The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:55:02 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Spa: July 18, 2018
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Spa - FUN/TEST race - Jul 18  (Read 1996 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2018, 07:33:57 PM +0100 »

You need to do it from in car in the game;
In the apps menu on the right you'll have a sound app.
In that click on Rift (headphones) and click set device (Or what ever).

Then quit the track you're on and reload - you should now have sound Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2018, 08:44:01 PM +0100 »

Sorry, was planning on turning up but its been a bit too warm and i've been a bit too knackered so never managed to practise on monday or tuesday so decided to miss it instead.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2018, 09:29:20 PM +0100 »

Absolutely great fun dicing with Matteo after I missed a gear heading towards Eau Rouge, sadly I hit a kurb too hard after regaining the lead and had a massive moment at the top of the hill.
After failing to fing reverse for what seemed like weeks I finally rejoined with Fabri and had a good fun race to the end - helped a great deal by my knackered rear tires after the spin Grin

Have a video that was meant to be done yesterday but I ran out of time for - I'm guessing the flying lap part is about a 2:17 but as I had the apps closed I have no idea..
I should give a good idea of my qually setup from a VR perspective as I recorded it live Smiley

https://youtu.be/vY6YcVlDeLI
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2018, 09:29:35 PM +0100 »

Well it was good to get behind the wheel again after a few weeks of none. Had a new wheel to get used too and get the Rift working as well as a new car to race. Finally got sorted in qually only to get a disco  Roll Eyes and rejoined with half a laps experience ready for the race  Shocked  Tongue
Just sat back a bit to try ease my way in and just enjoyed soaking up the view from the cockpit and the engine sounds  tt1
As I picked the pace up I got clouted and spun around  Sad and that put 16 secs behind Pete ahead. As I got quicker each lap and started to close a little on Pete, he quit !
Carried on enjoying myself until I took a bit too much kerb and had a spin which let Frex through. Improved my pb a few times but after 25 mins my usual problem with the rift re emerged in that my eye sockets started to ache then my eyes were feeling strained  Cry so with a long hot day ahead tomorrow I pulled into the pits with 10 mins left and parked up rather than get worse. I think it’s because the eyes get no air/oxygen in the airtight headset and I’d like to dull the brightness down like I do my monitors  Undecided

Lovely car and lovely track  Cool
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:35:27 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2018, 09:45:17 PM +0100 »

As I got quicker each lap and started to close a little on Pete, he quit !
Not deliberately - my Internet connection dropped Sad

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2018, 09:54:36 PM +0100 »

I noticed a new name racing tonight, Hubert van Gashoven. Welcome to our corner of the virtual racing world Smiley Would you kindly send me a Personal Message or post here so I can identify you correctly and import the results and not have you appear as a guest. Thanks Smiley

frex

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2018, 10:06:07 PM +0100 »

Sorry Mark, you braked quite a bit earlier there than I was expecting - although you did have someone just ahead of you, so were probably being (rightfully) cautious. No excuses, my fault of course, sorry again. Had some good fun early on, but not sure why I was dumped into the pit just before race start with a 15 sec penalty?? Fun car though..

Congrats podium.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2018, 11:10:04 PM +0100 »

I was quite slow tonight. I made some changes to my setup before join the server for qualifying and race. Made in the wrong way, because the car was considerably worsened, with a brutal rear.
Nevertheless the final laps of the race were fun. I fought with FMG and at the same time we did drifting; the rear tires were finished for quite a while. turned
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2018, 11:00:36 AM +0100 »

I actually found the car quite nice to drive for a brutal old f1 car. The default setup was a bit understeery for my liking but imagine it’s fairly easy to dial out. I was only 2-3 secs off the front lap pace despite zero practise and using default setup and new wheel so hope to improve on that with more seat time.  Smiley

Had the brainwave this morning to try and source some flimsy wire frame sunglasses that I can wear under the Rift headset as it’s the brightness thats giving me eye strain. I find it amazing that VR comes with no option to adjust that considering it’s like having two torches shining in your eyes  Huh Especially in these days of H&S litigation. I checked with Oculus.

My new alacantra realistic wheel and VR really ramped up the immersion though  Cool
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:02:30 AM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2018, 12:19:41 PM +0100 »

Sounds like the car is well received, good to know.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 12:39:40 AM +0100 »

My poor training on hards on Monday leaved me a bad taste about this car. When I noticed that FMG was driving on softs I just realized that it was the right choice, so they act as a 'fun multiplier'.
I couldn't match his qualif. time but I knew that my pace would have been better lap after lap, taking more confidence with my 'downshift like a dog' style. In the first 4/5 laps he was gaining a few tenths per lap, but then my pace improved sensibly and I had the chance to recover the gap and attack him on lap 7 or 8. My first attempt wasn't so good and I caused a slight contact between our cars, luckily without any serious damage for us. A couple of laps later we approached the Eau Rouge at a very close distance by each other and FMG lost the control of his car right on the top of the hill. I avoided his spinning car by an inch, but decided to wait a bit to see if he was able to recover the car to follow our duel til the checkered flag. Unfortunately he had more troubles than I expected to retake his car on track and when I noticed that he was passed by Fabri I decided to go on alone until the checkered flag.

I find the car good enoguh for a champ, but I guess I will be in trouble with my gearbox at the end of the race. If you're plannng to do a champ with it I vote yes, but I'm almost sure I will jump at least a couple of race during August. See you Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com