the race I find myself following Francesco really close and started feeling I could be faster. Then breaking for the last corner I did my move and, although I could keep my line, we touched and I saw in the rear view mirror that Francesco went a bit wide and out of the track. I still haven't looked at the replay, so I don't know if I'm at fault or not. At the time I felt I wasn't, that's why I continue.

After that I gained a place when Flavius had his moment and kept the 3rd place until I stoped. When I was coming out of the pits I lost a position to Jeffrey. He was faster then me so, although I tried my best to keep up, I just didn't have the pace. And then, a few laps after, I saw Flavius approaching fast on softs. At some point I lost concentration and touched the grass breaking for T2 and ended up spinning into the grass. After that I was 9 seconds behind Flavius and about the same distance to the 6th place. So all I had to do was to take it till the end without any mistakes, but no point into pushing.

Congrats to my team mate Chris for the win and well done guys that completed the podium.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 01:30:31 PM +0000 »

That was an interesting race.

Decided to change my strategy due to qually position, but it didn't take long before that was out of the window  Tongue.

Drove over a curb which violently spun me around, something that occurs more often on add-on track which "suffer" from these low res curbs. I've used that curb all night without problems, but maybe the extra weight made the physics go 'nope'.
Was almost last when I returned and got stuck behind Larry and Picnic, as it's hard to overtake on this track, so I decided to pit early. In the end I think it worked out okay as I still got on the podium. I think it would have been interesting if I didn't lose the time with the spin, damage and traffic   Smiley.

Is there a link to the next track? I can google it, but I'm not sure I'll have the same version then.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 02:05:59 PM +0000 »

You did remarkable considering you was last.

The car probably bottomed the suspension our with the extra fuel.

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 02:24:59 PM +0000 »

Enjoyed the first "proper" GT3 race since our last Blancpain championship Smiley

I never raced this track before, but after a few laps I quite liked it (even with the chicanes Grin)

Qualified in P3, which was ok, because I didn't get the soft tires to work properly. After the race start I was able to gain P1 when Jeff spun and Chris tried to avoid him, but Chris closed in again soon and eventually passed me. After that I tried to follow him as close as possible.

I think I had quite a good race strategy, but around the half way mark I lost the car under braking at the second chicane, because I put a tire on the grass. There was a car right in front of me (I think Postal?) so the only way to avoid him was to crash into the inside tire stack. My car was very bruised after that and I lost more than a second per lap. After my pitstop I was sill in P1, but Chris closed the gap very soon, overtook me and disappeared in the distance.

Under the circumstances I'm still happy with P2 and I'm looking forward to the next race.

Btw: Grid was looking very good with 17 cars, thanks for organizing SRW.
Is this the correct version of Rockingham?
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rockingham-issc.4966/
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 02:33:01 PM +0000 »

Is this the correct version of Rockingham?
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rockingham-issc.4966/
I believe it is.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 02:35:29 PM +0000 »

If anyone is interested, i don't mind spending some time helping those who are struggling or feel like they are hitting a brick wall all the time.

“Practise” is something which people do incorrectly a lot of the time, turning laps aimlessley will get you nowhere, it might let you learn the track eventually but its a very slow and inefficient way of bettering yourself.. usually leading to beating your laptime but having no idea how or why. If you have no idea how or why then its impossible to be consistant.

Like i say, if anyone is interested in any help then just pm me and we can spend some time identifying whats troubling you and how to overcome it.

Offer is there.

Well, i might take you up on that Chris. I think i have an understanding on what settings i should alter regarding setup's, just with this 650 i am hitting the wall. So it seems there are still seconds on the table which have to come from my driving possibly.

I can imagine there are others too who would like some coaching here and there. If so, give me a shout. It is better to invest in your own driving skills than in a set of "tuning spark plugs"!  Grin

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 06:46:06 PM +0100 »

Results rejigged - cars should now be correct.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com