The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 07:01:00 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A10 Atlanta Motorsports Park: June 20, 2018
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 10 - Maserati MC12 - Atlanta Motorsports Park - Jun 20 **CANCELLED**  (Read 631 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2018, 08:00:35 AM +0100 »

CANCELLED
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:34:49 PM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 03:11:29 PM +0100 »

Guys, do you like to drive here? I ask you to test this track . This village road mesh is even worse than it was in the algarve. Combo is not compatible, IMHO.
Before 2 weeks to event i'll asking Jeff, please, collect a vote to this track. I dont want to repeat a masohisms session and complete hate the car.
I am voting to exclude this track and set Hochenheim next and then set Glen to final. Thanks for reading. But this is not even funny  Wink  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:14:54 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 07:58:35 PM +0100 »

The sooner the people reply, the easier it will be to change if needed.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 08:04:28 PM +0100 »

I am happy to stick with Jeffreys choice, some of these mod tracks are not always the best quality, but it is nice to try out some of the more obscure tracks.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:19:06 PM +0100 »

I quite like the track to be honest. The cars as good/bad as it's always been - you just need to change the spring rates Huh

I took the Australian V8's out after for a race and loved it! Even with an awful setup.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 09:40:18 PM +0100 »

Are the servers up? this or valencia?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 10:11:18 PM +0100 »

Oh this is going to take a bit of learning. The constant vibration doesnt make it easy to see! Feels like a track suiting a nicely handling car not this thing!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 06:34:47 AM +0100 »

It's a track that I knew would create some controversy, but I still picked it because it's something different from the other tracks. It's a lot slower and technical than the other tracks on the calendar and I think a new track for most.

I don't really understand why people struggle with the handling of the car. I think most issues are fixed with the setup,  so I hope people share their solutions to help others out.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 08:04:33 AM +0100 »

I don't really understand why people struggle with the handling of the car. I think most issues are fixed with the setup,  so I hope people share their solutions to help others out.
My explanation. Smiley Suspention oscillation, when the each wheel is loosing\taking a grip in very high frequency circles in short track distances ( merets- santimeters) will not fixed by car setup here. Because of dampers and, may be , other suspention details is not tuned well and fixed in this car. We will see a  broken lines of tires  in most of brakings here. The car unnaturally unstable (= masohism feel when driving for me).  All things might be good if the track MOD will have a good phisical track surface ( more and more smooth micro mesh which is explayning a skill of track moder\ converter. THIS track mod is don't have it. It's have a very big and unnatural track mesh bumps in most of turns. May be it's an original authors choice- i don't know. But this both car\track combo issues will ruin any fun and interest for me in driving here. So, sorry guys, i'll not join here. Sad
PS. All of you knows my respect to Jeffrey combo choice usually. I was amazed in most of it and hope that will do futher. But not in such cases.  Smiley I think i am fully explained my own opinion to Jeffrey and i will try not to do it next times.  
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:10:12 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 08:34:04 PM +0100 »

Atlanta has been removed and replaced by Hockenheim. Next round will be this one:

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=14991.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com