The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 07:44:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Oculus Rift in AC  (Read 5088 times)
Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2018, 03:15:38 PM +0000 »

Are you using a Nvidea gpu?  If so has the driver just updated?  See https://support.oculus.com/
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2018, 05:07:55 PM +0000 »

A good spot Ceolmor, maybe use that driver, although  I'm using latest Nvidia driver with no issues.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2018, 05:11:16 PM +0000 »

I got it working after an hour of sodding about. (A waste of good practise  time!) Pretty much had to reconfigure it all again from scratch which is really annoying  Angry that’s the third time in only 2 weeks, I just don’t get why it decides to just stop working when I haven’t changed any setting or hardware  Roll Eyes

Re nvidia I already had the latest driver installed but haven’t got yesterday’s release yet. Now I fear to!

Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2018, 06:18:16 PM +0000 »

Re nvidia I already had the latest driver installed but haven’t got yesterday’s release yet. Now I fear to!

I think Oculus are recommending NOT to use the latest drivers.

I am using a newer driver to the one they recommend with no issues, so maybe this has nothing to do with your problem.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2018, 06:30:31 PM +0000 »

Using driver 391.01 with no issues.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2018, 08:23:34 PM +0000 »

man this kit frustrates the hell out of me  Angry I wish people singing its praises had said how bloody temperamental and buggy it is too  Roll Eyes

After running the patch exe yesterday I got it all working okay again. Fire it up tonight for some practise and I get the bloody purple screen crap again in AC. I had to re-set up the whole thing yet again (5 times in 3 weeks!!) and then it gave me a usb driver error again...aaargh! pulled the plug out of pc and it decides all is fine with the world  Roll Eyes
so yet again this week practise time = zero, setting up a bloody rift = 40mins  hang

Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2018, 09:44:35 PM +0000 »

Apart from the fact that I am now on my third Rift due to replacements under warranty because the headphones failed, my Rift usually works in AC rock solid.  Certainly never had the purple screen problem or had to regularly re-setup.   Not very helpful I know, but it suggests there might be a conflict within your PC.  Have you looked to see what the issue might be with your PC?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2018, 11:08:52 PM +0000 »

Same, not had a purple screen before. I have had it refuse to initialise once or twice though.
As per the I.T. Crowd - 'Have you tried turning it off and on again?

This works on about 98% of all electronic goods - including machinery costing a million quid plus Wink

If it's happening that often though I'd be tempted to agree that something is up on your install.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2018, 11:20:19 PM +0000 »

I don’t see how it’s ‘my pc’ related as it would happen all the time, but it’s a possibility of course  Undecided it’s only in ac I get the purple screen occasionally and usually it’ll still work in the oculus front end. (But not always, which is when I have to go through the whole tedious process of reconfiguring it).
It’s a real pita especially when my spare time is so limited for practise  Sad

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2018, 09:21:39 AM +0000 »

I had yet more trouble with the rift just before last nights race. Once again I got the stupid usb driver needs updating message for the headset (it doesn’t) and I had to completely power off at the wall to clear it, where hey presto the message cleared.  Roll Eyes
I also find that 1 in 3 times I fire up AC the cockpit view is screwed up and I am constantly adjusting it via the app and having to resave the view. I assume this isn’t happening to you guys?
Are you all using the beta version of rift? I’m just using the out the box version.
It’s such a shame as it’s souring my view on using a rift as it’s fab in the race when you can literally look sideways at a car dicing with you in a corner etc    Sad but I’m at a loss as to what else I can try.  Undecided
I should add that it was finally running fairly stable until this new patch !  Angry
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:26:22 AM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2018, 02:00:42 PM +0000 »

I also find that 1 in 3 times I fire up AC the cockpit view is screwed up and I am constantly adjusting it via the app and having to resave the view. I assume this isn’t happening to you guys?
Are you all using the beta version of rift? I’m just using the out the box version.

I'm not using the beta version and I am not having the same problem.  When you get 'in-car' are you sitting looking forward and pressing CTRL+Space to recentre the headset?  I have this mapped to a button on my wheel.

When I was on Windows 7 there was an exclamation mark symbol in Devices in Oculus Home telling me I needed to update USB drivers, but I ignored this and everything worked OK.  This has gone now I have Windows 10.  I never got a pop up message though.  Does this appear inside the headset?  If not, I would be minded to ignore it.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2018, 04:52:14 PM +0000 »

Hi yes I use the ctrl/space to re centre.

I cannot ignore the red warning about usb drivers as I find it plays havoc with my other controllers, like the stweering wheel will just stop working mid lap, that’s why I had to exit and power down last night to clear the warning. The warning is under ‘devices’ In the oculus front end page, not a pop up.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2018, 05:15:02 PM +0000 »

With so many problems, I'd either return this unit and ask for another or do a clean Windows install.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2018, 05:49:14 PM +0000 »

Not being centered when arriving in your car will be down to the fact AC centers your view to where you're looking when the track loads - not where the rift software has been told you're supposed to be facing.
I've often jo is the server looking sideways or backwards because I hadn't put the headset on in time, and then had to go for a walk to find the drive button and reset.

As for the warnings on my sensors and/or rift, I tend to ignore them unless it really plays up as they seem related to the complete lack of interest shown to win 7 users.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2018, 09:58:39 PM +0000 »

Ironically I've just had a load of greif with mine - having had it working perfectly for a month with everything in USB3 ports the screen kept turning off after a minute or so in game.
If I was quick I'd see the message 'can not find rift' on the PC screen.
Even after a few resets it was still doing it.

I out one of the sensors into a USB2 and all is dandy again. If that's an option to you I'd suggest doing it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com