The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 12:52:41 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A8 BGT3 Silverstone: March 25, 2018
March 25, 2018, 09:52:14 AM +0100 - Silverstone (GP 2010+) - UKAC Season 8 Season 8 - British GT3 Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Alfrance

BMW Z4M GT3 2 +0.607
---
1 51:33.907
---
24 2:04.083
---
Michelin +20.0kg
Jeffrey

Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 4 +0.961
---
2 +0.862
---
24 2:03.824
---
Dunlop +100.0kg
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 3 +0.713
---
3 (+2) +1.200
---
24 2:03.375
---
Pirelli  
Flavus Periculum

McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 1 2:01.947
---
4 +6.967
---
24 2:03.264
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Audi R8 LMS GT3 5 DNS ---
---
Pirelli +80.0kg
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS GT3 6 ---
---
Pirelli  
Sutol

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 7 ---
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 8 ---
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 9 ---
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 10 ---
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 11 ---
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 12 ---
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 13 ---
---
Michelin  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
I_Barclay
 NoWiFi Autosport
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
moopmoop00
 NoWiFi Autosport
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 ---
---
Pirelli  
Callum_F

Audi R8 LMS GT3 ---
---
Pirelli  
E_Bishwish
 NoWiFi Autosport
Audi R8 LMS GT3 ---
---
Pirelli  
picnic
 Team Shark
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
Felix Simoes
 Black Widow Racing
Audi R8 LMS GT3 ---
---
Pirelli +40.0kg
ChrisR
 Black Widow Racing
Audi R8 LMS GT3 ---
---
Pirelli +20.0kg
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 0

Mark tries to overtake Flavus, but there wasn't enough overlap to claim the spot and his front wheel collided with Flavus' rear wheel.

• Mark J (MARK J)penalty — Over-ambitious overtake — 2 places lost

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 8 Season 8 - British GT3 Series - Silverstone - Mar 25  (Read 4139 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 01:56:09 PM +0100 »

Rejoined to get the points for a finish at all (did I get any?)

Yes, but not plural  Tongue

I feel like someone brought out the Virtual Safety Car just at the wrong moment. Wink

You need a smaller sister team to cause a VSC  Wink.

I'm not convinced the weight really makes any difference on the straights. I've always found that AMG to be really slow in a straight line and the Porsche comes off the corner so well that I had momentum. Even with high wing the Porsche is not half bad in a straight line (certainly in AC!)

The weight really impacts acceleration and the speed lost there won't be gained back, so I think you lose around 5-10kph on the straight. Even the Z4 pulled away out of the corners, and that's not really a grunt machine as well.
Just checked the replay and you started to gain halfway down the straight, our exits were pretty much equal. I think it will be between you and Flavus next round at Spa, be glad you aren't going there with 60kg Smiley.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:02:29 PM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 02:02:10 PM +0100 »

Merc isn't fast in a straight line as well, but I'm still trying to find what's it good at  Tongue
Making a loud farting noise!  Tongue Wink Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 02:03:06 PM +0100 »

Making a loud farting noise!  Tongue Wink Grin

What do you mean, my Merc is electric  angel
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 04:07:22 PM +0100 »

Had no time to do any practice this week so I just used the setup from last race. Couldn't keep up with the guys in front (I'm blaming my setup and the extra weight for that lol Grin) and had troubles with the soft tires in qualifying.

First half of the race was quite unenventful but after the pitstops I had a good battle with Spanner. Finished P5, still some solid points for me.
Looking forward to next race in Spa and happy to lose some ballast again Cheesy

BTW. Spanner and I finished on P6 and P5, so there's something wrong with the results.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 04:11:26 PM +0100 »

Oh, yes, the results are well messed up. I think I finished 10th, and Simon was 3 cars back after his short holiday
it was Me, SRW, Postal, Simon. according to my display.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 08:53:51 PM +0100 »

Despite not putting much practise in, finally got the car a bit more ot my liking around here, bit more stability on corner entry. Even dropped the wing and seem to have good top speed. Hadnt really acknowledged the lack of entries until i ended up qualifying pretty well, not too far away from the top guys surprisingly, certainly not the usual 3+ seconds.

First half of the race was amazing, partly thanks to a number of offs, but never thought i'd be chasing Jeff and Jonzo and quite comfortably ending up 3rd before the pit stops.  Because of this i decided to try and maximise this by not changing tyres, so ended up slowing massiving on pit entry as i try and navigate the options, even causing NFSW to drive through me!

So to come out in 5th and so far away from the others was a little disheartening, but ended up running with NFSW for the rest of the race which made things interesting. Even when he got past me i could stick with him but sadly couldnt get near him to think of overtaking.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Alfrance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 09:13:29 PM +0100 »

What a great (and lucky!) race last night

I got P2 in the qualy very far from the pole man Flavus, but very very close to P3 Mark!!
My strategy for the race was to shorten as much as possible the pit, so I loaded 100 liter (refuelling 66) and no change of  tyre (medium) hoping they would last till the end...

During the first laps of the race actually I was very surprised to be able to keep Flavus pace, then made a mistake in the Beckett corner and from P2 I found myself in P6, with also a very extraordinary overtake I underwent from the guys in P5 and P6 (I don't remember whom they were) simultaneously passing me one on the left and another on the right at the beginning of the straight after Beckett ... well done guys!! thumbup1

After my quick pit I found my self in P1, and when Jeffrey got out from his pit, I could overtake him just for few tenths of a second, during his outpit lap I could gain few seconds more which gave me some breath, my pace was not so bad (even better than before the pit) but Jeff was a bit faster so last couple of laps you were really close to me but 100kg ballast on Mercedes top was maybe too much to have a chance for a safe overtake, even against the BMW Z4  Wink...

So this time a conservative strategy, without any real overtake, was successful, beyond any expectation!!

Thank you guys... and see you at SPA with 60kg more on my back...
Alberto

Flavus Periculum

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2018, 04:39:47 PM +0100 »

Congrats to AlFrance for the victory, you drove a great race and picked the best strategy which outsmarted the rest of us, well done mate.
Well done to Jeffrey for second place who continues to outperform in the Merc with 100 kg of beer in the boot.
Special mention for "Purple" Simon who was unlucky with the DSC as he closed on me rapidly in the opening laps.
This Mclaren I am in is great on medium to light loads but it does not like heavy fuel loads and cold tyres.
I am using a setup I got on the internet and I have been reluctant to play with it but I need to get the car handling better with a full tank of fuel.
Hope I can get a more race focused setup tuned in for Spa which I am sure almost everybody enjoys.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2018, 05:05:31 PM +0100 »

My strategy for the race was to shorten as much as possible the pit, so I loaded 100 liter (refuelling 66) and no change of  tyre (medium) hoping they would last till the end...

I calculated needing 200 litres of fuel  Tongue. Is there a way to turn off the party mode on this Merc  Grin.

During the first laps of the race actually I was very surprised to be able to keep Flavus pace, then made a mistake in the Beckett corner and from P2 I found myself in P6, with also a very extraordinary overtake I underwent from the guys in P5 and P6 (I don't remember whom they were) simultaneously passing me one on the left and another on the right at the beginning of the straight after Beckett ... well done guys!! thumbup1
That was me and Mark and it was quite a thrilling event from my point of view  Grin. Didn't know which way you would go and if you knew if I was there as well, so well done on the recovery Smiley.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 08:05:03 PM +0100 »

I noted down the race results old fashioned style with pen and paper when the game kicks you out at the end, I will update it tonight as well as the finishing order for the Oulton race which got corrupted as well.

I always enjoy Silverstone, normally I cant stay in touch with anyone at this track but I managed to do similar times to the racers in front of me this time, if it hadn't been for a couple of spins I might have been able to hang on to the back of them, but the Maclaren caught me out a couple of times on oversteer exiting corners.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2018, 09:55:19 PM +0100 »

Oulton Park and Silverstone Results updated with the bare finishing order to enable the championship points table to be correct.
Alfrance

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 11:10:50 AM +0100 »

That was me and Mark and it was quite a thrilling event from my point of view  Grin. Didn't know which way you would go and if you knew if I was there as well, so well done on the recovery Smiley.

You and Mark were really great!!
I felt like Zonta at SPA in 2001 F1 GP overtaken by Hakkinen and Schumacher at the end of Kemmel!!  Huh
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:43:29 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 06:11:25 PM +0100 »

Cars should be correct again now, as should the driving name shown when hovering over the driver in the results table.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 07:34:37 PM +0100 »

You and Mark were really great!!
I felt like Zonta at SPA in 2001 F1 GP overtaken by Hakkinen and Schumacher at the end of Kemmel!!  Huh

That's what I thought as well  Grin. We went a little less fast  angel
Alfrance

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 08:02:15 PM +0100 »

That's what I thought as well  Grin. We went a little less fast  angel

... just a little ... Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com