Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 11:04:34 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S32 Cerne's Wood: March 13, 2018
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 32 - 55s Fun - Cerne's Wood - Mar 13  (Read 978 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:52:56 PM +0000 »

Season 32 - 1955 - Fun Races - Cerne's Wood - March 13

A real fun track with the right car on the picture so let's have fun at Cerne's Wood!

Race List =  IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8
IP Address = look at iGOR
Race date = 13-03-2018
GPL mod = 1955 F1
60fps patch used = 60fpsV2newmod
Track = Cernes Wood
Qualification = 20:45  UK time -> 45min
Race = race starts at ~21:30 UK time
Race length = ~45 min -> 22 laps
Damage Model = Int - shift+r allowed, but please be carefull
Replay = here

GLA

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:29:39 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 10:21:52 AM +0000 »

I'll be ready this time, Axel!  Smiley

Thanks for organizing.
Baab

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:04:53 PM +0000 »

I raced accidentally as Arf (he once used my PC to join a race and set-up a profile, for some reason GEM selected it), which I want to make clear since I was involved in several accidents. 

My first issue was that my clutch button wasn't configured on Arf's profile, so I crept fwd at the start and was black flagged.  Wasn't sure what to do so I entered the pits for and SnG but that didn't help so I decided to carry on anyways, my first race in a 55.

Apologies to Cookie, I hit him from behind into a corner, just got too close.  I then slowed to wait for him a few corners later and was rear ended, I should have stuck my hand up but this button wasn't configured either.  After a while I caught Doni, I wasn't surprised to see the defensive lines and after a while I spun him round a tight corner.

I struggled on the brakes and need to work on that, consequently I had several offs into T1 which put me back behind Doni, after a few laps I was back with him.  A lap or 2 later I had no brakes left and rocketed past down the banking, somehow I think I managed to avoid him, but was then joined by a couple of red cars.  I carried on for a few laps then retired after venturing into the trees!  Had some fun, I like the mod, guessing the Merc is the best car!

Cheers, Bob
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 09:44:51 PM +0000 »

That explains why Arf was so blindingly quick on some laps and vanished on others!! lol

The 55's are a whole new world in GPL, with the horrendous brake fade indicated by that light on the dashboard that goes red far too quickly, usually just before a trip into the scenery.

I had the advantage of the trial run last week with Axel and I was able to tweak my Connaught setup to make it a little driveable/quicker to battle with all those Mercs and Lancias.  Roll Eyes The gearing on a 4 speed box with a weedy engine made the start a joke and I was passed by two Mercs whilst Axel shot away in the lead.
Once I was up and running things were OK and I could live with the pace until cars I made an early mistake and ran wide. But suddenly cars were throwing themselves into the woodland on every bend and I was given a free pass into the lead??!! I kept going and soon had a healthy lead as cars had problems behind.
I started pushing to see if I could go sub 2:00 in the Connaught and when I managed it I had almost destroyed the rear tyres and the brakes   Shocked. I decided to back off for a couple of laps to cool things down and relaxed a little too much. My setup relied upon attacking the corners and when I tried to coast around T1 it all went horribly wrong and I understeered straight into the grass bank.

I had to do a SnG and that allowed Axel and his damned quick Lancia to pass me and take the win. Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 09:18:22 AM +0000 »

Sorry to Arf, i was watching pribluda on accelerating out of a corner and hit you hard - did you have problem, i was not expecting that but was also distracted
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 09:33:59 AM +0000 »

....................I decided to back off for a couple of laps to cool things down and relaxed a little too much. My setup relied upon attacking the corners and when I tried to coast around T1 it all went horribly wrong and I understeered straight into the grass bank.

I find that too.  I have to help it into corners with a good boot-full but when I'm in "easy" mode I forget that bit.  Messed up a couple of races in that fashion.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 09:56:37 PM +0000 »

muhahahaha.......all shall succumb to the sideways sliding club, it was just a matter of time until you saw the light  shifty shifty shifty shifty.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com