The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 10:43:31 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E5NSU Karlskoga: May 03, 2018
May 03, 2018, 08:55:27 PM +0100 - Karlskoga - RRE Season 5 (2018) NSU Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
picnic
 Team Shark
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 1 1:19.115
---
1 30:51.650
---
23 0 1:19.032
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 2 +0.494
---
2 +2.571
---
23 0 1:19.177
---
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 3 +5.632
---
3 +2L
---
21 0 1:24.192
---
Dunlop  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 5 (2018) Race Room NSU Cup - Karlskoga - May 3  (Read 2132 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2018, 10:13:24 PM +0100 »

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: NSU TT
Track: Gellaresen (Karlskoga) GP
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E3H
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 10:17:28 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 10:31:41 PM +0100 »

I hope they remove that roller before we turn up!

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 10:55:11 PM +0100 »

I should think so  Grin I will be away for the next couple of weeks, working in Nottingham next week, and Edinburgh the week after
This is the final for the NSU championship. I am posting some non champ events to test cars for the next few events
Please join  I Am Not Worthy in to make it fun

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 08:44:01 AM +0100 »

I got "distracted" last night, so am not ssure the server was set?
I thought I had done it, if not, thanks to whoever sorted it.  Embarrassed

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 08:48:01 AM +0100 »

And..... the championship winner is

1st Place Picnic
2nd Place is Bill Thomas
3rd Place is err Me

frex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 09:38:35 AM +0100 »

Low turnout, but fun race once more due to Pete being a sport and slowing down at the front (thanks). Tried to make a race of it, but I kept mis-judging the drift at the slow corners, leading to a few cuts and slow-downs. And I never did manage to work out the last couple of corners..

Congrats Pete, Bill and Matt in the championship!
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 09:48:08 AM +0100 »

I don't think there was a lot of difference in our lap times Dieter. You were consistently quicker in a couple of places, particularly the sharp left 2/3rd's of the way around the lap. I couldn't get passed without you making an error, good fun racing with you Smiley

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 10:42:54 AM +0100 »

I am away for next Thursday as well (Edinburgh this time)
I was to be in Exeter the week after, but now I may be in London, not sure  Huh

I have a few weeks away coming up. I intend to run a few test races with different
cars, I don't want to make people buy cars they may not end up using.

Next week it's Fr2 which is my fave for a single seater,s the FR US cars are good as well
so I will run an event for them. I find them a bit tail heavy, but a few people have
given them some lurve, so they may get a series.

I am intending to keep it simple for the next few months. 2 series - one single seaters
and one tin tops of some form. Current faves are Hill climb cars, or one of the Gr5 or GTO cars
or some sort of Pork. still undecided about those.... Huh Huh any help with cars people like
is much appreciated. Thanks to those who have already made suggestions.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 11:15:17 AM +0100 »

I work a lot of Thursdays but will make those races I'm around for.

Glad to see the back of the NSUs tbh, I know they are fun to race which is great but week after week of racing a slow car can get a bit dull. Haven't really tried the FR2 but I'm sure it will be good, like the FR US but happy to race either of these.

Not sure about the hillclimb cars as I haven't raced them but they haven't been updated for ages so have very old physics  Undecided

Instead of running a spec series with a single car from the Gr5s or GTOs why not mix and match the groups for a bit of variety. Leave out the Fabcar and the GTO Nissan (as these are probably too quick) and see how the remainder stack up against each other. I can do some testing for balance if needed.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 11:50:51 AM +0100 »

My problem with RRE is that all the new content that we haven't raced before is modern stuff that I'm not really into. I do have a few store credits left over, but I'm reluctant to pay out for cars I don't enjoy. Although having said that I probably would not have bothered trying the KTM, GT3 and Porsche cup cars if not for the series here, and did end up enjoying them quite a bit. Not so much the modern DTM and WTCC stuff..

I briefly tested the FR2 car and hated it, so not sure if I'm going to take the plunge on that one. Unlike GT I'd happily race NSUs every week (they never get old for me!) or one make Nissans, Volvos or whatever.. I know, it's impossible to please everyone, and a thankless task attempting to. I will try and support the races if I can though.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 07:31:54 PM +0100 »

Curious? why do you hate the Fr2. What have I missed? they are quick and easy to drive
not so easy to drive if you create a faster setup perhaps?

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 02:34:40 PM +0100 »

My Championship Second Place was for racing every race, a number of drivers only raced in one or two events! Matt missing one race made difference between second and third place.

I doubt I’ll race in any single seater formula, I’m an old tintop man (DTM 1992 etc)!  Grin  rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 08:07:19 PM +0100 »

goldtop, when you put the GTO Nissan and 911 are too powerful for that group, does that mean both Nissan models or is one less powerful and more in keeping with the remaining cars in that Group?  Huh

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 08:20:17 PM +0100 »

goldtop, when you put the GTO Nissan and 911 are too powerful for that group, does that mean both Nissan models or is one less powerful and more in keeping with the remaining cars in that Group?  Huh

I think the Fabcar is too quick for the rest of the Gr5 cars. The Nissan GTO is quicker than the other 2 GTO cars on some tracks but by not so big a margin. I did a bit of testing and some research on the ingame leaderboards and it was all a bit inconclusive so I gave up.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 11:00:44 AM +0100 »

Curious? why do you hate the Fr2. What have I missed? they are quick and easy to drive
not so easy to drive if you create a faster setup perhaps?

Don't think you've missed anything Matt, I agree that they are quick and easy to drive. But easy to drive and lots of downforce doesn't really do it for me, and like Bill I'm more of a tintop man.  This was just on default setup at the test track by the way - I haven't purchased it, so can't access the setup screen.

I can't make the race tonight anyway, but I may still go with it if you're going to do a series. I did also test the US single seater (restricted to default setup again) and found that a bit more interesting, but I'd probably do either I guess. Maybe with changes to the setup they will come alive..
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com