The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 05:44:15 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E5 Salzburgring: June 14, 2018
June 14, 2018, 08:54:24 PM +0100 - Salzburgring - RRE Season 5 (2018)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Riccardo Gengotti
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche Fabcar 935 RRE Gr.5 1 +1:17.747
---
1 30:33.893
---
23 0 1:18.693
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche Fabcar 935 RRE Gr.5 3 +1:18.575
---
2 +0.113
---
23 0 1:18.250
---
Dunlop  
Gavino Pintus
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche Fabcar 935 RRE Gr.5
---
3 +1.854
---
23 0 1:17.850
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche Fabcar 935 RRE Gr.5 4 +1:19.649
---
4 +1L
---
22 0 1:19.313
---
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche Fabcar 935 RRE Gr.5 5 +1:26.850
---
5 +2L
---
21 0 1:24.868
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche Fabcar 935 RRE Gr.5 2 +1:18.138
---
6 +22L 1 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
RRE Gr.5
1:17.850
---
Gavino Pintus
Race
Porsche Fabcar 935June 14, 2018, 08:54:24 PM +0100
E5
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 5 (2018) - Salzburgring - Jun 14  (Read 1900 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2018, 04:58:42 PM +0100 »

Server: Simracing.org.uk

NON CHAMPIONSHIP Special Test event - Fab Porka 935s at Salzburg

Password: see above

Practice: 19:45 (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 (30 mins)

Cars allowed
: Gr5 Fabcar
Track: SalzburgRing
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Track Packs for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:02:55 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 05:04:27 PM +0100 »

Being as this fellow has been sent to Coventry by his mates in Gr5, a test event to see if
he deserves a series of his own. And anyway, poor fellow needs to get out a bit  Grin

Barring shipwrecks I may be back for this.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 09:26:08 AM +0100 »

Wow, these are fun aren't they - in a masochistic kinda way  Shocked

So much power, so much understeer. I tried some laps and my best times were with rear wing all the way down on 1 click, but that may be a little too extreme to race. Should be fun..
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:51:52 AM +0100 »

I am back ashore now, so can do this one :-)

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 07:15:57 PM +0100 »

Will jump on after the Le mans qually and see how it is!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 07:54:34 PM +0100 »

Arghhhh. I can't RDP to the server, not sure why yet. Pete, can you restart the server and set the prac time to whatever
would make qual start at 20:15?

Gavino is on and the clock started early

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 08:29:49 PM +0100 »

Sorry fellas I had to drop out. A busy week and an even busier weekend coming up.

I'd forgotten what a handful the fabcar was around here.....have fun Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 08:56:48 PM +0100 »

Very sorry Matt, again I had a weird issue at the start, and really screwed you up. I seemed to get away fine initially, but after a few metres I again lost all drive and you could not have avoided me. I'm sure it's somehow related to this odd "clutch" issue that I had thought I had sorted, but clearly something is not right. It was fine all through practice and qually, and I have no problems in any other sims, but that's the second race in a row I have caused a fracas on the startline.

Going to start from the back from now on, sorry again.
Riccardo Gengotti

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 09:12:55 PM +0100 »

bella gara, molto difficile ma bella , grazie a tutti
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 09:18:31 PM +0100 »

These things are tough. Had a decent start I thought but now I see why. I've had some weird power issues in RRE. It's like I've got a slow down when I don't think I should have and the car accelerates only very slowly. When I'm ready for it a quick down shift seems to get full power back. Mind you not had that for quite a few races now.

I think the race up front was a comedy of errors Cheesy First Riccardo went wide n the back straight then I had 2 major moments to gift it back later in the race. We finished just over a 10th of a second apart! The various excursions made for a fun time, being chased or chasing. Sorry about the mess up when I 1st came past you Matt. Dirty tyres and then stupidly trying to read a message that popped up on screen meant a mess was made for a few corners  Embarrassed I had the sweat pouring out from under the Rift tonight. A combination of a humid evening here and a lot of concentration and twirling of the wheel.

Well done all for completing a very challenging event.

P.S. Anyone got a setup to share that might tame these a little?

Gavino Pintus

Alfa Romeo Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 09:19:22 PM +0100 »

What a sensational race today! I've tried this car the previous week, but in the meantime I've managed the race with assetto corsa and the 250GTO.
I was not remembering the track, so very difficult for me at the beginning.

In qualy I was not able to do a clean lap. I've gained the last position  Grin

The race was difficult but at the first corner I'm in 3th position. From now I've tried to avoid mistakes. But in real I've hitted the wall 2 or 3 times  angel
Despite this lap after lap I've improved my laps and at the finish the fastest lap of the very was mine.
I'm happy to see the chequered flag because this cars are very difficult to drive, but very exciting.

Congrats to Gengo. Winning a race at 65 years in my opinion is a great news for all the world. You're Highlander and my big brother!!!!!

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 09:29:26 PM +0100 »

I wondered what you were doing Dieter  Huh I think in fairness I could have done more to avoid you, but I assumed you were just slow to start  Shocked
I kept slowing and waiting for you to catch up, I was already out of touch with the leaders, and unlikely to catch them unless someone
did something silly (which they did)

Again, wondering what you were doing Pete, I thought maybe I had put you off your rythmm, I was doing my best to keep out of any lappers' way.

No practice as I have been fighting most of the day with a banging exhaust on my Honda, but I just stiffened up the front a few clicks
and softened the rear dampers, and the car was drivable if I was gentle with the throttle. I like these, as Gavino says - they are hard work, but worth it
I would actually look forward to and do some practice for these. They need a lot of attention to drive, but, for me at least, these are way easier
and a whole barrel of monkeys more fun than last nights 250 Ferris  Shocked

Next week is a free race in all respects. Hopefully I can have some feedback about which of the tested cars are worth a series, and we can get
2018 championships under way.  scooter tank wheelchair
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:34:25 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 09:37:37 PM +0100 »

I just stiffened up the front a few clicks and softened the rear dampers, and the car was drivable if I was gentle with the throttle.
LOL I softened the front to try and remove some understeer. As I said on the AC topic I don't have a clue about setups  Embarrassed I could have done with a longer gear to as I was maxed out on the back straight so no chance of pulling a pass off there.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 10:55:12 PM +0100 »

You did right to reduce understeer, but for me as I have a rubbish "fast in slow out" style  Roll Eyes I get lift off oversteer
in cars with the weight at the back, not to mention the power on oversteer, which I just did...
So in Porkas, I usually increase front dampers to help with that, but leave the front roll bar much as standard
to get some mid corner grip.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 12:46:29 AM +0100 »

I kept slowing and waiting for you to catch up

Sorry Matt, I did attempt to limp all the way round to the pits in the hope that I could make repairs and rejoin, but this was painfully slow progress (max 40kph at full throttle..). When I got there it seemed I only had aero damage (presumably from our impact) and making repairs made no difference to my drive problem. Had to retire.

On the upside, I have found another minor fault with my clutch pedal, and have also noticed that I had a massive clutch deadzone set in RRE for some reason. I've amended that and it's been fine so far. Then again it always is until we get into the heat of the races.. Keeping fingers crossed.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com