The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 05:53:22 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NoGripRacing.com down?  (Read 1096 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:58:27 AM +0100 »

I'm getting You do not have permission to view the requested URL /index.php messages since yesterday
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:00:12 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:38:09 PM +0100 »

I'm getting You do not have permission to view the requested URL /index.php messages since yesterday

Yep, same here.
oldboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 02:00:29 PM +0100 »

Same, it's been down for a few days. I'm getting the message "server taking too long to respond". Can't find any mention of an 'issue' anywhere on the web?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:04:29 PM +0100 by oldboy » Logged
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 01:44:01 PM +0100 »

Tony:
Saw this on Race Dept.  Last post....Hope they get it sorted out, great site, much info for us.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/nogripracing-com-gone.152099/

CU at the track
Bob M.
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 08:20:48 PM +0100 »

Hi guys,
Does not really look good. I remember seeing discussion about non-working paypal donations in nogrip few weeks ago where webmin said that the owner of the site had been more or less unreachable several months already and/or did not really care anymore. And due that there was not much to be done if and when something went wrong beyond the tools site itself offered. Not sure how much of this is true though but downtime of a week without any notice fits to this picture bit too well.

For the GTL online championships which I (made new mods about a year) was designing this is bad, but not a show stopper. I have all the cars (except the Imp) which I can upload somewhere, but more the problem is that I do not have contact infos for Geoffers nor Cap7 with whom I was making things happen. Not to mention amount of racers; from nogrip I could think of grid of 10-13 racers... Most of you are here, but probably around 20% of racers is lost, so that means 8-10 racers... Not sure if the classes per race needs to be reconstructed... At least there's no horry now so Maybe it's better to look around for a moment.

And yes, it is sad to see it go. Just like many many many other sites during (The Need For Speed Online, World Track Studios, Hacked Speed 3, TotalNFS, NFSCheats, Racerplanet, RSC, Gamers-Crib, etc...) these 20 years I have been modding games. As sad it is, it is part of this hobby.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:28:21 PM +0100 by Nappe1 » Logged

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 11:34:13 PM +0100 »

Geoffers and Cap7 can be contacted by pm here.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 06:13:02 AM +0100 »

Thanks Tony for the info. I'll contact them to make sure that they know that I have not dropped the Championship.
Most likely it will be middle of August before the races start, so there's no horry with organizing things.

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com