Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 07:12:19 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 33 Extension  (Read 736 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2018, 10:29:47 PM +0100 »

Gentlemen,

Plans are underway for Season 34 which will start early in 2019.

We do, however, have something to keep you amused over the next few weeks.

Starting this Sunday 14th October we will be running an 8 race championship in original 67 cars. Races will be every week.

Points will be scored according to the traditional scoring of 9 points for a win down to 1 point for 6th place. It will be a single grid. Drivers have a free choice of car except Pro standard drivers may not use the Lotus or the Eagle. Unlimited Resets are permitted but every Shift R must be followed by a Stop & Go - same rules for both Pro & Ams. All race results count toward the champioship. I will publish the table on a regular basis.

Usual driving standards are expected.

A full schedule of tracks will be published, but we start off at Brands Hatch.

No registration necessary.

We will also lay on something for the Tuesday slot, so watch this space.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 11:11:05 PM +0100 »

Tracks selected for this series will be as follows.

Brands
Monza
Road America
Zeltweg
Hockenheim
Spa 67
Mexico
Silverstone

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 08:53:49 PM +0000 »

I've taken the opportunity to update my rig in the off season (my Logitech G25 is getting very worn) so I've missed these races so far. I'll miss the next one too but I should have my new Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals sorted out for the Spa67 round.  They certainly look good but whether or not they improves my driving remains to be seen.  They can't make it much worse!!
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 09:58:29 AM +0000 »

My pedals from my old Microsoft FF wheel are half broken and the wheel itself doesn't have a USB connector,  I wondered what the best replacements were?  Is the Logitech G29 the best option for a new wheel and pedals set for GPL, or should I consider something else?
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 12:28:19 PM +0000 »

I've been using a Logitech G25 for a long time now (I think I bought mine shortly after they were first released in 2006, definitely well before the G27 came out in 2010). So I'm ready for a replacement. I have a couple of issues with the G25 I wanted to resolve with a replacement.

1. The H-shifter uses micro switches which are beginning to fail. I can't get reverse gear anymore.
2. The brake pedal has the same feel as the clutch and accelerator. Consequently it is easy to press the brake pedal too hard and lock the brakes.

A replacement that improves on the G25 is very expensive so I'm buying my replacement in stages.

I bought a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter which uses Hall Effect devices which should be more reliable than micro switches. So my first problem has been solved, I can get reverse gear now.

Phase 1 using G25 wheel, G25 Pedals and TH8A shifter.  Just had to disconnect the G25 shifter from the wheel and connect the TH8A shifter directly into the PC USB port. Works fine - just had to remap the controls in GPL.

Next I bought some Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO pedals. The feel in the brake pedal is much better. It is adjustable too. I've not had much time to experiment with it but in the one race I have used them (Spa with the 67F2s) the braking was better but more practice is needed.

Phase 2 using G25 wheel, T3PR-PRO Pedals and TH8A shifter.  Again just had to disconnect the G25 pedals from the wheel and connect the T3PS-PRO pedals directly into the PC USB port. To do that I needed to buy a USB adaptor because the pedals are intended to plug into a Thrustmaster wheel as standard. Again works fine - just had to remap the controls in GPL.

Next thing I need to buy is a new wheel but given that my G25 Wheel is working OK, I'm going to wait (at least until the new year when my wife has had time to forget how much I've spent already!). The wheel I'm looking at is a Thrustmaster T300 base but which optional wheel I buy is not decided. The Ferrari 250 GTO wheel looks great but it is ridiculously expensive. The Fanatec wheels look good too but they are also very pricey.

So in answer to your question, it all depends what you want to do. All I can say is that I have tried to upgrade my wheel gradually so I don't have to spend a lot of money in one go. If you can buy components that have a standard USB connection then there is every chance you will be able to use them with GPL. So you should be able to mix and match to come up with something that suits your budget and preferences.

Hope that helps Smiley
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 06:16:47 AM +0000 »

I have done the same.The first was the Fanatec pedals,then the wheel and finally the thrustmaster gear box.The Fanatec is very expensive but the customer service is very good and without money charge.The other advantage is that there are no more potentiometers degradable over time.
One my friend have sent for repair one hand brake and have received one new in sobstitution without money charge!
On seriousness of the company seem that there is no doubt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com