The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 06:39:46 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E5NSU RaceRoom Raceway: April 05, 2018
April 05, 2018, 08:57:21 PM +0100 - RaceRoom Raceway (Bridge) - RRE Season 5 (2018) NSU Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 1 +1:32.947
---
1 31:27.606
---
20 0 1:32.975
---
Dunlop  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 2 +1:33.031
---
2 +5.710
---
20 0 1:33.095
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown}
---
3 +13.431
---
20 0 1:33.246
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 3 +1:33.072
---
4 +1L
---
19 2 1:32.806
---
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 5 +1:38.990
---
5 +42.505
---
19 0 1:38.648
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 4 +1:33.936
---
6 +7L 13 0 1:33.083
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 5 (2018) Race Room NSU Cup - RaceRoom Raceway - Apr 5  (Read 2077 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2018, 06:56:56 PM +0100 »

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: NSU TT
Track: Race room Raceway (Bridge)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E3H
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:01:19 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 10:06:31 PM +0100 »

Pleasant surprise - I wasn't sure we were going to run any more of these after the poor turnout recently. I'll be there Cheesy

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 09:07:52 AM +0100 »

6 of each was the plan. I just forgot to add all these.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 01:55:35 PM +0100 »

Hi Matt a large RRE update has cured my problem, so I'm now up and running OK. In earlier post you mentioned a number of proposed classes, GTR3 Tin tops would be nice. Not interested in open wheel racing  or too powerful cars.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:59:14 PM +0100 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 02:08:26 PM +0100 »

Thanks Bill. It is unlikely that I will be running GT cars class as that is sort of the domain of Sundays
I really like the X17 cars. they are nuts, but a big smile generator. I ran one round Road America
for a few laps, and the grin just gets wider  Grin Not everyone's tasse de the I guess.

Probably a Porche, either GT3 porche, or the GT4 one. And something a bit historic, like maybe
one of the GTO, or another Gr5 car. The FR2 cars are good, but the big willy (aerial) puts me off
had some usefull inputs thanks, any more would be very welcome.

I will run a few "test" events, see what works with a few people together.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 02:29:17 PM +0100 »

Thanks Matt, I’m having problems finding time to get in adequate practice for both RRE and GTL so will concentrate on racing in either format on tracks I know or preferred cars. I hope to continue racing whilst I still enjoy it!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
frex

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 02:58:46 PM +0100 »

Any chance we could do Formula Juniors again? Looking forward to those when we ran them last year, but ended up missing nearly all the races.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 03:56:43 PM +0100 »

Could do, I didn't get on with the FJ cars. But I will do a few tests. They might make an NSU replacement
Not great for lapping, but can make great racing.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 07:43:56 PM +0100 »

Hi Matt a large RRE update has cured my problem, so I'm now up and running OK. In earlier post you mentioned a number of proposed classes, GTR3 Tin tops would be nice. Not interested in open wheel racing  or too powerful cars.

Bill is you internet not on all the time? Steam should keep your games up to date when it starts and there is an internet connection. Doesnt sound right that you have to force it.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 06:19:31 AM +0100 »

Bill is you internet not on all the time? Steam should keep your games up to date when it starts and there is an internet connection. Doesnt sound right that you have to force it.

After a disc clean up RRE would not start, I went into Steam and ran a file integrity check but it failed to load the missing file. Emailed RRE but it was the Easter holidays, so I had a long wait for reply which didn't help. Luckily whilst looking through Steam I had the updated which solved the problem.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 09:52:13 PM +0100 »

Oh dear what a muppet, worked out the lap count wrongly so was going to run out of fuel. Then I couldn't work out how to change anything to ended up with 40L fuel and new tyres and got done for speeding in the pits so I had to do a drive thru. What a plonker.

Other than that is was a fun race, sorry I almost took you out when I did my drive thru Dieter, didn't use the mirror until almost too late  Roll Eyes

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 05:25:14 AM +0100 »

Sorry for hitting you and ruining your race. I don't know why but I must have missed my braking point and realised too late I couldn't stop from hitting you!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 10:28:34 AM +0100 »

Not a great race for me personally. Quali seemed ok but I struggled to put in a clean lap all race and picked up a few slow downs (although I was going so slow they hardly seemed to make any difference  Roll Eyes). Still was good fun at times with some nice close racing  Cool

I'll be missing the next few Thursdays because of work but should be around sometime in May.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 12:31:20 PM +0100 »

Other than that is was a fun race, sorry I almost took you out when I did my drive thru Dieter, didn't use the mirror until almost too late  Roll Eyes

No problem, it was nice to see you come back out and rejoin the affray, even if a lap down. Shame you had to pit.

First half of the race was great, 4 of us very close and jostling for position, really enjoyed that. Spanner seemed to drop back a bit in the second half and we got a bit more spread out. Still good fun though, thanks to all.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 01:54:02 PM +0100 »

me Bill? We touched at the final hairpin after you looked about to overshoot, and spun yourself
into the inside wall. I gave as much room as I could and kept wide in case you torpedoed through
on the inside. If that's what you mean, it wasnt an issue, I had already spoiled my race at the start  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com