The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 08:12:13 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Competizione - The official Blancpain GT Series Game announced  (Read 8938 times)
nfsw55

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2018, 02:00:27 PM +0000 »

Kunos just announced their next game:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/en/

First playable preview version will be shown in June at the Misano World Circuit.

ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE UNVEILED
Assetto Corsa Competizione, the new official game of the Blancpain GT series, an official grand touring racing series, named after world-renowned Swiss watch manufacture Blancpain and organized by SRO Motorsports Group, will be speeding onto Steam Early Access this summer.

Featuring an extraordinary level of simulation quality that allows players to experience the unique atmosphere of this GT3 Series, players can compete against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.

Taking full advantage of Unreal Engine 4, Assetto Corsa Competizione will ensure the highest quality rendering with photorealistic weather conditions and graphics to reach a new standard in driving realism and immersion racing. Players will experience highspeed torque as they get behind the wheel of luxurious speedsters including Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens and many other prestigious GT cars reproduced with an outstanding level of detail. Motion capture technology is used to create the animations of mechanics and drivers in an even more realistic fashion and guarantee a high level of player engagement during races, pit stops and driver changes.

In the final version of the game, players can expect advanced multiplayer functionality with Assetto Corsa Competizione, including a ranking system which will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:19:34 PM +0000 by nfsw55 » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 02:25:27 PM +0000 »

Looks good, so a completely new game on an interesting engine.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:12:36 PM +0000 »

Cool  Shocked Cool something to look forward to. Hope they get Aston and Jag onboard.

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:30:47 PM +0000 »

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDwvKqlVo1Y

And some more information:
The Blancpain GT Series is set to join the fast-growing world of sim racing with the release of its first official game, Assetto Corsa Competizione, which will give players an opportunity to experience the unique thrill of high-speed GT3 competition.

Produced by Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games, Assetto Corsa Competizione will set the standard in driving realism with the highest quality graphics and photo-realistic weather conditions.

From sprint races to endurance contests, players will be able to get behind the wheel of GT cars from all manufacturers represented in the 2018 Blancpain GT Series season, with each reproduced to an outstanding level of detail.

There will also be the opportunity to compete in different moments of the iconic Total 24 Hours of Spa, with a dynamic weather system recreating the famously unpredictable climate at the Ardennes track.

Laser scan technology will ensure that every circuit and car is recreated with the highest level of precision, with the smallest details perfectly matching the real world, while multi-channel audio sampling of actual GT cars will place players at trackside.

What’s more, motion capture technology will re-create the movements of mechanics and drivers in an even more realistic fashion and guarantee a high level of player engagement during races, pit stops and driver changes.

For online play, a highly intelligent ranking system will evaluate individual performance and driving behaviour to reward the most skilled competitors and promote fairness. Efficient matchmaking functions will ensure players compete with opponents of similar skill level and can easily find and join races online.

Leaderboards will allow players to compare single-lap performance with virtual drivers from around the world using the same car, circuit and weather conditions. Career, Championship and Free Play modes will also be available, offering a customised racing experience for all ability levels.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is set to arrive on Steam Early Access during summer 2018, when players will have a chance to test upcoming features and content that will be disclosed in due course.
https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/news/1173/blancpain-gt-series-announces-move-into-sim-racing-with-assetto-corsa-competizione

So a early access is scheduled for this summer.
Driver changes will be included aswell as animated pitstops and mechanics.
If everythings goes to plan and the whole Blancpain GT Series will be replicated, then this is the expected content so far:

Tracks:

Zolder (new)
Monza (already in AC)
Brandsa Hatch (already in AC)
Silverstone (already in AC)
Le Castellet (new)
Misano (new)
Spa-Francorchamps (already in AC)
Budapest (new)
Nürburgring (already in AC)
Barcelona (already in AC)

Cars:

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 (new)
Audi R8 LMS
Bentley Continental GT3 (new)
BMW M6 GT3 (new)
Ferrari 488 GT3
Jaguar XK G3 (new)
Lamborghini Gallardo R-EX (new)
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Lexus RCF GT3 (new)
McLaren 650s GT3
Mercedes AMG GT3
Nissan GTR GT3 (new model for 2018)
Porsche 911 GT3R

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:14:46 PM +0100 by nfsw55 » Logged
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 03:51:10 PM +0000 »

Sweet. Driving in the dark in the rain with AC physics is gonna be insane  Tongue

I was looking at the site at around 3 minutes after the announcement came out; database error. Guess to many people wanted to know at the same time  Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 04:53:59 PM +0000 »

This is causing some stirrings down below  Grin
Hope they keep Rift functionality after I spent all that wonga last month!  Cheesy
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 05:23:30 PM +0000 »

This game 'll be cool, but i don't like GTs and modern cars in general. I 'll continue with AC and the few historical cars... Undecided
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 06:07:00 PM +0000 »

Hey I just realised, they owe me royalties as I brought the popular Blancpain series to AC first !  Grin
Give me my money ...or a Huracan  Tongue

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 03:31:04 AM +0000 »

Wow!  Shocked Very VERY good news from Kunos !  IMHO- if this will be a step to AC2( ?) - it's very wise decision! It will be not so big time delay ( less than 0,5 years, and very good way to test the very cool new futures in new graphics engine. And good way to got our money.  Grin
Very good surprise for me. I believe that Competizione will be very good sim, ready to drive. They had very hard work with AC and they know how to make new one  and what the sim it's should be. AC1 was a big "live traning\sim building\ community communication" experience for Kunos.
+ new BP content . Ahh!  
I remember the times ( very first 2-3 years ) when AC found and took his way. It was genius way- a lot of criticism and a lot of fun and community interest.
So i believe that new game will be more ready for hardcore racing simulator.
Long live AC and Kunos team! Smiley

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:20:51 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 09:04:46 AM +0000 »

Impressive features if they can get it right. The new GTR3 is here!  Cool Especially interesting to see if they can get the physics/tire model better to rival rF2.
Just slightly disappointing that it is just GT3 (which is understandable of course) and will split the sim racing community even further. I am hoping too that this is the first step to AC2.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 05:45:45 PM +0000 »

I guess alot of people have forgotten the GTR3 announcement which also plans to use the Unreal engine.

Nice to see an actual licensed series.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 07:38:35 PM +0000 »

I guess alot of people have forgotten the GTR3 announcement which also plans to use the Unreal engine.

Nice to see an actual licensed series.

that was announced in feb last year i think and the latest i heard is that it was cancelled.. :S

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 08:39:31 PM +0000 »

Oh, cancelled? Admittedly its been a while without hearing anything but thats not new!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 12:17:34 AM +0000 »

Just slightly disappointing that it is just GT3 (which is understandable of course) and will split the sim racing community even further. I am hoping too that this is the first step to AC2.
I think that ACC with  "limited" GT3 ( BP) content ( +5 cars and +5 tracks as i remember) making good TEST platform for AC2. I hope so.  Also i hope that BP cars here will have a better BOP and tyres and phisics. In result they will have a tested and community approved ( or not  Grin) new futures earlier than it will be in "clear AC2 full content" sim release ( during next 1-2 years?) BP is good here becouse GT3 is still most wanted popular cars for sim competition, have 2\3 part  ready content already . There is a big working time economy, IMHO. It will not split a community. Historic content we will use in AC. Any other sim have such content amounts? Not such sims as i know  Smiley
So , IMHO, Masarutto and Casillo wise here in most of dev aspects. This making me calm in AC forum and i can continue to make my silent\semiacoustic\electro guitar for my hobby.     Grin    
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:23:35 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 06:43:13 PM +0100 »

A good read from Aris about Tires/Aero/suspensions etc in ACC:

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Another great journey is about to begin!
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-competizione-another-great-journey-is-about-to-begin.50723/

Tyres! oh... it's raining...
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tyres-oh-its-raining.50739/

more episodes will follow in the coming days

and btw: Prizes for the Early Access:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 06:46:31 PM +0100 by nfsw55 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com