The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 09:10:03 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Competizione - The official Blancpain GT Series Game announced  (Read 8972 times)
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2019, 09:35:23 PM +0100 »

Did wonder if you were SQ  Tongue. Can see you’ve spent far longer on this sim than I have  laugh I had my mirror distance only set to 20m so you and Simon kept disappearing and reappearing  Tongue I set it longer now.

Yep Tongue So I assume you didn't see the chat window at all? Because it shows the real name + nickname of the drivers.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 09:37:45 PM +0100 by nfsw55 » Logged
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2019, 09:43:36 PM +0100 »

I was seeing chat, then piddled myself off when I couldn't find a way to reply... It was all very simple, when I returned to the server... But everyone had left by then...  clown

Its as simple as hitting "enter", then typing... incase anyone else cares..  laugh
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2019, 10:24:31 PM +0100 »

I tried hitting enter but couldn’t see a chat line anywhere  Huh Tried it in pits and on track  Undecided

Shame you missed us Eck

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2019, 10:14:43 PM +0100 »

Public beta 1.0.2 out now.

Changelog:

GENERAL:
    - The .exe now starts in "-nohmd" mode if "-vr" is not specified.
    This now allows direct shortcuts with "-vr" command and reduces the number of required launch modes in Steam.
    - Fixed a crash when pausing the game from the helicam.

GAMEPLAY:
    - Added savegame system in Career and Championship modes.
    - Savegame feature is not available in Hotlap and Hotstint mode
    - Improved general .json encoding system.
    - Added structure to manage multiple savegames (Single Player).
    NOTE: not yet enabled in the public build.
    - Added auto-saving after complete sessions in Career and Championship.
    - Fixed driver stint status in savegame.
    - Fixed incorrectly forced 10-minute driver stint length in championship and career.
    - Fixed inaccurate session results in some savegames.
    - Fixed Fanatec LEDs building in reverse order (due to a change in the Fanatec SDK).
    - Updated controller presets.
    - Fixes to MP replays (e.g. flickering spawned cars when the replay was shorter than the session).
    - Fixes to game stability.
    - Tweaks to accident/yellow-flag highlights.
    - Fixed a bug of 'ghost cars' appearing in some cases in multiplayer highlights.
    - Added option to customize weather for championship rounds.
    NOTE: selecting "Custom" weather allows the player to customize the weather for every championship round before each event.
    - Fixed end-race cameras and car positions (e.g. back from replay after end-race highlights).
    - Fixed HUD disappearing after trying to play an invalid replay.
    - Revised AI skill levels in Career in various difficulty settings.
    - More straightforward session-end:
    Added status message at the end of sessions informing the player to wait for all opponents to cross the finish line before proceeding to the next session.
    - Fixed ignition turning off when killing the engine during pit stops.

UI:
    - Added mouse input in VR.
    - Fixed an issue with navigating the MFD in VR.
    - Fixed tyre sets section being incorrectly active when wet compound was selected in the tyre and strategy windows in the Setup screen.
    - Fixed incorrect title in the Championship car selection menu.

AUDIO:
    - Audio communications optimization.

GRAPHICS:
    - Added another AA method.
    Temporal is now more effective against jaggies, while KTAA is more effective against ghosting.
    - Revised steering animations on various cars to delay hands switching over too early.
    - Fixed rim speed different from tyre speed.
    - Fixed slow motion rim/tyre speed in replays.

MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
    - Reduced the join lag when a new car model joins a session.
    - Drivers cannot join ongoing race sessions anymore (server settings option "isRaceLocked").
    - Fixed race track status not being properly reset after the race session.
    - Changed the way backend systems store data, so data is still correctly saved even under high loads.
    - Racecraft Rating calculations are temporarily suspended.
    - Rating widget now will correctly detect reconnections. While disconnected, it will simply dissapear.
    - Backend systems performance improvements.
    - Advanced MP options: Fixed the slider weights for night and rain.
    - Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "clean": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
    - Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "latency": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
    - Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of track weights, especially low values will massively rank down corresponding servers.
    - Matching now (almost) ignores servers in race sessions, instead of ranking them down.
    - Fixed CP servers not showing up for a number of user IP addresses.

PHYSICS & FFB:
    - Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa.
    Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".

How to access the beta builds:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/about-the-public-beta-branch.57636/
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2019, 11:13:59 AM +0100 »

"Fixed", fixed, fixed, fixed..... fixed?"
Public beta testing... Strange way in released "ready product" development and attemps to take help from fanats. They still trying to forge hot iron at the expense of fans. Sad
Looks like i will not be in from among, as was the case with AC1, where a half of game in final was ( and continue) to making by fanats. Not Kunos..  Angry
Due ACC architecture is closed ( black box), better I'll wait  some mounth , using ACC only for fun and learning. Let devs try to clean product without me.  
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 11:20:29 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2019, 12:38:02 PM +0100 »

yeah but this is the way every sim is released these days sadly. Cant remember the last one that came out that didn't need multiple patches to put right and then also need to pay extra for dlc that should have been included anyway  Roll Eyes  I just don't know why they don't develop it behind closed doors first rather than get all the negative publicity that goes with a buggy release. But maybe by throwing it out to the big wide world they get more technical feedback and system combinations than they could ever possibly test in house  Undecided

Shall we run a test race this week or not? I think we should try one and see how it pans out.  Smiley

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2019, 12:49:42 PM +0100 »

yeah but this is the way every sim is released these days sadly. Cant remember the last one that came out that didn't need multiple patches
Codemasters F1 products ( esp latest formulas) and brilliant and unbelievable DirtRally . How DirtRally game was burn for us- i still dont underatsand btw.  Grin

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2019, 12:51:59 PM +0100 »

Shall we run a test race this week or not? I think we should try one and see how it pans out.  Smiley
IMHO, only after 1.0.2 will be officially released. Or may be 1.0.8...  Angry

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2019, 01:06:19 PM +0100 »

Why Jeff Back doing these things in best quality not depends of all real world things and health state... ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdCGdL3R0n0

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2019, 04:05:30 PM +0100 »

I agree.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2019, 04:52:18 PM +0100 »

Guess I'll try it - I still don't see it keeping the online presence of AC for long though, esp with all the bugs and the fact It only has a locked number of cars and tracks.

Also because I'll have to slum it in 3d...
If they fix the Rift I'll suddenly become a very big fan I think - esp once the latest upgrades to my home brew controls are complete (next week I'm hoping, maybe even in time for the race!).
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2019, 08:41:38 PM +0100 »

IT still feels very 'early access' as menus havent been updated to add info. Been mainly lapping on my own as i tried a quick race at silverstone and the cars just stopped after doing a very slow pace lap.

Looking through the server list just seems that they are all passworded, so tried matchmaking twice and jumping on a server but It feels like its lacking in features for multiplayer; cant see what session times are, no chat window.

With the extra view settings introduced in the last patch the view is improved on triples, but arnt you able to move the UI around on screen? I've been enjoying myself driving silverstone in a few cars but would be good to see what its like in a race environment.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2019, 11:21:06 PM +0100 »

IT still feels very 'early access' as menus havent been updated to add info. Been mainly lapping on my own as i tried a quick race at silverstone and the cars just stopped after doing a very slow pace lap.

I assume this happened during a SP race? Never had this before (and I already did lots of SP races), the AI is always doing a reasonable speed during the full formation lap for me. Maybe you can try to set the formation lap to "last corner" in the settings, this should work 100%.

Looking through the server list just seems that they are all passworded, so tried matchmaking twice and jumping on a server but It feels like its lacking in features for multiplayer; cant see what session times are, no chat window.

Not sure what you did but both features are already implemented. Chat window appears by pressing "enter" (this was already mentioned a few times in this thread) and if somebody else wrote a message and session times (I guess you mean the laptimes of the other drives) will appear on the left side of your screen. If not, you need to assign a button to the MFD (multifunctional display) and browse through it.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2019, 05:31:31 PM +0100 »

are all the tracks & cars available now? Still spent such little time with it or reading about it.

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2019, 08:30:14 PM +0100 »

are all the tracks & cars available now? Still spent such little time with it or reading about it.
Yep, ten tracks and 17 cars Wink
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com