The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 10:32:05 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Competizione - The official Blancpain GT Series Game announced  (Read 8953 times)
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2019, 01:57:20 PM +0100 »

clap
BTW ACC game is absolutely not ready for any MP championships. I can to point 100 reasons of it, but guys, just beleave me and forget about serious racing here. I am talking to Mark and other admins. Just relacs about ACC.  Smiley Let they do the game ready for MP ( and SP) first. Or lets they live with a shame being  released this "simulator v1.0".
Mark, what about next series in AC1?  Wink  

clap
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2019, 08:39:23 AM +0100 »

guess its the turn of another ACC test race next week. Happy to just try another track dry or wet.  Smiley

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2019, 08:46:12 AM +0100 »

Wait till it hits public beta 1.9, may work then. Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2019, 11:47:03 AM +0100 »

works fine for me (mostly) Wink these test races are more about familiarisation with the new sim and encouraging some of us into some seat time with the various new cars.
Im actually enjoying it more because i'm using my monitors with the superb visuals instead of the carp resolution of the Rift. Will admit it curtails closer racing, makes me wonder how i ever went door to door with other cars without VR. Undecided

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2019, 01:59:31 PM +0100 »

You usually spun off when cars got close Wink.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2019, 02:06:40 PM +0100 »

You usually spun off when cars got close Wink.

laugh  good point  Grin especially when you or fmg were ever behind me for some reason...peer pressure !

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2019, 03:14:39 PM +0100 »

1.0.6 out now with some useful fixes:

Changelog v 1.0.6
GENERAL:
- Fixed a potential crash when resuming career and championship.
- Added first implentation of blue flags during qualifications.
- Tweaked MP highlights to avoid unecessary out-of-track highlights.

GAMEPLAY:
- Sprint Race driver assignment now matches real-life rules. (Drivers are designated to Q1, Q2, R1 and R2 based on licence).

UI:
- Added chat window on Multiplayer menu screens.
- Fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck in the podium animation sequence when using VR.
- Fixed wrong default tyre set when opening MFD pitstop page without going to setup before the session.
- Fixed MFD not updating in non-interactive phases.
- Removed engine repair option from MFD.
- Relocated "lock to horizon" setting from video settings to view/camera settings page.
- Now possible to save driver profile with a blank nickname.
- All setup strategies start from 0 litres of fuel instead of 2.
- MFD now correctly shows 0 fuel to add from pit strategy.
- Player now receives alert of pitlane speeding in real time, not at the end of the pitlane.
- Disabled an obsolete PP effect that resulted in heavy GPU load in the user interface with ultra high resolutions.
- Pit window message now includes a timer with time left until it closes.

AUDIO:
- Reworked audio bank loading logic.
- Reworked pitlane audio listener priority.
- Improved exterior and blow-off valve sounds for Ferrari 488 GT3
- Volume level minor tweaks

RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
- Server admins can assign a free formation lap (without limiter) via /manual start during the wait time.
- Private servers can setup a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.
- "Setup" cannot be selected as Spectator.
- Fixed Pit MFD page not always visible in driver swap scenarios.
- Improved timing accuracy in driver swap scenarios.
- Session overtime will now be skipped in more clever ways.
- Fixed HUD disappearing under certain circumstances.

PHYSICS:
- Fixed Mercedes-AMG GT3 excessive fuel consumption.
- Fixed setup UI showing excessive blistering and graining values.
- Fixed aggressive setup selection for Porsche GT3 at Nurburgring.
- Fixed Mercedes GT3 brands hatch aggressive setup TC, ABS and ECU values.
- Bentley 2018 ECU is not zero based (starts from 1).
- Porsche 991 GT3 R ECU maps between wet and aggressive setup corrected (now inverted).
MaxVeloce
« Reply #217 on: July 12, 2019, 03:32:23 PM +0100 »

UI:
- Added chat window on Multiplayer menu screens.
- Now possible to save driver profile with a blank nickname.

yay to the chat window, that was a bit annoying having to get in the car to see it

LOL @ the nickname thing though, I did that a couple of weeks ago when I reinstalled the game to test VR again.  Maybe a case of bug becomes feature  Cheesy
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2019, 04:08:34 PM +0100 »

- Private servers can setup a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.
That might be that one sorted then, although who gets to drive it? AI or the human driver? Who's going to overtake when someone spins off and see if you get penalised!

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 12, 2019, 05:31:09 PM +0100 »

That might be that one sorted then, although who gets to drive it? AI or the human driver? Who's going to overtake when someone spins off and see if you get penalised!

You can drive for yourself, but there's a 90/120 kph speed limit applied to your car and your car automatically brakes when you try to overtake someone else. Spinning cars are allowed to overtake.
This line suggests that you can now also do a free formation lap without any limitatios tho, probably suitable for league racing:
Server admins can assign a free formation lap (without limiter) via /manual start during the wait time.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 05:32:43 PM +0100 by nfsw55 » Logged
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 19, 2019, 07:17:32 AM +0100 »

They working on over curbs tyres behavieur. New 5 points tyre model instead of 1 point.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/introducing-the-5-point-tyre-model-for-acc.59307/

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2019, 09:34:58 AM +0100 »

They working on over curbs tyres behavieur. New 5 points tyre model instead of 1 point.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/introducing-the-5-point-tyre-model-for-acc.59307/

Looks promising. I don't think I've ever driven a sim which had realistic curb feeling. Often it would result in instant loss of all grip, which seems so far off when you look at real life footage.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 19, 2019, 10:54:11 AM +0100 »

I actually thought the kerb behaviour was really good in ACC, certainly the best yet in any simracing over the years, so i was surprised when a couple of you said you experienced weird reactions. I assumed you had wrongly set damper settings that can spit you off a kerb  Undecided

ps...where are we racing this week?  Kiss

MaxVeloce
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2019, 11:18:26 AM +0100 »

anywhere that its raining!

I want to see how MP kills(or not) the fps in the rain   Smiley
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2019, 11:20:03 AM +0100 »

ps...where are we racing this week?  Kiss
For myself, after some races, i am not in interest for ACC current versions, I'd prefer they bring all AC server futures first and game readyness in other important aspects. Every smallest car contact will ruin your laptime and driving fun due poor server futures.
May be it will be v1.1 , may be not.
+Summer time- i am in vacations from simracing  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:22:26 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com