The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 09:12:22 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Oculus Rift in AC  (Read 5122 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2018, 08:53:55 PM +0000 »

I was correct with editing the oculus.ini, it does work editing that line to =1 for sound. What I didn’t know is that there are two oculus.ini files, one in your steam/ AC folder and one in your documents/ac  Tongue it’s the docs one to edit.
Much improved look with pixels now at 1.4 too  Smiley

Had a very frustrating spell earlier when I tried to Join the race server. I got an instant pc reboot as I pulled out my pit box  Sad I could hear my pc constantling paging and was getting all sorts of device problems each time I tried to restart AC. Finally I rechecked Oculus rift devices and found one of the sensors was saying it was disconnected or needed new usb drivers (it wasn’t and all my drivers were up to date) I had to plug one of them into a USB 2 port to get it to work. Apparently you can run out of usb bandwidth  Roll Eyes once I sussed this out my ac finally ran again after a frustrating wasted hour! So no practise for me before tomorrow’s race  Cry

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2018, 10:39:46 PM +0000 »

Also disable power saving for the rift sensors - that can apparently cause problems
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2018, 09:19:49 AM +0000 »

Also disable power saving for the rift sensors - that can apparently cause problems

Where is that setting?

I’ve had trouble with a sensor twice already since installing at the weekend. Strange that it works fine for a couple of days then decides to not play ball. I had already moved one of the two sensor usb’s To different hubs on the pc when it first happened, and now after reading further tech support, it suggested putting one of them into a usb2 port, which is how I solved last nights issue. Luckily for me it wasn’t race night or I would have missed it  Angry
I did notice the Innateck card suggesting installing two pci cards to cope with rift! Bit daft. I still have 3 un-used usb3 ports so lord knows what issues I’d get with even more devices plugged in.  Roll Eyes

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2018, 09:30:15 AM +0000 »

Just run the Tray tools, not had an issue scince using it.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2018, 10:29:46 AM +0000 »

With USB hub, do you mean a device that you plug into 1 USB and gives you multiple USB slots in return? If that's the case, that might not give enough power. I've had that few years ago where devices didn't work because it couldn't supply them all via that 1 USB port the hub was connected to.

Maybe plug it all directly into a USB port that's connected to the motherboard.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2018, 11:07:16 AM +0000 »

No I have 5x usb3 ports and 1x usb2 on the motherboard and another 5x usb 3 ports on a dedicated pci-e card, so should be plenty!
I had already put one sensor on Mobo and one on pci card to cure the first ‘sensor’ problem and all was fine for 3 days until randomly last night it couldn’t cope so I moved one onto the usb 2 port as per oculus tech support recommendation. Bit sensitive these sensors  Tongue

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2018, 11:22:43 AM +0000 »

Bit off topic but do older driving sims work with this new fangled headset stuff?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2018, 11:30:22 AM +0000 »

No they need VR support implemented I believe. Same with older flight sims as I found out yesterday. TrackiR is best option for older stuff to get head movement.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2018, 08:56:10 PM +0000 »

Mark, i am happy to see that you satisfied and enjoyed the VR Smiley
As i see in race result- you still can manage the car properly and without any skill lost. Congratulation!
May be, in a future, i'll get a VR too. When my live will go rich again  Grin A must have device.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2018, 09:25:07 PM +0000 »

Thanks Alexey, yes very pleased with it so far (apart from eye strain but may just need time to get used to it)
Do what I did and get one off eBay! Plenty of hardly used rifts to be had. I got mine for £280 and its immaculate., hardly been touched!  Smiley big saving from £400 new.

Quick question, in game is it possible to tab between the rift and monitor? When I have say, the menu up with driver table/session info and chat bar I struggle to type anything and find myself trying to peer under the goggles. Once in the pits or at race end I'd just like to tab to the monitor so I can get the rift off for a breather.

Was also wondering what these things are like to use in the summer?! My head felt roasted last night and it was a chilly eve  Shocked

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2018, 09:34:45 PM +0000 »

Not that I know of - When I really need to type I take it off and balance it on my head facing the screen Grin
I try and avoid taking it off once on though as a glasses wearer, way too much hassle as I always get at least one set of lenses dirty!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2018, 12:06:12 AM +0000 »

No they need VR support implemented I believe. Same with older flight sims as I found out yesterday. TrackiR is best option for older stuff to get head movement.
Ok, I'll stick with my TrackIR then

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2018, 11:52:53 AM +0000 »

last night when I fired up AC I couldn't get the rift to work even though the images were appearing on my monitors but blank in the headset. Today my rift seems to be acting as a pointing device in the oculus home page but I cant click on anything...any ideas?

so this morning I fired up AC and it worked fine in offline practise, but as soon as I try and join the server my oculus dies and I get a purple screen. I cant do anything until I ctrl/alt/del to task manager and shut down acs.exe, same as happened last night.  Huh
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:36:50 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2018, 12:41:24 PM +0000 »

Try unplugging everything and reinstall it, all I can suggest. Is it working in the demos on Oculus home page? Battery OK in remote?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2018, 12:55:40 PM +0000 »

If it hadn't been playing up in the Oculus home page I'd have simply suggested checking the settings in AC's setup are correctly pointing at the Rift still.
But with the other issues you list I'd suggest the same as Bob I think
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com