The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 07:03:39 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A10 Hockenheim: June 20, 2018
June 20, 2018, 09:23:45 PM +0100 - Hockenheim (GP) - UKAC Season 10 Maserati MC12
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Maserati MC12 {unknown} 3 +0.368
---
1 41:11.318
---
24 1:41.408
---
Pirelli  
Baikal

Maserati MC12 {unknown} 1 1:40.449
---
2 +1.332
---
24 1:41.734
---
Pirelli  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Maserati MC12 {unknown} 2 +0.061
---
3 +1.594
---
24 1:41.544
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Maserati MC12 {unknown} 7 +4.259
---
4 +1:43.164
---
24 1:44.311
---
Pirelli  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Maserati MC12 {unknown} 6 +2.608
---
5 +1L
---
23 1:44.030
---
Pirelli  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Maserati MC12 {unknown} 5 +2.434
---
6 +17L
---
7 1:43.223
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Maserati MC12 {unknown} 4 +1.474
---
7 +22L
---
2 1:49.296
---
Pirelli  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Maserati MC12 {unknown} DNS ---
---
Pirelli  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Maserati MC12 {unknown} ---
---
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:40.449
---
Baikal
Qualifying
Maserati MC12June 20, 2018, 09:23:45 PM +0100
A10
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 10 - Maserati MC12 - Hockenheim - Jun 20  (Read 1893 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2018, 08:25:13 PM +0100 »

Password: see above (released 24hrs before the race)

Round 5 - Hockenheim GP

June 20th - Password entry (on day of race)

Practise: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30   40 minutes

Cars allowed:
Maserati MC12

SKINPACK. Top of driver's list on the opening post.

Track:  Hockenheim GP

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1) Please make sure you are fully aware of the UKGTR Rules
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 01:00:15 PM +0100 »

Good combo.  Smiley In hot tires car feels good  and responsive to setup routine  Smiley

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 01:06:04 PM +0100 »

Good combo.  Smiley In hot tires car feels good  and responsive to setup routine  Smiley

Not too flat or bumpy this time? :p
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 01:43:52 PM +0100 »

Good combo.  Smiley In hot tires car feels good  and responsive to setup routine  Smiley

Not too flat or bumpy this time? :p
For this car all is well, that not the washing board  Grin

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 09:49:14 AM +0100 »

This car feels better on a flat track for sure but I would still say it’s not pleasurable to drive. It doesn’t feel dynamic enough, maybe it’s the fixed dampers  Undecided I just feel like I’m driving a plank of wood.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 01:31:13 PM +0100 »

This car feels better on a flat track for sure but I would still say it’s not pleasurable to drive. It doesn’t feel dynamic enough, maybe it’s the fixed dampers  Undecided I just feel like I’m driving a plank of wood.
This car is  just a Kunos joke ( fault). Nature's mistake  Sad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 03:47:37 PM +0100 »

Sorry for the short notice, but I won't be able to race tonight. :/
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 08:42:05 PM +0100 »

I was actually looking forward to that, and enjoying driving it, switched to mediums and half race fuel for qually and was revelling in it. Back to hards for the race and i was struggling to turn in all the time, didnt help you were all on mediums and had far more grip than me Huh

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 09:41:51 PM +0100 »

I'm an old sick man! Why are you man Matteo and FMG was press on me too hard using yours hards???  wheelchair   Grin
 censored Kunos ruined this car , ruined his tyres...Ruined my racing wheel due too strong vibration!  2guns  Meds must be suited for 40 min race... Isn't it, Stefano?...  devil

PS ))) Yes i am not recognized in race time that Matteo had a meds too   laugh
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:33:20 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 07:27:40 AM +0100 »

What a race it was!  Smiley
Was very surprized about my pole. Yes, i had a not bad laptime here after 50 laps prac. But Pole and UKAC record!  Shocked  Grin .
Ok. I'll must to risk and use meds in race - this was a only way to try to win.
I had a good start and not bad pace in first half, due meds was fresh. Gap was increased up to 5 seconds in front of Matteo and FMG . These guys have a great battle behing me. Then kunos meds begun to dead. Gap will less and less.  I making a mistake and Matteo passed me. Then i returned after Matteo mistake. His pace was better in the end of race, I tryed to drive smooth but again  i slightly hit a border in beginning of Parabolika - Matteo passed me.
Approaching to Mercedes area braking , being behind Matteo,  i had a kunos brake disfunction  Grin , and slightly lost my car ( and may be brain) and was contacted with Matt.  Embarrassed
Matteo, so sorry, It was very nervouse moments for me. After it I tryed to recognize what car now behind me- you or FMG (you are both have a red\white car colors). And continue to be save from FMG passing me when i'll return position to you. I return my pos to you in last chicane. Yes it may be was hard for you but i save my position from incoming FMG!  Smiley Last laps was like a nightmare for me . Meds was reached a 95 percents . After it the grip curve have a massive drop ( as i remember ) and the chance to total lost the car was very big. But it was so interesting and hard to drive with Matteo and FMG fighting in race final! Thanks guys for the battle in whole race! You are the best!
So, finished 2nd, was happy and so tired  Smiley Matteo, please , send me a setup for this race. How do you braking so smoth here? What secret?  Softest front suspention? I have a 2.9 brake curve gamma in AC setup for brake and smooth contact free axle in moded pedal, but.. It's still impossible for full brakes control with no locks  in such cars...  Cry  
Small vid from my cockpit. ( i forget to turn off some apps needed me for practise but ok.)
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUpQw6RXRU

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:55:16 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 10:37:17 PM +0100 »

It was surely a great race.

Joined the qualif. with only 8 mins to the end of the session, so I was not warmed up at all before the race, and the best I could do was a 3rd place in my hotlap.

I tried a bit on Tuesday and I noticed that this time meds were probably the best option for the race, even if I didn't complete an entire race test. During the first laps I chased closely FMG and had the better of him for the first time after a few laps pulling the braking at corner 6.
Alexey was a couple of seconds ahead but I was struggling to find my pace, and after a couple of laps I did a mistake, so FMG had the chance to take the second position back. In the meantime Alexey was keeping a good pace and his advantage increased to 5 seconds. I decided to calm down focusing on keeping FMG's pace that was surely better than mine in the first half of the race.
With approx. 15/16 minutes to go I thought to be warmed up enough and I passed FMG again at the braking of corner 6, this time with him defending the inside and me crossing the lines with an early braking. I was quite pleased by that manouvre and pulled away instanly by FMG recovering the gap with Alexey, that now was struggling with his tyres, in 3 laps or so.
When I was on the back of Alexey he did an instant mistake at the exit of the Mobil 1 corner so I took the lead and started to think: "Now it's done!"
2 laps later at the Sudcurve I went stupidly wide and Alexey took back the lead with FMG breathing on my neck.
At the corner 6 there was the showdown  Grin  Alexey was on the inside, me in the middle and FMG on the outside. I braked earlier cause I hoped that Alexey would have pulled tha braking with me crossing the line as in advance, but he almost lost the control due to his late braking and I could no nothing to avoid the contact, luckily without any major consequence for our cars.
He decided to keep the lead eventually and I was not so happy in that moment for his decision, then a couple of laps later he went wide at the Sudkurve and I manged to take the lead again, this time until the checkered flag.

Talking about the braking it seems to me that you brake simply too late in too many occasion and that ruins your tyre in a bad way. I cheked your video on youtube and it's clear that you were with the front tyres flatspotted at least in the last 5 or 6 laps. If you 'harass' your tyres at any braking this is what happens. Probably you had a bad brake bias or a lower downforce than me (I was with splitter 3 and wing 8 ). However this is the link for my setup. I won't be surprised if it's almost undrivable. Gavino did never gave me a help with this car Smiley
https://vda.forumfree.it/?act=Attach&type=post&id=622124743
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:39:47 PM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 05:14:18 AM +0100 »

It was surely a great race.

... luckily without any major consequence for our cars.
He decided to keep the lead eventually and I was not so happy in that moment for his decision, then a couple of laps later he went wide at the Sudkurve and I manged to take the lead again, this time until the checkered flag.

Matteo, it's accident was explained  by me in my post  Smiley :
"Approaching to Mercedes area braking , being behind Matteo,  i had a kunos brake disfunction   Grin , and slightly lost my car ( and may be brain) and was contacted with Matt.  (Embarrassed)
Matteo, so sorry, It was very nervouse moments for me. After it I tryed to recognize what car now behind me- you or FMG (you are both have a red\white car colors). And continue to be save from FMG passing me when i'll return position to you. I return my pos to you in last chicane. Yes it may be was hard for you but i save my position from incoming FMG!"
See my live cockpit vid  (lap 22) from 3.25 till 4.50  Smiley  Red fire on the upper left corner of my tahometer- tyre is blocked   Embarrassed
https://youtu.be/FnUpQw6RXRU?t=207
Repeating again, I returned pos to you  at same lap (22), but it was some tricky for you  Cheesy

Thanks for the setup, Matteo! I will try it later. I see you have more downforce in both sides. I used 0\7. IMHO- my front end was too light for manage the brakes more better. I need more df in front  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:31:03 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com