The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 01:45:00 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Competizione - The official Blancpain GT Series Game announced  (Read 9004 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2018, 09:52:14 AM +0100 »

I watched a rain race video last night in YouTube and it looked very impressive.

Is multiplayer enabled for this early release? Will hopefully take it for a spin tonight  Smiley

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2018, 10:02:09 AM +0100 »

Just tested 1.5 hour in all modes. Good beginning . I'll put 4 of 5. Smiley
Only one thing is bad for me- trees textures not looking good ( esp in day time) and slightly cartoonish graphics in overall. FPS is good.
FFb- first just set it to same values what you guys use in AC . In profilers and in game. Phisics is interesting. I have no lights on ( only flashlights) not depends automatic or manual settings.
AI has not enough fuel for special event and stopped after few laps )))
So. I am calm with ACC. All i planning to do is waiting for Early acess roadmap changing and hope it will be a solid good product  Smiley
Double so: AC1 is still the main simulator for us  Smiley I was more and more impressed from AC early acess start and had a full path with it. Not so sure about ACC here.  Smiley
PS Ingame sound is very good! May be slightly overspaced and cartoonish in headpfones. But in speakers it's a top notch imo )  
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:12:00 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2018, 10:05:31 AM +0100 »

Is multiplayer enabled for this early release? Will hopefully take it for a spin tonight  Smiley
MP is later in roadmap. In some month. I think all will be ready to final reliase- not earlier ))) in Q1 2019 we will se a final product.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2018, 10:53:24 AM +0100 »

If you cant turn on your headlights, Turn the visible opponents setting off in the menue, its a known bug.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2018, 12:19:10 PM +0100 »

Only briefly tried it but spent most of the time trying to sort out all the options, controllers graphics etc. Doesn't look great across triple screens with no formal support yet. Couldn't get the FOV setting to look even half ok without stretching the car so much.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2018, 04:01:29 PM +0100 »

I'll probably be the first to say it, but I'm not impressed with the physics/FFB.

I can't get the wheel set up in a linear fashion, like it does in AC.

There seems to be 0 lateral grip with these tires. Try going backwards and pressing the brakes fully, you will spin around the center axis. It's the same pivoting feel I had with rF2 and PC. For me there is no feeling of steering the car and feeling the fronts do the work, feels more like steering the whole body, bit like a JCB  Tongue.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2018, 04:23:15 PM +0100 »

I'll probably be the first to say it, but I'm not impressed with the physics/FFB.

There seems to be 0 lateral grip with these tires. Try going backwards and pressing the brakes fully, you will spin around the center axis. It's the same pivoting feel I had with rF2 and PC. For me there is no feeling of steering the car and feeling the fronts do the work, feels more like steering the whole body, bit like a JCB  Tongue.

I feel near the same FFB and front grip like in AC1. FFB is some harder in overall.  ( trying agressive set ) One big difference is here- driving over curbs now is more better, car is more hard but stabil over curbs IMHO.
PS Aris said that 1 mm of ride height is very sensitible to car behaviour. Try it- may be it helps you , Jeff. I am calm here till next spring  Wink 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 04:26:27 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2018, 06:27:08 PM +0100 »

I was fairly impressed with my quick to last night. Probably won't get much time to play with it for a while now though as have a wedding this weekend and am going to the ring the following weekend.
I have the joy of changing brakes tonight - much prefer just needing to click on a menu Wink
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2018, 06:52:29 PM +0100 »

Audio - Monkey hear, monkey do!
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads%2Faudio-monkey-hear-monkey-do.51069%2F
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2018, 08:03:42 PM +0100 »

...a wedding this weekend...

Wasa Waza are you absolutely sure?  Shocked Grin

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2018, 10:31:00 AM +0100 »

There seems to be 0 lateral grip with these tires. Try going backwards and pressing the brakes fully, you will spin around the center axis. It's the same pivoting feel I had with rF2 and PC. For me there is no feeling of steering the car and feeling the fronts do the work, feels more like steering the whole body, bit like a JCB  Tongue.

I did see this mentioned on the AC forum, do maybe it gets better for your Jeff
Aris has acknowledged already that there may be a problem with the T500 FFb in ACC, and that they are looking into it

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2018, 10:35:48 AM +0100 »

I did see this mentioned on the AC forum, do maybe it gets better for your Jeff
Aris has acknowledged already that there may be a problem with the T500 FFb in ACC, and that they are looking into it

Thanks Stefan, that's good to hear. I'm impressed you remembered I have the T500 Smiley.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2018, 07:33:46 AM +0100 »

Where did you see that info Stefan?

Saw a video of Gamermuscle and he experienced the same thing as I did with his T300, and I think that wheel is pretty much identical as the T500. He was complaining about the excessive amount of dampening effects, which could  be the problem, as I turned all those effects off in AC.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2018, 11:00:36 AM +0100 »

Of was mentioned in the general acc thread. But it had a separate help thread.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/issues-with-t500-rs-gear-shifter.50919/

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2018, 04:39:03 PM +0100 »

Of was mentioned in the general acc thread. But it had a separate help thread.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/issues-with-t500-rs-gear-shifter.50919/
Thanks. Not sure what they want you to delete, but I'll try a few things  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com