The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 02:42:51 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GT Legends for AC  (Read 497 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2018, 04:02:46 PM +0100 »

https://youtu.be/wn9pxnOi_Rw

Shocked Cool

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 04:37:58 PM +0100 »

Amazing video! One of the best i ever seen in AC stuff!  Smiley

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 05:23:27 PM +0100 »

Can't check right now, is it a free or legal mod?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 05:30:45 PM +0100 »

Mod contents include

Porsche 911RSR
BMW CSL
Ford Capri RS3100
Chevrolet Corvette '67
Chevrolet Corvette '69
Ferrari 365GTB
Nissan GTR 2000
Pantera
Porsche 906
Shelby Daytona

It's free to download. Not sure how you determine if it's legal?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 06:13:04 PM +0100 »

It's free to download. Not sure how you determine if it's legal?
I think if MarkJ will pay for it - we can legally use one of this cars for next classic series  Wink  Grin

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 11:41:42 PM +0100 »

It looks really good, I hope the cars are balanced straight out of the box. If anybody can test this and tell me it's good, it can be a no-brainer for a future series.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 01:02:40 AM +0100 »

It looks really good, I hope the cars are balanced straight out of the box. If anybody can test this and tell me it's good, it can be a no-brainer for a future series.
Downloaded. Not tested. BUT this moment I see that most of cars not containing lod levels. To drive online it will cause a massive PC performance drop when the car amount will be more than 3.  Sad  
About BOP- authors sais that cars balanced for online well. in 0.5 se per lap.
Therefore ( and naturally) the cars is not balanced for champs. May be for fun races only, IMHO.
And warning- for P RSR users must to use the original RSR models from Porshe pack 1 DLC . Don't know about law...
PS We all needs a FMG and other alien styled guys to measure laptimes here  Smiley  

PPS Just tested every car in first try ( half lap in silverstone) First impression- this mod was made with love . Driving behavior is simlplificated. They take an easy way to drive and fun. )  Let this mod live in my HDD for futher trying )
Phisics author name is unknown for me. IMHO- he is not a guru but made his things  with love. )  

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:57:27 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 10:19:41 AM +0100 »

In UKGTL land, when faced with a selection of cars with no BOP we tend to set a limit on the # of drives per car, per driver. Driver's can then decide which car they want to use at each circuit in the series. This works well and negates the need for BOP altogether.
Admin's do have to keep a record of how many drives a driver has in each car, like this
Also all the tracks in a series have to be declared from the get go.
Just sayin'  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 10:37:23 AM +0100 »

This is one of the mods over at the F1 Classic site I mentioned in another post. The cars are great fun to drive but on first impressions I'm not so sure about the BOP......needs some thorough testing imo. There are also AC Legends proto cars available in a related mod.

As for legality, these days who knows  Undecided I know the F1 Classic site is frowned upon by many because it promotes and hosts blatantly ripped content.....for instance you won't find mods like this over at Racedepartment.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 01:44:27 PM +0100 »

I wouldn't want to force people to change cars, some already struggle to set up 1 car.
My format would be 1 free change, 2nd on you'll get a 1 race qually ban and a 3rd change a 1 race points ban.

That way people can change if their first pick is bad or not their style for free and even changing a second time isn't a big deal, but will require a bit more consideration. If you picked the wrong car again, you get a penalty to prevent picking the best car for each track.

That will give some margin for errors but with a limit.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 03:57:43 PM +0100 »

Cars are amazing fun to drive, but absolutely not balanced. Or the cars belong to a certain class and not all in 1 mix, which might make it work, as some cars were quite equal to eachother.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com