The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 07:46:27 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Competizione - The official Blancpain GT Series Game announced  (Read 8930 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2019, 10:38:42 PM +0100 »

Thanks Alexey, I'll download that. I think I know why the server crashed, I hadn't created the results folder for it to write the data to. I started it again and I now have a file, sadly it's just numbers in the name, that'll make it hard to work out which file is which session type.

And the result file looks similar to AC but different.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2019, 10:58:29 PM +0100 »

And the result file looks similar to AC but different.

This files need's a results parser. I am sure- very soon this parser ( or service) will be available from moders or fanats, just monitor official forum,(s) Smiley

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 11, 2019, 02:06:39 PM +0100 »

did we get anywhere with being able to set up a race thread for wedsnesday?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 11, 2019, 02:52:56 PM +0100 »

If you used the normal practice password for the event then there is nothing to stop you posting a race announcement. Obviously don't post the password but tell people like I did when I got the practice server up. The result files are still an unknown and Dave will have to write/source a new parser for them but to do this he will need some sample files.

I got a couple from last night but for some reason no race one was produced, I'm guessing because I never finished the race.

BTW the race for me last night started wet and my helpful engineer kept telling me I would be better off on wet tyres, however when I came in to the pits I could see how I could change tyres but not how to choose the compound. Anyone know how to?

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2019, 03:11:50 PM +0100 »

BTW the race for me last night started wet and my helpful engineer kept telling me I would be better off on wet tyres, however when I came in to the pits I could see how I could change tyres but not how to choose the compound. Anyone know how to?
Step1 : In race , circle MFD screens using Shift-D ( as i remember) keys, find Pitstop menu.
Step 2: change  "change tires" check box. Tires menu will appear. Choice tyres you want , psi ...
Step3: go to pit
Stupid procedure. I hate it and many ppl too. Pit menu is must to be choiced using separate button and contain all avaliable options without additional checkboxes.. They reading our posts about this nonsense . Will see.. But not sure  Smiley  

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2019, 03:12:47 PM +0100 »

I suggest a test schedule something along the lines of:

1) Barcelona - Dry (green start)
2) Silverstone - 50% wet all race
3) Spa - First 10 minutes dry, then rain up to 70% wet
4) Brands - 50% wet at start, then slowly drying.
5) Nurburgring - Dry night race.

That way you pretty much test everything. Can the tyres last 40 minutes in the dry, as mine already have blisters after a few laps.

The cars are not that balanced, the Honda is too slow (confirmed by Kunos) and the Lambo ST is seconds off pace (guess another class). I haven't tried the Porsche Cup, but that one had no TC and was pretty slow as well IIRC.

I'm testing all the cars at Silverstone to roughly see where they stand. Using the aggressive setup and doing a few laps until I feel like there isn't that much to gain anymore. So far the list looks like this:

Audi/Lexus/Bentley: 1:56.9
Lambo 1:57.3
McLaren 1:57.6
Porsche 1:57.7 (Used safe setup for this one, as aggressive was too much to handle, so times will probably be faster with a more aggressive setup)
BMW 1:57.8
Merc/Ferrari: 1:57.9
Nissan 1:58.2
Honda 1:59.3
Lambo ST 2:03.5
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2019, 03:23:26 PM +0100 »

Yes Jeffrey, the Huracan Super Trofeo and the 911 GT3 Cup are from the "national" class and only competed during the 24hrs of Spa and are several seconds off the GT3 pace.
The NSX is pretty much useless everywhere, super slow on the straights and also not very fast in corners, same goes for the 2015 Nissan GTR GT3 which is way faster on the straights but nearly standing still in corners Cheesy Gallardo R-Ex is only competitive at Monza. 2015 Bentley is not that bad, but rather "average" on every track ( the 2018 versions of both the Bentley and Nissan are fairly good tho)
All the other cars are quite equal respectively all have their own advantages/disadvantages depending on the track.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 03:39:54 PM +0100 by nfsw55 » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2019, 04:57:33 PM +0100 »

welcome back Jeff fancy being the ACC Race director? There is a vacant seat needs filling.  Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2019, 05:32:01 PM +0100 »

I think tires will easily last 40 mins, I'm still going faster on them after sessions of up to about 30 mins.
If you're blistering them it normally means you're over-working them or have done 1 skid more than you should (i.e. you've a big skid, spun, or had too little ABS interference Grin ).

The Porsche cup is quite a nice car to drive I think, as you'd expect given it's pretty much the same car as the GT3 Cup car from AC that we all like.
Haven't tried the Lambo ST yet, although it looks cool so i need to.
I actually quite like the NSX, but haven't written down my lap times in it so no idea how fast it isn't versus the rest (has ACC seriously got no fastest lap screen? Or am I just utterly blind?).

I could be tempted to run the series, but it'll be pretty limited I would have thought given the tiny number of car and track options.
I have some ideas for things to maybe spice it up (using the 911 and ST as Jokers for instance, with a points multiplier but free choice which race they have to be used in for example. If they're far enough off the pace and the interest exists for longer races (these cars should really be circulating for an hour minimum I'd argue, that will naturally bring in pit strategy and allow for random weather to do it's thing) then they become a legitimate slower class of backmarkers to introduce a new element to the races.
Only issue is that if you are the only driver to play a joker you may be quite lonely - option 2 is you MUST play your joker at one of 3/4 specified rounds as this should ensure a few fellow idiots. I dislike forcing a hand like that though as the whole point is it's down to the driver to weigh stuff up and make the leap of faith..

To start though, something along the lines of Jeffreys' test plan with no silly added rules would be perfect to help ease people in and also makes it clear in advance what sort of weather to expect.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2019, 05:42:04 PM +0100 »

@MarkJ, I've added a distinct sim entry for ACC, so you can set events up in LM2, though as Picnic says, you obviously won't be able to import them as there's no code to do so.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2019, 06:29:00 PM +0100 »

I prefer the first series to be without too much added trickery.

Not sure if ACC has success ballast?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2019, 07:02:56 PM +0100 »

@MarkJ, I've added a distinct sim entry for ACC, so you can set events up in LM2, though as Picnic says, you obviously won't be able to import them as there's no code to do so.

Thanks for doing that Dave.  Smiley

Not sure we are anywhere near doing a series yet, just some test and familiarisation races for starters me-thinks.
Those few slow cars are meant to be in their own class as Nfsw mentioned.

Shouldn't we stick with Zolder or monza this week as that's what we've been practising with? We only have tonight as any kind of pre practise  Undecided  unless of course you already have Barcelona running on the server?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 07:39:52 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2019, 07:42:13 PM +0100 »

Hi Jeff!  Welcome back!  Smiley

Not sure we are anywhere near doing a series yet, just some test and familiarisation races for starters me-thinks.
Those few slow cars are meant to be in their own class as Nfsw mentioned.

Shouldn't we stick with Zolder or monza this week as that's what we've been practising with? We only have tonight as any kind of pre practise  Undecided
I am starting 13 june in 6 events thurthday's series in russian league. First Monza it will be. 55 minutes race ( because ACC replay file is limited by 1 hour for now), with mandatory pit changing tires, optimal values in random weather. Will see what it will be  Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2019, 10:15:33 PM +0100 »

Was thinking you must be able to export results somehow as they have already run at least one big e-sport race (Monza) using ACC  Undecided

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2019, 08:02:45 AM +0100 »

I think we can get results from ACC, so they are meant to be exported, but if you can't understand them.......

This is why we need some test events, to see how the game really works, to test weather, pits stops etc. but also to get representative result files so Dave has something to work on to create an importer. I've not seen any documentation of the json file format so Dave needs real data.

Did anyone get on the server last night? I see it's not running this morning so I assume the game crashed at some point. The only 2 result files I have so far are the ones I created testing on Monday. I still don't have a race result file just one each from practice and qualifying.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com