The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 05:33:19 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A9 Sebring: May 16, 2018
May 16, 2018, 06:29:51 PM +0100 - Sebring (GP) - UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 1 1:52.433
---
1 40:21.149
---
21 1:53.931
---
Dunlop  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C 2 +0.163
---
2 +17.977
---
21 1:54.388
---
Dunlop  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 3 +1.452
---
3 +28.499
---
21 1:55.467
---
Dunlop  
PorcoRosso86
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 4 +2.350
---
4 +47.764
---
21 1:55.882
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 5 +4.113
---
5 +49.268
---
21 1:56.209
---
Dunlop  
Baikal

Porsche 962C Group C 6 +4.860
---
6 +1L
---
20 1:58.793
---
Dunlop  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 7 +5.883
---
7 +0.240
---
20 1:59.639
---
Dunlop  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 11 +10.671
---
8 +30.712
---
20 1:59.672
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 8 +6.998
---
9 +40.629
---
20 1:59.887
---
Dunlop  
pribeiro
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 962C Group C 9 +7.904
---
10 +54.759
---
20 2:00.786
---
Dunlop  
Nuvolari87
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 962C Group C 10 +9.376
---
11 +7L
---
14 2:00.598
---
Dunlop  
ChrisR
 Black Widow Racing
Porsche 962C Group C DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Wiesel

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Bonni Massimo
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Blackett

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Ceolmor

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
Sutol

Porsche 962C Group C ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:52.433
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Porsche 962CMay 16, 2018, 06:29:51 PM +0100
A9
Assetto Corsa
Group C
1:53.931
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Porsche 962CMay 16, 2018, 06:29:51 PM +0100
A9
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 9 Porsche 962 - Sebring - May 16  (Read 2767 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 11:37:47 AM +0100 »

Thanks Jeffrey.

Btw, BST has the same time as Portugal, am I right?

I think Portugal has the same times as the rest of Europa, so all time +1. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Felix Simoes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 11:59:34 AM +0100 »

Portugal has the same time as UK. The rest of Europe, afaik, is on CET.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 07:12:31 PM +0100 »

Sorry not to make it again, hope to be back as soon as I am able.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 10:36:17 PM +0100 »

Cracking last race of the series, enjoyed that  Smiley

Had a great race long chase of Porco for 4th place, not giving him a moments peace  Grin but he kept it ahead and I finished 5th. It was a thrilling chase.
Not sure where the rest of the field were but didn’t see another car behind me from about lap 2.

The front two were in a total league of their own tonight, must have had some hidden hybrid unit tucked away in their 962’s  Wink
Great series with great cars and good tracks, well done to JR and Pete for organising and big congrats to Felix winning the championship  thumbup1

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 11:39:02 PM +0100 »

Great race tonight, even if I lost the battle  Undecided

FMG started with an amazing pace hammering since the first lap. I wasn't as fast as him, but I managed to lose only a couple of tenths per lap. Than FMG did hs first mistake and I passed him taking the lead. I lost the lead again on the Ulmann straight with FMG exploiting a better exit form the 'Le Mans' some laps later. But as I said to him after the race, even if I was slower my target was to let him sweat until the checkered flag Cheesy
With 15 mins to go FMG had a moment with a lapped driver, not very keen in that occasion IMO, so I exploited his misunderstanding with a dangerous manouvre at the braking of the Sunset bend. Unfortunately for me FMG was still faster in the last part of the race, and I had to give up again after my umpteenth mistake at the 'Le Mans'. This time he definitely took the lead, and I could only try to put myself in hotlap mode for the last five minutes of the race.
Even this time, that fuckxxg 'Le Mans' corner betrayed me, sending me in a spin into the wall. The chase was over.
During the last lap I found myself in the middle of the battle between Alexey and somebody else. Without any chance of a come back on FMG, I decided to enjoy the show, leaving them free to battle until the checkered flag.

Grats again to FMG for a very deserved victory, and to the absolute dominator of the championship Felix. Well done aswell to Fabri and FMG that complete the champ podium. Smiley

I'll thoroughly take care of my wood spoon  Cheesy

See you for the 250 champ, that the VDA team should join in force. We already have our server set on Cadwell for the first race. If someone wants to make some laps on it, send me a pm and I'll give you the psw. Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 10:08:45 AM +0100 »

Great track and great race against Mark, was hard to defending my position
Definitely was a great champ, pity that I never understood completely the car.

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 04:18:50 PM +0100 »

Congratulations to FMG for the victory.

A very tough championship that has seen Felix's domination, but many pilots who have been fighting for the podium.
I did several races fighting with FMG, very adrenaline.

This car has a beautiful design, but she is too modern for my driving style.  Roll Eyes
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 08:23:35 PM +0100 »

Epic race for me (I finally won one!)
I wish Jeffrey had put Fuji earlier in the season - I learnt more about suspension setups in that round than in the rest of the season combined!
While Felix didn't compete for me to benchmark against my pace, my time Vs Manteos suggested something of a step change for me, dead chuffed with taking both the records here Cool

The race was something of a combined bout of terribly good luck though - first I only just got off the line without bogging down as I dropped the clutch slightly too fast. This though resulted in cracking launch and had me well clear in time for T1.
I very slowly pulled away from Manteos over the next ten minutes before misjudging my position entering T1, I clouted the concrete on the inside hard enough to fire myself back out over the kurbs on the corner exit and only just held the car straight while trying to rejoin. This was enough for Manteos to pass me and pull away a bit while my tires cleared.

3 or 4 minutes and several attempts later and I finally got my line out of Le Mans nailed, possibly as Manteos fudged his own exit and managed to get alongside on the straight.
I slightly over-shot on the final turn but managed to hold a small drift and power my way around the outside, I then took and held the left of the circuit into T1 which re-consolidated 1st again.

Maybe 10 minutes after this we caught the first of the back markers after I'd eeked out a decent lead again - 2 of them had tangled and were in the middle of re-joining as I flew around Turn 15 having not seen them earlier.
I took a very compromised line down the far right of the track to avoid trouble and then failed to actually make it through Le Mans and ended up in the dirt.
Manteos then took terrible advantage of my conflict with the back markers and jumped me into the final turn with his extra speed (You should join us in GPL with that sort of take no prisoners attitude Wink ), forcing me to start chasing again Shocked

Somewhere around the 5 - 10 mins to go point I re-passed down the back straight, I think it was a lap or 2 later that Manteos had his spin (I only saw that in the replay - silly real mirrors in the Rift meant you simply vanished) and I danced off into the distance.
By that point my car was such a joy to drive with the couple of remaining litres of fuel that I didn't slow down despite the lead.
I set my fastest race lap on the penultimate lap I think - almost a second down on my online practice record on fresh tires/fullish tanks.

Thanks for not making it easy Manteos - my Rift was starting to fog up towards the end, I'll need to buy a fan for the summer I think.

Thanks Jeffrey and Pete for the organising and to everyone else for racing, I loved this series and had some truly cracking battles.
I particularly enjoyed the races where fuel was uncertain and people had to come up with different setup strategies to over-come it.

According to the odometer app which I installed just before my first practice session at Mugello; I've done 8,684 miles ( 13,975 KM ) over the course of this championship in the Porsche, to say I enjoy driving it would be an understatement Cheesy
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 10:05:47 AM +0100 »

Wowza 13k km of driving  Shocked no wonder you were a country mile faster by the last round !  Smiley
You and Manteos were way quicker than anyone else at Sebring.
It’s a great car to drive with the Rift, such a shame  I can’t get on with it  Cry

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com