The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 09:26:50 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Competizione - The official Blancpain GT Series Game announced  (Read 8994 times)
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2020, 01:09:43 PM +0000 »

Are you ACC guys racing anywhere else?

I'm currently racing the ACC Season 2 here:
https://www.redlinemotorsport.co.uk/

Nice but its a Friday so I am usually in a pub. I see they have a cool 6hr Bathurst Race coming up in February. No way I could race that long these days, my eyes would melt.

It's a race with driver swaps, 2-4 drivers are allowed per team Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 04, 2020, 03:22:52 PM +0000 »

i see Sharky took part in the ACC SRO series i mentioned, 24 car grid! I Wish we could still get those sort of numbers here  Cry
How was the racing Simon? i see Jeff only lasted 3 laps...contact?

Would like to take part too but really cant commit at present. Will have to wait until their next series i guess, though bet they jump all over the Bathurst international GT add-on when its released soon and not sure i can resist that! Smiley

MaxVeloce
« Reply #302 on: February 04, 2020, 03:34:21 PM +0000 »

I'd prolly race it if you ran every other week.

The previous update did improve VR a bit and I can now get quite decent visuals if I accept running with motion smoothing (half fps faked to full)...

I say that and they'll probably break it again with todays launch of the International GT  - https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-competizione-v1-3-update-and-intercontinental-gt-pack-dlc-out-now.62409/
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2020, 03:40:15 PM +0000 »

i see Sharky took part in the ACC SRO series i mentioned, 24 car grid! I Wish we could still get those sort of numbers here  Cry
The racing was really good and fair. People not taking enough care on lap 1 I assume took Jeff out, there was certainly some shenanigans at T1 on Lap 1).
It was really tough competition which meant I had to push as hard as I could for the entire race. I started 8th and finished 4th which was way beyond my expectations as I'm really not that good!

I still think if we advertise properly and do a proper series (60-90 minutes with pit stops, weather, etc, on Sunday nights) we can get people in. Would be good to have a proper registration/race sign-up system to help encourage numbers and not run without 20+ drivers signed up.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2020, 07:51:59 PM +0000 »

The racing was really good and fair. People not taking enough care on lap 1 I assume took Jeff out, there was certainly some shenanigans at T1 on Lap 1).
It was really tough competition which meant I had to push as hard as I could for the entire race. I started 8th and finished 4th which was way beyond my expectations as I'm really not that good!

I still think if we advertise properly and do a proper series (60-90 minutes with pit stops, weather, etc, on Sunday nights) we can get people in. Would be good to have a proper registration/race sign-up system to help encourage numbers and not run without 20+ drivers signed up.

I am planning on doing some more ACC later in the year. But first we need to get a reliable server going, something seems to go wrong most times we have run it.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2020, 09:26:12 AM +0000 »

good to see there is good interest in it again. Not sure we will ever attract good numbers with the dull old front end this website has.  Cry Just look at it compared to SRO's with their full race banners and live results/updates down the side with easy instant access to links etc. It grabs your attention and each race stands out with its own screen.

I'll be getting the Intercontinental pack for sure.  Smiley  if we cant make it work here, i may sadly defect to SRO for my ACC fix. Do love a bigger grid race. But flipside is i really like the more personal touch here with familar names etc.  Undecided

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 05, 2020, 10:29:03 AM +0000 »

Just a comment on advertising. I have posted all our R3E races this year at the Sector3 R3E forum & despite over 200 views we have not had a single new driver!  Huh
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: February 05, 2020, 10:39:39 AM +0000 »

It’s not just about advertising. We need to provide something people want to participate in and are motivated for. There are a few feature missing from the site that I think might help a bit and it could do with being more modern looking but primarily I just don’t think there are series people want to join.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
MaxVeloce
« Reply #308 on: February 05, 2020, 10:58:01 AM +0000 »

good to see there is good interest in it again. Not sure we will ever attract good numbers with the dull old front end this website has.  Cry Just look at it compared to SRO's with their full race banners and live results/updates down the side with easy instant access to links etc. It grabs your attention and each race stands out with its own screen.

But they still take too long to post those results!    As a casual observer over there for a while it bugs me when they don't appear for 2-3 days after a race when I know it takes 5 minutes to grab the results from the server and upload them (assuming they have some automated script to parse it all, which really isn't hard to make so any good site would have...)

I'll agree it does look pretty good apart from that, and I signed up for the upcoming AC series hoping it doesn't clash with races here
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2020, 11:15:39 AM +0000 »

People want to know there are enough people so have a proper registration list and when advertising stretch the truth,e.g. limited places available, slots going fast etc.

I wouldn’t bother running a series if there aren’t at least 15 people signed up and tbh for the endurance type stuff I would want 20+ before starting.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 05, 2020, 01:15:35 PM +0000 »

People want to know there are enough people so have a proper registration list and when advertising stretch the truth,e.g. limited places available, slots going fast etc.

I wouldn’t bother running a series if there aren’t at least 15 people signed up and tbh for the endurance type stuff I would want 20+ before starting.

Thats why i usually create a series thread with a fancy header and calendar and ask for an interested drivers list. But as the current series proves, despite 18 drivers saying they were intending to race we barely get above 11 most events  Cry And i advertised it everywhere i was allowed too, even the actual forum where the mod pack was created! But other than about 3 new names, its the normal regulars each week.  Undecided 

I'd love to know how many potential drivers take a look on here with the link and see this dull (sorry but it is!) website with not much banter/input from anyone and just think 'm'eh no thanks'. Once they've raced here they tend to like it for its good and fair racing but its getting them here in the first place that we struggle.
The last well attended series we ran was that Touring car mod with slightly dodgy physics! but it made for good racing and we had around 20 drivers every race.  Tongue

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 05, 2020, 07:59:12 PM +0000 »

i see Jeff only lasted 3 laps...contact?

Don't you people read my pots race report Wink?
 I had my brake pads on 4, which I thought would be the biggest pads, because there is no description whatsoever in game, I had to guess. Turns out pads 4 are the lowest when it comes to endurance, as they should only last 1 hour. Mine went after 20 minutes already, so I lasted longer than 3 laps Tongue. Went into the pits halfway through the race, hoping that would help somehow, but with 20 minutes to go, my rear brakes failed completely and I had to pit. Couldn't slow my car down enough for the pits, so I got DQ'ed for speeding Grin.

One reason I think for this league not attracting new players, is the outdated look of the website. It's only a forum really and the registration overview that SRO really helps, it's also something CORE had, and IMO it's vital.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: February 05, 2020, 08:08:48 PM +0000 »

Perhaps anyone with any responsibilities here should have a word with Dave to see what can be done. Don't expect him to do anything, he's not really the arty, design type, so he will need constructive help. No use me asking him as he always ignores me and thinks the 1990s still looks fine in 2020.  Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
MaxVeloce
« Reply #313 on: February 10, 2020, 11:07:35 PM +0000 »

Had a keen evening, installed the 1.3 update and got the incontinence pack...

Whee,  Bathurst is a blast, and laser scanned Suzuka is great too.  Also IDK if they have done anything or VR was just that horribly broken,  but I went back to playing on a monitor and I swear my steering feels way better now, I can properly drive the car now, with a bit of under/oversteer here and there and I'm on top of it.  The game is fun again!

All hail the King Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 11, 2020, 11:23:47 AM +0000 »

i bought the pack as well, just not had a chance to fire it up yet. Cant wait to give Bathurst and Suzuka a blast  Smiley

Did you see that Mr Git server is now running upto 140 car grids every sunday?  Shocked think he did a big number car run this weekend at Suzuka. Be keen to see if my rig could cope with high numbers like that running, plus it must be a hoot racing that many cars! as long as the usual retarded crashers aren't present.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com