Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 08:03:49 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S32 Cerne's Wood: March 13, 2018
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 32 - 55s Fun - Cerne's Wood - Mar 13  (Read 992 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:52:56 PM +0000 »

Season 32 - 1955 - Fun Races - Cerne's Wood - March 13

A real fun track with the right car on the picture so let's have fun at Cerne's Wood!

Race List =  IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8
IP Address = look at iGOR
Race date = 13-03-2018
GPL mod = 1955 F1
60fps patch used = 60fpsV2newmod
Track = Cernes Wood
Qualification = 20:45  UK time -> 45min
Race = race starts at ~21:30 UK time
Race length = ~45 min -> 22 laps
Damage Model = Int - shift+r allowed, but please be carefull
Replay = here

GLA

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:29:39 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 10:21:52 AM +0000 »

I'll be ready this time, Axel!  Smiley

Thanks for organizing.
Baab

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:04:53 PM +0000 »

I raced accidentally as Arf (he once used my PC to join a race and set-up a profile, for some reason GEM selected it), which I want to make clear since I was involved in several accidents. 

My first issue was that my clutch button wasn't configured on Arf's profile, so I crept fwd at the start and was black flagged.  Wasn't sure what to do so I entered the pits for and SnG but that didn't help so I decided to carry on anyways, my first race in a 55.

Apologies to Cookie, I hit him from behind into a corner, just got too close.  I then slowed to wait for him a few corners later and was rear ended, I should have stuck my hand up but this button wasn't configured either.  After a while I caught Doni, I wasn't surprised to see the defensive lines and after a while I spun him round a tight corner.

I struggled on the brakes and need to work on that, consequently I had several offs into T1 which put me back behind Doni, after a few laps I was back with him.  A lap or 2 later I had no brakes left and rocketed past down the banking, somehow I think I managed to avoid him, but was then joined by a couple of red cars.  I carried on for a few laps then retired after venturing into the trees!  Had some fun, I like the mod, guessing the Merc is the best car!

Cheers, Bob
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 09:44:51 PM +0000 »

That explains why Arf was so blindingly quick on some laps and vanished on others!! lol

The 55's are a whole new world in GPL, with the horrendous brake fade indicated by that light on the dashboard that goes red far too quickly, usually just before a trip into the scenery.

I had the advantage of the trial run last week with Axel and I was able to tweak my Connaught setup to make it a little driveable/quicker to battle with all those Mercs and Lancias.  Roll Eyes The gearing on a 4 speed box with a weedy engine made the start a joke and I was passed by two Mercs whilst Axel shot away in the lead.
Once I was up and running things were OK and I could live with the pace until cars I made an early mistake and ran wide. But suddenly cars were throwing themselves into the woodland on every bend and I was given a free pass into the lead??!! I kept going and soon had a healthy lead as cars had problems behind.
I started pushing to see if I could go sub 2:00 in the Connaught and when I managed it I had almost destroyed the rear tyres and the brakes   Shocked. I decided to back off for a couple of laps to cool things down and relaxed a little too much. My setup relied upon attacking the corners and when I tried to coast around T1 it all went horribly wrong and I understeered straight into the grass bank.

I had to do a SnG and that allowed Axel and his damned quick Lancia to pass me and take the win. Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 09:18:22 AM +0000 »

Sorry to Arf, i was watching pribluda on accelerating out of a corner and hit you hard - did you have problem, i was not expecting that but was also distracted
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 09:33:59 AM +0000 »

....................I decided to back off for a couple of laps to cool things down and relaxed a little too much. My setup relied upon attacking the corners and when I tried to coast around T1 it all went horribly wrong and I understeered straight into the grass bank.

I find that too.  I have to help it into corners with a good boot-full but when I'm in "easy" mode I forget that bit.  Messed up a couple of races in that fashion.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 09:56:37 PM +0000 »

muhahahaha.......all shall succumb to the sideways sliding club, it was just a matter of time until you saw the light  shifty shifty shifty shifty.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com