The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 10:08:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Silverstone: April 10, 2018
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Jim Clark Event - Silverstone 1967 - April 10  (Read 2791 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 07:16:51 PM +0100 »

I hope to be there tomorrow so I'll fight you for it Jeff 

You can find me between the hedge and the parking lot  Tongue
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 09:20:05 PM +0100 »

I’d really like to use my Rift for this but haven’t had time to re set it up  Sad not sure whether to risk it tomorrow eve  Undecided not used it for last 3 races due to eye strain  Cry
Will see, perfect car for it  Cool

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 06:26:11 AM +0100 »

Mark: I hate to ask the obvious, but are you sure you've set the eye pieces correctly and got it in the right place on your head?
The lenses have a very specific focal point so if it's not in the right place they won't be too clear. As they're focused to infinity (and beyond!) you really shouldn't be getting eye strain.

I'll be joining the fight for last tonight probably, i thought this was next week so didn't practice last night like I should have..
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 06:27:09 PM +0100 »

Yeah tried various adjustments but think it’s just down to my now older eyes that get a battering at work all day and then the rift is like having your eyes pressed up against a bright tv screen for 40mins plus   Tongue

However I hooked it up again this eve after getting out of work a bit early. Single seaters are superb with a rift  Cool love looking about over the suspension arms or engine cowling, so lifelike  Smiley so I’ll race with it tonight

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2018, 06:35:53 PM +0100 »

Get out and go for a walk in the pits - the details on the old single seaters are great
frex

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2018, 07:59:29 PM +0100 »

Sorry all - looking forward to this but work getting in the way again, so not going to make it. Apologies.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2018, 09:28:00 PM +0100 »

Please someone tell me they have the replay for the first race?! Mine only autosaved the 2nd one - I really want to see the epic 3 way fight at the end of race 1!

As for the event - that was a cracker. Well done Ceolmor for coming up with such a fitting (and fun!) tribute!

Even though I won the 2nd race the 1st was by far my favorite. From Jeffrey stealing pole from me mere seconds before the start, through the continual battle for 2nd, and the frankly rediculous 3 way fight we had when Jeffery and I slowed each other enough for Felix to catch us.
Even I'm not sure how I held my do-or-die drift into Woodcote from the middle of a 3 wide gaggle of Loti, but I'm pretty certain that's what secured 2nd for me - it felt like a win after that fight!  Cool

I hope everyone else enjoyed that as much as I did - what a cracking combo.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:46:38 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2018, 09:36:59 PM +0100 »

I hope everyone else enjoyed that as much as I did - what a cracking combo.

Absolutely.

Thanks to Ceolmor for setting this thing up, it turned out to be epic. It's been a long time since I've had such eventful races  Grin. I'll need to watch the replay for the post race debrief, as there was too much going on  Cheesy.

Please someone tell me they have the replay for the first race?! Mine only autosaved the 2nd one - I really want to see the epic 3 way fight at the end of race 1!

REPLAY

Even though I won the 2nd race the 1st was by far my favorite. From Jeffery stealing pole from me mere seconds before the start, through the continual battle for 2nd, and the frankly rediculous 3 way fight we had when Jeffery and I slowed each other enough for Simon to catch us.
Both of those drivers weren't in the race Wink.

Even I'm not sure how I held my do-or-die drift into Woodcote from the middle of a 3 wide gaggle of Loti, but I'm pretty certain that's what secured 2nd for me - it felt like a win after that fight!  Cool

This one? I actually went to the replay to look for it, even before you wrote it, as that was an epic finale  Grin

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2018, 09:48:53 PM +0100 »

Legend - don't know what you're implying about my memory though, seems legit to me  Wink
Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2018, 10:05:05 PM +0100 »

Thanks everyone for supporting tonight's event and special thanks to Jeffrey and Pete for all their assistance in setting this up.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2018, 10:52:25 PM +0100 »

FMG is Jim Clark. You guys just watch how he is driving a car near turn's walls ( 5 sm) in precision drift. I see this wonder in first time in AC! Congrats FMG! You are the best of the best of the bests ! I imagine how you pass this tirns in VR.. Ahhh!   thumbup1
BTW. I lost both starts with Jeff's setup taken from STracker just before the races.     Grin
Was fun for me to see how the whole peloton is passing me in 2nd start race  w00t

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2018, 08:46:57 AM +0100 »

Think I've imported the results the wrong way round - doh. The qualification positions look right but there are some silly times in there again.

Well done everyone on avoiding my woeful starts, especially race 2 where all but 2 of you were behind me! I was dead last by the end of Hanger Straight on that 1st lap then Baikal had his moment at let me passed. Ended up in both races having a tussle with Ceolmor for the last few laps, he was obviously quicker when he got it together but the tortoise won out even thought I tried to give it to him in the first race.

I've proved I'm no Jim Clark, mind you I think we all knew that already  Roll Eyes Thanks for organising this Ceolmor and thanks to all who turned out.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2018, 10:13:43 AM +0100 »

First off, thanks to Ceolmor for organising, a nice idea and good fun combo. Smiley

However I had a torrid night of racing  Cry instead of improving my pace I was instead woefully off it through qually to the tune of +1.3 secs over my consistent times on the practise server the night before  Shocked Huh I can only blame the Rift unless the track conditions were different? I kept clipping the blinking apex wall or having bizarre oversteer spins late-mid apex. It was very frustrating and I had to make a late change to my setup to make it driveable.
Race 1 got a good start and made up some places enjoying the close combat awareness you get from a rift. Sadly someone else didn’t and promptly knocked me off sideways (on a straight!) despiteSilverstone being an ex ww2 bomber base and therefore very wide!  Roll Eyes
That got me hot and flustered and I spent half the race just trying to recatch the field including a stutter mid corner that made me spin again.
I finally got back in the rhythm and set some 1:41&2 laptimes to finish a respectable 6th  Smiley

I was intending not to do race2 as could feel the rift already hurting my eyes but as it was fun I carried on. Got another great start to overtake a couple before t1 and held a high spot until about Stowe or club corner when someone just in front of me had a wobble and I had to hit the brake hard which pitched me backwards into the wall - race over.

Great skills up front  Cool a fitting memorial race.

PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2018, 10:14:49 AM +0100 »

great event, great races and pace, really funny, these cars are simply marvelous to driving, every corners are a joy of driving
Thanks to the organizer

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2018, 12:12:01 PM +0100 »

I like these, I enjoyed the series with them, though I find them frustrating
For some other sims, and certain cars, I run with auto gears when the car has unusually strong
engine braking like these do. I really struggle with these for corner entry, which was pathetically
slow last night as in some corners, even with great care, and blipping the throttle the back end
had a mind of it's won and would spin easily. What sort of coast diff were people using for these?
I tried a really high coast diff setting, but decided that was too wimpy so used 40%

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com