The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 09:06:41 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Competizione - The official Blancpain GT Series Game announced  (Read 9025 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 06:59:52 PM +0100 »

I really like this quote:
"I’d also like to point out a personal opinion.
I think simracers have been going way too far with controlling every single aspect of their tyres. I see videos with tons of apps that show in real time surface temps, real time wear, real time blistering/graining… everything. We are all craving for the best possible simulation and then we use all of that stuff… we are borderline cheating to be honest. So I’d like to return to a more realistic situation where you get the info real teams get and that’s it.
You want to see how much your tyres are worn with precision? Go back to the pits and read the depth. You can’t have it in real time while driving.
You want surface temp? Sorry no luck. Core temp and pressure, maybe yes. Again go to pits and check. Same for blistering graining and so on… "

I always hated the fact that you could see an accurate percentage of tyre wear, so I hope they can block those kinds of apps for everyone.

and btw: Prizes for the Early Access:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

They seem fair for the stages Smiley.
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 08:11:18 PM +0100 »

I really like this quote:
"I’d also like to point out a personal opinion.
I think simracers have been going way too far with controlling every single aspect of their tyres. I see videos with tons of apps that show in real time surface temps, real time wear, real time blistering/graining… everything. We are all craving for the best possible simulation and then we use all of that stuff… we are borderline cheating to be honest. So I’d like to return to a more realistic situation where you get the info real teams get and that’s it.
You want to see how much your tyres are worn with precision? Go back to the pits and read the depth. You can’t have it in real time while driving.
You want surface temp? Sorry no luck. Core temp and pressure, maybe yes. Again go to pits and check. Same for blistering graining and so on… "

I always hated the fact that you could see an accurate percentage of tyre wear, so I hope they can block those kinds of apps for everyone.

and btw: Prizes for the Early Access:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

They seem fair for the stages Smiley.

Exactly what I thought as well
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2018, 10:53:51 AM +0100 »

Will this game only ever be GT3s and will it be moddable?

I'll probably skip this one if it's just GT3s

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 11:16:59 AM +0100 »

Will this game only ever be GT3s and will it be moddable?

I'll probably skip this one if it's just GT3s

For now, yes. But it could be posible that in the future Kunos decides to add other SRO series (promoter of the Blancpain GT Series) such as GT4 or even more to the game.
Modding won't be actively supported by Kunos like it's the case with AC (so no modding tools etc). But the Unreal4 engine is moddable, so I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time until some of the smart modders figure out how to do it.
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2018, 05:37:38 PM +0100 »

The ACC Rating system. We want to help you to improve
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-acc-rating-system-we-want-to-help-you-to-improve.50766/

Very interesting
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 03:32:38 PM +0100 »

Aero.I believe I can fly…
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/aero-i-believe-i-can-fly%E2%80%A6.50787/
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 04:28:10 PM +0100 »

So far it sounds amazing. Seems like the game has far less content, but a lot more stuff under the bonnet/hood, which I prefer, as there is so much content not used in AC, so I'd rather have more quality.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 04:43:51 PM +0100 »

It's time they went out to people. Smiley Like to read what the Gods voices told us  Wink

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 06:50:48 PM +0100 »

seems like an AC 'Pro' edition, reading the links you guys have added, should be ace  Cool

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 11:13:45 AM +0100 »

Suspension and Spart... setups, I mean setups!
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/suspension-and-spart-setups-i-mean-setups.50846/
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 12:57:45 PM +0100 »

Phew!  smartass surrender will need to hire a race engineer before each race  Shocked

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 06:18:55 PM +0100 »

First impression: It's awesome. Despite only one car and one track yet, there are so many new things to discover. Manual engine start, wipers, indicators, night, rain etc Grin
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2018, 06:23:53 PM +0100 »

First impression: It's awesome. Despite only one car and one track yet, there are so many new things to discover. Manual engine start, wipers, indicators, night, rain etc Grin

Nice, sounds like some good stuff from NkPro are coming back.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2018, 07:28:26 PM +0100 »

I’ve downloaded it but prob won’t get a chance to try it until tomorrow eve

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 09:22:47 PM +0100 »

Downloading it now tonight's fun is over. Might have time for q quick to if I'm lucky
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com