The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 11:58:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A9 Laguna Seca: March 21, 2018
March 21, 2018, 06:27:53 PM +0000 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C 1 1:18.544
---
1 40:39.313
---
30 1:20.019
---
Dunlop  
Felix Simoes
 Black Widow Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 2 +0.017
---
2 +30.348
---
30 1:20.108
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 5 +1.505
---
3 +31.342
---
30 1:21.037
---
Dunlop  
PorcoRosso86
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 7 +1.644
---
4 +40.341
---
30 1:21.487
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Wiesel

Porsche 962C Group C 6 +1.612
---
5 +40.858
---
30 1:21.618
---
Dunlop  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 4 +1.282
---
6 +51.621
---
30 1:21.348
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 10 +3.591
---
7 +1:18.164
---
30 1:22.443
---
Dunlop  
Baikal

Porsche 962C Group C 9 +3.416
---
8 +1L
---
29 1:22.709
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 16 +10.271
---
9 +10.426
---
29 1:23.993
---
Dunlop  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 12 +4.612
---
10 +2L
---
28 1:24.507
---
Dunlop  
Nuvolari87
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 8 +3.405
---
11 +6.271
---
28 1:23.294
---
Dunlop  
Sutol

Porsche 962C Group C 13 +5.337
---
12 +10.400
---
28 1:24.619
---
Dunlop  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C 3 +0.921
---
13 +11L
---
19 1:20.345
---
Dunlop  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 14 +7.175
---
14 +17L
---
13 1:25.808
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 15 +7.236
---
15 +28L
---
2 1:25.987
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 11 +3.946
---
DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
ChrisR
 Black Widow Racing
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Bonni Massimo
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Blackett

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Jeffrey

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Ceolmor

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:18.544
---
Manteos
Qualifying
Porsche 962CMarch 21, 2018, 06:27:53 PM +0000
A9
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:20.019
---
Manteos
Race
Porsche 962CMarch 21, 2018, 06:27:53 PM +0000
A9
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962 - Laguna Seca - Mar 21  (Read 4861 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2018, 12:12:07 PM +0000 »

Having stuck a time in qually I decided it was safer not to stay for the race. Couldn't see me lasting that long before falling off.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2018, 01:19:51 PM +0000 »

Apology to fabri early on who caught me after he fell off. I was trying to encourage you to pass me rather than hold you up but it meant I was getting scruffy in the corners running wide and costing us both time until you took the hint and went past.
Mark, it is your right and duty to protect your position! 

My race was compromised on the second lap. I took the high kurb part in the fast right corner and my car "landed" hard, she lose stability and went against the left wall. Car quite damaged and about half a second slower than expected.

Congratulations Matteo, impressive!
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2018, 01:55:06 PM +0000 »

I set off ok, then on lap2? I was up the inside of someone going over the start line when we either made contact
or I drove over one of the marker posts, and somersaulted up into the air, landed on my nose, and went end over end
off the track, I think I may have landed on someone's roof. Gave up after that, not happy.

That was me who was on your outside. By the looks of it your where victim of a stubborn corner marker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm9AXGeq52o
Look here somewhere around the 3 min mark for your quite spectacular crash Matt. This movie is an unedited compilation of some of the action around me during the race. But still entertaining footage i guess.
Unfortunately I didn't get to use the provided setup from my teammate, but still had a decent race.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:23:45 PM +0000 by Stefan aka Postal » Logged

School is important, but race cars are importanter
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2018, 02:08:09 PM +0000 »

wow! those cones are "well ard"  Shocked

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2018, 02:22:16 PM +0000 »

What rig and ffb settings are you using to be so smooth and in preciseness ?
Can you pm me a replay of your fastest lap for memories?

I stopped autosaving the replay of the race since I noticed that the file were so big and my SSD space was not enough. You have to ask to some other drivers if they saved it.

About my ffb I started to use this LUT file since I bought a new G29 on black friday week. Here is the guide:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rasmusps-lut-guide-for-g27-29-and-dfgt.16799/

I use the "NoClipButStronger_Recommended" LUT

I experience some 'rattling' from my wheel when standing still, and now I read that there has been an update on that LUT. Will try in the next days how it feels with 50% FFB strength.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rasmusps-lut-guide-for-g27-29-and-dfgt.16799/updates

Remember to save the original files before modifying it, so if you don't like that configuration you'll be always be able to go back to the original Wink

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2018, 02:35:15 PM +0000 »

wow! those cones are "well ard"  Shocked
But I see the wheel tethers worked well, although I thought that was a recent F1 thing Wink

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2018, 05:32:44 PM +0000 »

That went better than I expected - On Saturday I had high expectations for this round, and then Matteo set his first blisteringly quick time  Shocked
After that and a few people picking up his setup my hopes dropped as suddenly the field around me got faster while I languished in the mid-20's, so I did some more work on my setup and ended up with a car that would happily run low 20's without much effort (on softs!) and indicated a mid 19.
As I was happy with that I tried to migrate the settings onto my race setup.
Nope, not gonna work.
It was slightly faster but stupidly hard to drive, in the end I decided I'd keep to my original race setup as it was consistent and then concentrate on qually - as it's so hard to pass here  Wink

Even that didn't go well as I couldn't keep it together for long enough to do even one lap that was worthy of my setup, so I started from 5th with only the hope that the guys in front would suffer issues to buoy my spirits!

I got a brilliant start and found myself sneaking past Fabri after running side-by-side from T1 through to nearly T3, then I actually found myself gaining on Maikel and Felix for a couple of laps until their cars warmed up and they slowly pulled away.

After Fabri's off I didn't have to worry too much about the cars behind past about the 10 minute mark, although they were always there somewhere in my mirrors.
Maikels off really woke me up as I suddenly had the worry of a faster car catching me from behind - lucky for me I guess that he killed his gearbox.
I also thought I might nab 2nd for a while, as Felix slowed drastically towards the end, I think I was pulling him in by over .5 of a second a lap in the last 5 minutes - fuel saving I'm guessing, as he was showing as using Hards so can't have had tyre dramas.

Anyway - 3rd is more than I deserved so I'll happily take it Grin
Congrats to Matteo for his stunning pace and also to Felix for 2nd.
Good work to all who finished, it was a hard one - roll on Spa!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 07:35:28 PM +0000 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2018, 07:21:28 PM +0000 »

Apology to fabri early on who caught me after he fell off. I was trying to encourage you to pass me rather than hold you up but it meant I was getting scruffy in the corners running wide and costing us both time until you took the hint and went past.
Mark, it is your right and duty to protect your position! 

My race was compromised on the second lap. I took the high kurb part in the fast right corner and my car "landed" hard, she lose stability and went against the left wall. Car quite damaged and about half a second slower than expected.

Congratulations Matteo, impressive!

Oh I would normally put up a fight but here I knew you front group were about 2 secs a lap faster and it's hard to overtake here without a big risk of both cars ending up in the gravel, so was safer to let you pass than pick a one sided fight  angel

Thomas Wiesel

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2018, 07:48:40 PM +0000 »

Congrats to the podium. Stunning pace  Cool

The quali was very close with PorcoRosso. At start he passed me on the inner line at the first corner.
I was always between 0.5 and 2 sec behind him. On the brakes in the last sector I was often able to get closer, but out of the corners he was to fast. Overall I was never that portion quicker to attack him. But it was very entertaining to race. The lapped cars made us a bit slower here and there but nothing serious.

Great race, thanks.

Looking forward to Spa  Grin
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2018, 11:36:00 PM +0000 »

I stopped autosaving the replay ...

...About my ffb I started to use this LUT file since I bought a new G29 on black friday week. Here is the guide:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rasmusps-lut-guide-for-g27-29-and-dfgt.16799/
Thanks for the info, Matteo.  Smiley
I already have a replays of races. But here i needed a first person replay because it's containing  telemetry data ( true pedals inputs, suspentions movement and so on)  Smiley
About rig- i am too have LUT in G27, from first days, but my own, generated and edited. Due i am an electronics engineer, i have a hobby to mod this wheel and pedals ( hall sensors in pedals and so on)
I was just interested of you feelings when you driving LS and 962 )

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:43:48 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2018, 09:31:50 AM +0000 »

I stopped autosaving the replay ...

...About my ffb I started to use this LUT file since I bought a new G29 on black friday week. Here is the guide:
Thanks for the info, Matteo.  Smiley
I already have a replays of races. But here i needed a first person replay because it's containing  telemetry data ( true pedals inputs, suspentions movement and so on)  Smiley
About rig- i am too have LUT in G27, from first days, but my own, generated and edited. Due i am an electronics engineer, i have a hobby to mod this wheel and pedals ( hall sensors in pedals and so on)
I was just interested of you feelings when you driving LS and 962 )

Hey alex, I've a question for you: how can help the HALL sensor here, on pedals or, idk, steering wheel?
I know as well this tecnology, I've a HOTAS (vkb gladiator mk.I, I think you know as well, with a Thurstmaster throttle) system with the HALL sensors, thats changed my pilot-simlife forever, but I never thought that this tech could be implemented here.
Could help a lot?

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2018, 10:19:53 AM +0000 »

Hey alex, I've a question for you: how can help the HALL sensor here, on pedals or, idk, steering wheel?
I know as well this tecnology, I've a HOTAS (vkb gladiator mk.I, I think you know as well, with a Thurstmaster throttle) system with the HALL sensors, thats changed my pilot-simlife forever, but I never thought that this tech could be implemented here.
Could help a lot?
Sure, Porco! Electrical contacts free - is a main idea here. No rotating resistors (pots), no electrical noice, no signal loses, no wear, no maintenance needs.  I use magnetoresistors in brake and gas, and hall sensor IC in clutch ( Dont keep in mind why- it's a simple my choice of parts which i had at home) Other thing- i use a standalone USB controller ( buyed from Borada ( VKB owner and friend of mine more than 10 years ago). In G27 pedals it was a fully hand-made in 1 day- simple and easyest way. Here is a some pictures of it:
You can see what happens ( mechanical wear) with pots in G27. Did you see damaged resistor( pot)  compound layer?  Wink
 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ka20o7jrup8d0bm/AACDizKldl0mpXfz9rtc4zf_a?dl=0
G27 wheel no needs to mod here due same ( optical) contact free know how is already used.
PS BTW i have an old and one of very first ( s\n 155) TM HOTAS Cougar flightsim joystick. First  in Russia Roll Eyes Aaand.. I ve done a hall sensors here a long time before G27 was buyed. 200 usd economy in hall IC  Grin  Remembering- it was a holy sweet Egle Dinamics   LockOnFlamming Clifs ( nowadays DCS) betatester time  Roll Eyes  
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:48:49 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2018, 11:29:44 AM +0000 »

Interesting comments about Hall Sensors. I have been thinking about trying a Hall effect  angle sensor for throttle. I have G27 pedals and I currently use a LED/LDR (light dependent resistor) on my throttle and it works a treat. The led and LDR fit inside the G27 plastic plunger so not affected by ambient light. Maybe a thread on this could help some people get rid off the potentiometers as they are problematic after a while.
PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2018, 03:22:52 PM +0000 »

Could help a lot?
Sure, Porco! Electrical contacts free - is a main idea here. No rotating resistors (pots), no electrical noice, no signal loses, no wear, no maintenance needs.  I use magnetoresistors in brake and gas, and hall sensor IC in clutch ( Dont keep in mind why- it's a simple my choice of parts which i had at home) Other thing- i use a standalone USB controller ( buyed from Borada ( VKB owner and friend of mine more than 10 years ago). In G27 pedals it was a fully hand-made in 1 day- simple and easyest way. Here is a some pictures of it:
You can see what happens ( mechanical wear) with pots in G27. Did you see damaged resistor( pot)  compound layer?  Wink
 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ka20o7jrup8d0bm/AACDizKldl0mpXfz9rtc4zf_a?dl=0
G27 wheel no needs to mod here due same ( optical) contact free know how is already used.
PS BTW i have an old and one of very first ( s\n 155) TM HOTAS Cougar flightsim joystick. First  in Russia Roll Eyes Aaand.. I ve done a hall sensors here a long time before G27 was buyed. 200 usd economy in hall IC  Grin  Remembering- it was a holy sweet Egle Dinamics   LockOnFlamming Clifs ( nowadays DCS) betatester time  Roll Eyes  

Indeed DCS is my main platform when I fly Cheesy
Is cool as hell alexy! I've a peddals in plus I will try some experiments! Thanks A lot!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com