The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 02:32:49 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A8 BGT3 Spa: April 08, 2018
April 08, 2018, 09:53:06 AM +0100 - Spa (2007-) - UKAC Season 8 Season 8 - British GT3 Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Felix Simoes
 Black Widow Racing
Audi R8 LMS GT3 3 +0.777
---
1 50:34.623
---
21 2:19.851
---
Pirelli  
nfsw55

Audi R8 LMS GT3 13 +27:44:21.668
---
2 -50:34.623
---
21 27:46:39.999
---
Pirelli +60.0kg
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 6 +2.567
---
3 +24.841
---
21 2:20.452
---
Michelin  
Flavus Periculum

McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 2 +0.118
---
4 +27.560
---
21 2:20.659
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 4 +1.759
---
5 +28.196
---
21 2:21.018
---
Pirelli +20.0kg
Jeffrey

Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 7 +2.702
---
6 +28.475
---
21 2:21.099
---
Dunlop +100.0kg
Alfrance

BMW Z4M GT3 5 +1.777
---
7 +49.076
---
21 2:21.325
---
Michelin +80.0kg
picnic
 Team Shark
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 10 +6.258
---
8 +1:01.287
---
21 2:21.882
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 1 2:18.331
---
9 -7.065
---
21 2:18.916
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 12 +2:01.079
---
10 +1:23.048
---
21 2:22.360
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 9 +4.033
---
11 +1:34.323
---
21 2:23.192
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 14 +27:44:21.668
---
12 -50:34.623
---
21 27:46:39.999
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 11 +6.293
---
13 +1:58.405
---
21 2:23.757
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS GT3 8 +3.029
---
14 +11L
---
10 2:20.937
---
Pirelli  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 DNS ---
---
Michelin  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
moopmoop00
 NoWiFi Autosport
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 ---
---
Pirelli  
Callum_F

Audi R8 LMS GT3 ---
---
Pirelli  
E_Bishwish
 NoWiFi Autosport
Audi R8 LMS GT3 ---
---
Pirelli  
I_Barclay
 NoWiFi Autosport
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
ChrisR
 Black Widow Racing
Audi R8 LMS GT3 ---
---
Pirelli +20.0kg
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 ---
---
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 8 Season 8 - British GT3 Series - Spa - Apr 8  (Read 4162 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 09:21:30 AM +0100 »

My race was pretty boring. Had a pretty tough time keeping Alfrance behind me as I was afraid he would jump me at the stops again. I was hoping the 3 at the front would slow eachother down a bit more, but only at the last lap did I close up, but that was too late.

One thing I always seem to get wrong is the fuel load. I go on the practice server and it tells me my fuel consumption so I work out the laps and fuel required. For some reason I am always about 20 to 25 litres too much  Huh.

How did you calculate it? One thing to keep in mind, is the slow formation lap.

You can see whether you're pre-booked or not as your name (and car choice) are listed in the server info.

I'm sure Felix was not intentionally cheating but I'm sure we've all now noticed that you can beat the ballast system by using the booking period to create a non ballasted entry. My personal view is that, now we discovered this, anyone who does this in future is excluded from the results.

I've been booking in the whole season and I never had a problem, so I don't think that is it.

IMO, the race shouldn't have been started liek this as it's impossible to fix now and it clearly had an influence on the result (not for me, as I would have finished behind Felix anyway).

Couldn't the server have been restarted with just an entry list for the people on the server at that time? We could have even skipped qually and get into the formation during the outlap if we were short on time.
Felix Simoes

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 09:32:03 AM +0100 »

This sucks...

I was not aware I had to wait in order to join without booking. And I could swear I didn't see my name on the list when I requested booking. I even mentioned that with Sutol while I was waiting. Initially I didn't look and pressed the top button and only after I realised that I had requested booking. I canceled the booking and checked for my name and couldn't find it.

To make it fair to others, please exclude me from the results. It's far more important to me that people know I don't like getting unfair advantage then a race result.
Flavus Periculum

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 10:47:49 AM +0100 »

@Jeffrey - I add half a lap of fuel for formation lap and race distance plus half a lap so I should finish with 1 lap of fuel not almost 3 laps of fuel. I ran out fuel at Shockingham before the pit stops and I was sure I had put in enough fuel  Huh

@Felix even with 100 kg of ballast those Audis have a big top speed advantage over the rest, approx 7 kmh, which comes in very handy at Spa, so you would have been top 2 easily. If you feel guilty just swap 1st and second place around  Smiley
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 10:53:22 AM +0100 »

@Jeffrey - I add half a lap of fuel for formation lap and race distance plus half a lap so I should finish with 1 lap of fuel not almost 3 laps of fuel. I ran out fuel at Shockingham before the pit stops and I was sure I had put in enough fuel  Huh

How many laps did you calculate?

I calculated 3000/140=21,4 laps, so 22 laps in worst case scenario even with a slow formation lap.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 11:08:42 AM +0100 »

I've been booking in the whole season and I never had a problem, so I don't think that is it.

IMO, the race shouldn't have been started liek this as it's impossible to fix now and it clearly had an influence on the result (not for me, as I would have finished behind Felix anyway).

Couldn't the server have been restarted with just an entry list for the people on the server at that time? We could have even skipped qually and get into the formation during the outlap if we were short on time.
If both you and Felix booked in yet you got ballast and Felix didn't implies something else is wrong. The entry_list has the correct ballast so you've no guarantee a restart would have fixed Felix's ballast. You can't skip qually because that disadvantages those who do well at this, you're just penalising someone else.

I wonder if the fact the results get messed up and this are in anyway related  Undecided Mr Kunos says Booking Mode is deprecated but I've no idea how else you're meant to run races if you don't know who's turning up and in which car  Roll Eyes

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 11:13:52 AM +0100 »

The McLaren must be much better on fuel than the Ferrari if you finished with that much fuel  Shocked I filled the tank for both half’s of the race and finished with 0.35L ! That was with 6 wing (tried lower but kept oversteer spinning)  and +20kg ballast. Does that mean with any more ballast I would have had to 2-stop?  Undecided

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 11:34:40 AM +0100 »

The McLaren must be much better on fuel than the Ferrari if you finished with that much fuel  Shocked I filled the tank for both half’s of the race and finished with 0.35L ! That was with 6 wing (tried lower but kept oversteer spinning)  and +20kg ballast. Does that mean with any more ballast I would have had to 2-stop?  Undecided

Ferrari is the most thirsty. What were you using per lap? Maybe add some oil  Roll Eyes

Come to think of it, it's probably wise for you to take so much fuel, gives the tyre guys some more time  Lips Sealed
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 01:16:15 PM +0100 »

Kind of wish I’d put new boots on now but I hadn’t planned on having Simon and Flavus all over me in the second half. How did Simon gain so much time in the pits? Does the Porsche need a lot less fuel? I was quite surprised to see him exit the pits as I completed my first lap after the pits. My outlap wasn’t as quick as it should have been though as I exited  behind Bobs Nissan on my worn cold mediums. He pitted end of the lap so maybe i was a bit hesitant at the bus stop.

The stops do add an extra element to the racing though, it was very exciting for many of us  Smiley

Flavus Periculum

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 03:08:15 PM +0100 »

One session on the practice server told me 9.5 litres/lap and the next session I did told me 9.8 litres/lap so I took the latter. Maybe the difference was due to me running mostly on softs in the second session? So I did 21 X 9.8 plus half a lap to give me 210 and I finished with about 22 or 23 litres I think which is a fuel consumption of 8.9 litres/lap. That will be my base for the next race and I'll ignore the game calculation cos at Silverstone I finished with 28 litres  Undecided AC pit crew are now sacked especially as they let Simon get past in the pits Angry
Alfrance

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 05:10:46 PM +0100 »

FYI

if you are not on the booking list you need to join the event during the booking session

If you are on the booking list you need to join after the booking session (either practice or qualifying)

Just for information, in my case I was on the booking list AND I joined during the booking session, but my ballast was ok ...

talking about the race .... with 80kg ballast on my Z4 no way to be competitive with Others without ...  I started in P5, but lost very soon 2 positions, I tried to close up the gap with Jeff, but our pace was very similar and the pit strategy this time was not perfect: I refuelled 85 litres and by mistake also changed tyres ...
I finished my race with a drive through penalty but I had safe gap from behind and didn't lose any position.

IMO we can keep this race results as they are, without making any other special action.

See you next race!

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 06:02:44 PM +0100 »

Kind of wish I’d put new boots on now but I hadn’t planned on having Simon and Flavus all over me in the second half. How did Simon gain so much time in the pits? Does the Porsche need a lot less fuel? I was quite surprised to see him exit the pits as I completed my first lap after the pits. My outlap wasn’t as quick as it should have been though as I exited  behind Bobs Nissan on my worn cold mediums. He pitted end of the lap so maybe i was a bit hesitant at the bus stop.

The stops do add an extra element to the racing though, it was very exciting for many of us  Smiley

If you add more than roughly 100L of fuel, you get a free tyre change, as the fuel will take longer than the tyres at that point. Only way to make a 'no change' race work, is by starting with 120L and only needing around 60-70L. Anything more, and you'll probably lose more at the end, than you've gained at the stop, especially at Spa, where you need the grip for the corners leading onto the straight.

I guess Simon started with 120L and added less fuel, which made the tyre change the limiting factor, which could have explained the seconds gained. Just guessing  Cheesy.

One session on the practice server told me 9.5 litres/lap and the next session I did told me 9.8 litres/lap so I took the latter. Maybe the difference was due to me running mostly on softs in the second session? So I did 21 X 9.8 plus half a lap to give me 210 and I finished with about 22 or 23 litres I think which is a fuel consumption of 8.9 litres/lap. That will be my base for the next race and I'll ignore the game calculation cos at Silverstone I finished with 28 litres  Undecided AC pit crew are now sacked especially as they let Simon get past in the pits Angry

Maybe you use less fuel during the race,because often the pace is a bit slower than the all out practice laps?
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 09:19:19 PM +0100 »

This sucks...

I was not aware I had to wait in order to join without booking. And I could swear I didn't see my name on the list when I requested booking. I even mentioned that with Sutol while I was waiting. Initially I didn't look and pressed the top button and only after I realised that I had requested booking. I canceled the booking and checked for my name and couldn't find it.

To make it fair to others, please exclude me from the results. It's far more important to me that people know I don't like getting unfair advantage then a race result.

I dont think anyone thinks you were cheating Felix.

We have just stumbled on a loophole/error in the games handling of the booking procedure/ballast.

After reading everyones comments i think the general concensus is to put this down to experience so i have decided to keep the finishing order as it is. I will check the results in this thread against what i jotted down on paper from the results screen after the race and make adjustments if needed
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2018, 08:57:24 PM +0100 »

I have updated the results to reflect the correct finishing order
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com