The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 16, 2024, 08:04:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Competizione - The official Blancpain GT Series Game announced  (Read 8917 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2019, 09:36:08 AM +0100 »

okay i think best to use a track we are all familiar with for starters, as there will be enough new stuff to learn as it is. All cars available. We could throw a rain shower into the mix  Undecided

How about Paul Ricard as its the official Blancpain test circuit? plus plenty of run off if you make an error  Wink but otherwise open to track suggestions.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2019, 12:52:38 PM +0100 »

okay i think best to use a track we are all familiar with for starters, as there will be enough new stuff to learn as it is. All cars available. We could throw a rain shower into the mix  Undecided

How about Paul Ricard as its the official Blancpain test circuit? plus plenty of run off if you make an error  Wink but otherwise open to track suggestions.

One of my least favourite tracks, my vote goes for Zolder but I will race whichever track we choose  Smiley

I think we should stick to a dry track for this first race, from memory when we did the odd wet race in GTR2 you had to do loads of practice beforehand just to keep it on the tarmac
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2019, 04:41:46 PM +0100 »

funnily enough i was going to suggest Zolder, but wasnt sure many had driven it.  Undecided  But lets go for that as an equaliser  Smiley

@Pete and DG, there is no ACC category in LM2 so not sure how to go about setting up a race event for it this wednesday. Can you add a 40minute race ? I'd like it dry but with a shower at some point in the race, just so we get a feel for the varying track conditions available. Think we'll leave stops out of it this time, unless we need rain tyres  Wink
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:45:33 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2019, 04:51:01 PM +0100 »

Send Dave a PM MJ, it's not something I can do in LM2 ASAIK.

I'll try and get the server up later with a rain shower included at Zolder, however I won't have time to drive it so who knows if it'll be right!

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2019, 05:22:44 PM +0100 »

What's wrong with Monza?
The servers been on it for over a week so I (and probably most others) thought that's where the race would be anyway.
The only people who won't know it have presumably just landed from Pluto.
And there are plenty of chicanes to crash into each other in  Wink
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2019, 06:31:26 PM +0100 »

@Pete and DG, there is no ACC category in LM2

Does it make sense to set it up as an AC 'mod' rather than a separate sim, specifically, are the exports identical to AC and likely to remain so (I assume the game engine is identical)?

To finish first, first you must have fins.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2019, 07:24:43 PM +0100 »

Does it make sense to set it up as an AC 'mod' rather than a separate sim, specifically, are the exports identical to AC and likely to remain so (I assume the game engine is identical)?
I doubt it's the same engine, definitely changed the GFX engine as it's based on the Unreal Engine now but all the server configuration settings are in a new format. I've just looked on the server and can't see any result files produced while it's been running these past few days. That's a bit worrying. Off to investigate.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2019, 07:41:17 PM +0100 »

I saw a server app for ACC over on RD the other day, don't know if that's something we need to use.  Undecided

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/accservermanager.25724/

theres also this:- https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/accdirector.27014/

I didn't know Monza had run all week, I presumed Pete had set it to run random tracks throughout the week. I was only on it one night. I don't mind if we keep Monza as the event, its only a test race.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2019, 07:51:49 PM +0100 »

The 2nd is a program I think so you can play as a TV director, nothing to do with server configuration.

I'm going to have to stop and start the server several times this evening I suspect so if you're on it apologies.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2019, 08:07:26 PM +0100 »

ps...who wants to be race director for ACC? Someone else can step up to the plate.  walkman

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2019, 09:11:33 PM +0100 »

Maybe this thread will be useful:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-server-admin-handbook-thread.58245/
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2019, 09:38:00 PM +0100 »

Yeah I found that earlier and got the PDF. That thread doesn't make good reading, it seems they're releasing stuff before documenting it.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2019, 09:45:37 PM +0100 »

Sorry I was on the phone when the game moved from practice to qual and I got kicked, did you 2 get dumped as well? Looks like the server crashed.

BTW I've changed the server name to "SimRacingOrgUk Test" so it's easier to search for.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2019, 10:15:24 PM +0100 »

Yeah I got kicked and then I couldn’t find the server for next ten mins so gave up.

Not sure Zolder is a great choice for the first race after doing some laps. Great old school track that it is, it is tight and narrow and some corners feel clumsy in these chunky modern gt cars  Undecided I expect any passing will be done via others mistakes  Wink

Got to say this sim looks amazing on my rig and absolutely flys in FPS. The corners come up so quickly I’m having to re calibrate my brain to keep up  Tongue it’s faster than AC  Shocked

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2019, 10:15:29 PM +0100 »

Hi guys!
For Pete- i've configured and tested new server futures , documented in Minolin's handbook. You can use my files as example. Session results are writing to disk only after session ends (be warned)  Smiley
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcjf97ba02ocupg/server%20Baikal%20ACC%201.0.2%20example.rar?dl=0
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:17:12 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com