The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 08:55:13 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Competizione - The official Blancpain GT Series Game announced  (Read 8970 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2019, 08:17:04 AM +0100 »

Wanna setup a race for tonight? Short notice I know but even if it's only a handful it means we can get a meaningful test to export the results from.

Do dynamic weather and pit stops, but not night and just make it 20-30 min race or something like that.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2019, 08:32:02 AM +0100 »

@ picnic, i was on there last night for about half hour but didnt see another soul. Server seemed okay.

@shark, yes the plan was to run a race tonight, just for the fun of it. Will run it dry and try and chuck a shower in just to see its affects on tyres and ffx and ffb etc. (assuming Pete has sussed how to do get it do that?)

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2019, 08:37:24 AM +0100 »

assuming Pete has sussed how to do get it do that?
I've not, I can do random weather but I've not a clue how to make it rain at a particular time in the session.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2019, 08:43:54 AM +0100 »

Race post added.  Smiley Will see if anyone can enlighten us on weather through the day. I stuck with Zolder just because a few of us have been putting laps in and its a change from the norm trackwise.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2019, 11:42:19 AM +0100 »

Did anyone get on the server last night? I see it's not running this morning so I assume the game crashed at some point. The only 2 result files I have so far are the ones I created testing on Monday. I still don't have a race result file just one each from practice and qualifying.

I went on for about 40 mins. Server was running a wet track with no rain, broken clouds, and the first light of dawn slowly getting lighter as it was 5:30am.
Utterly spectacular to look at, but I'd actually gone on to continue comparing cars so quit back to career mode after a good long drive.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2019, 12:04:38 PM +0100 »

How was it 5AM? The sessions are meant to start at 10am (P) then 2pm for q and r. Longest session is 45 mins

frex

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2019, 02:47:16 PM +0100 »

So I finally got around to trying this and I have the same problem as in AC - namely that I cannot get a decent feel for steering with my wheel. It's either impossibly twitchy and sensitive, or I just don't have enough steering lock to get comfortably around the slower corners. I've tried playing with steering rotation and scale settings in the options, and also with different steering ratios in the car setup screen which has helped, but still can't get it how I would like it. My wheel has only 220 degrees rotation - anyone else with a low rotation wheel, and if so what settings are you using? I've tried trawling through the official forums but not found anything useful.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2019, 03:55:47 PM +0100 »

How was it 5AM? The sessions are meant to start at 10am (P) then 2pm for q and r. Longest session is 45 mins

Don't ask me guv. I just drove it  Tongue
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 05:19:43 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2019, 06:36:04 PM +0100 »

So I finally got around to trying this and I have the same problem as in AC - namely that I cannot get a decent feel for steering with my wheel. It's either impossibly twitchy and sensitive, or I just don't have enough steering lock to get comfortably around the slower corners. I've tried playing with steering rotation and scale settings in the options, and also with different steering ratios in the car setup screen which has helped, but still can't get it how I would like it. My wheel has only 220 degrees rotation - anyone else with a low rotation wheel, and if so what settings are you using? I've tried trawling through the official forums but not found anything useful.

ye gods man, what archaic wheel are you using?  blink

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2019, 06:41:34 PM +0100 »

Don't forget that Windows has it's own USB Controller app where you can limit wheel rotation.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2019, 12:02:40 PM +0100 »

New public beta build available:

1.0.3 Preview:

GENERAL:
    - Audio optimizations to lower the memory footprint.
    - Fixes to overall game stability and added logging.

GAMEPLAY:
    - Fixed a rare bug that failed to turn on the ignition in AI cars.
    - Fixed driver swap missing in Race 2 of career race weekends.
    - Fixed autosave not storing tyre set wear data.
    - Fixed random weather not randomizing ambient temperature.
    - Fixed potential issue not auto saving replays

GRAPHICS:
    - Fixed disabled driver foot animations in the Mercedes-AMG GT3.

UI/HUD:
    - Revamped controller options menu, allowing keyboard, direct-input and X-input customization.
    NOTE: old controller presets will continue to work.
    - Fixed widget position when the car crosses the finish line.
    - Camera movement and look-with-wheel sliders activate/deactivate in relevant camera modes.
    - Fixed a bug on the weather page that allowed rain level without cloud level after entering the page.
    - Fixed confusing behaviour of random track button on the weather UI.
    - Fixed weather summary incorrectly reporting dynamic weather disabled with random weather on.
    - Fixed podium sequence not responding to mapped pause key.
    - Fixed championship AI aggression being incorrectly limited to 80-100%.
    - Default championship settings updated.
    - Resume button added inside the main Championship and Career pages.
    - Revised layout organization of race-end messages.
    - Fixed wind speed not being absolute value.

VR:
    - Mouse in VR: added wheel and scroll bar support.
    - Fix to the HUD stereo layer clipping with the car geometry.

RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
    - The "too slow for Eau Rouge" fix introduced in 1.0.1 is now more accurate.
    - Fixed an issue where cars can load without setup (=no ABS/TC) applied / HUD invisible.
    - Entrylists can now use "isAdmin" as intended.
    - Entrylists can now use "overrideDriverInfo" as intended.
    - Added ServerAdminHandbook v1 to the server folder.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2019, 12:59:57 PM +0100 »

New public beta build available:
Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
MaxVeloce
« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2019, 05:29:47 PM +0100 »

haha

As much as I'm disappointed VR is not really up to the job yet, and various other bits need a good polish, remember AC at v1.0...   it took a lot of work after that to get it where it is, so I'm going to continue to hope that Kunos will deliver again

Sorry I missed the test race, but as said before, VR is just bad ATM, and then I saw people were also having problems with getting it to start via simcommander (which I use), I decided to just wait till those issues are sorted rather than get annoyed with it being unfinished...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:32:47 PM +0100 by MaxVeloce » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2019, 08:55:30 PM +0100 »

are we running another open ACC server on a different circuit? That way we can drop in and out and do a few laps with different cars  Smiley

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2019, 10:07:04 AM +0100 »

BTW ACC game is absolutely not ready for any MP championships. I can to point 100 reasons of it, but guys, just beleave me and forget about serious racing here. I am talking to Mark and other admins. Just relacs about ACC.  Smiley Let they do the game ready for MP ( and SP) first. Or lets they live with a shame being  released this "simulator v1.0".
Mark, what about next series in AC1?  Wink  
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:29:39 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com