The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 06:40:21 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A12 Albert Park: July 29, 2018
July 29, 2018, 09:08:01 PM +0100 - Albert Park - UKAC Season 12 V8 Supercars
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Nissan Altima L33 V8SC 1 1:58.528
---
1 40:47.310
---
20 1:57.699
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Holden Commodore VF V8SC 2 +0.240
---
2 +30.069
---
20 1:59.348
---
Dunlop  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Nissan Altima L33 V8SC 3 +1.177
---
3 +1:26.281
---
20 1:59.780
---
Dunlop +40.0kg
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Holden Commodore VF V8SC 5 +5.893
---
4 +1:41.939
---
20 2:02.417
---
Dunlop  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC 4 +3.369
---
5 +1L
---
19 2:02.411
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Felix Simoes
 Black Widow Racing
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC ---
---
Dunlop +60.0kg
Alfrance

Nissan Altima L33 V8SC ---
---
Dunlop +20.0kg
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Nissan Altima L33 V8SC ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
V8SC
1:58.528
---
frex
Qualifying
Nissan Altima L33July 29, 2018, 09:08:01 PM +0100
A12
Assetto Corsa
V8SC
1:57.699
---
frex
Race
Nissan Altima L33July 29, 2018, 09:08:01 PM +0100
A12
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC V8 SUPERCARS - Albert Park - Jul 29  (Read 5023 times)
frex

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 11:40:27 AM +0100 »

Yes, shame about the low turnout, especially as these cars are so much fun.. Mark stuck close for the first few laps, then seemed to start dropping back a bit. Uneventful after that - even the pit-stop, which could be the first one I've done (in any sim) where I haven't messed it up somehow!

Thanks to all.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 12:40:56 PM +0100 »

You were in a different race Frex, doing 57's in the race! I tried supersofts in qually but just changes the balance too much and are not that much quicker. Also they seemed to be getting orange at points during the lap so stuck with softs. I thought I would have a quicker stop not changing tyres but that carrying half fuel would allow quicker times but adding fuel takes so long in the pitstop! I'll remind myself to carry full race fuel next time!

Being that all these tracks are addons, this track hasn't helped raise my expectations for the rest of them!

Driving these cars is not easy infact it makes it worse when near people so to me its a challenge just driving them to the finish so these certainly do not appeal to everyone. You've picked the hardest race series in the world to follow; the hardest cars to drive on some of the most inappropriate tracks! Its not something that can be picked up with little or no practise. I find say the GT3's to be nice and easy and I have to push myself to drive them harder to get the times; whereas these (and others historic, low grip cars) i'm having to reign myself in all the time and then it becomes just repeating everylap.

Plus we are in the hight of summer. It happens every year attendances drop during the summer months; people have other things to be doing!

Personally I think also wednsdays has put people off; they try the car out, instantly don't like it so drift away for a bit, they have been pretty difficult cars.  I know everyone hates GT3s but it has a wide appeal

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2018, 04:45:09 PM +0100 »

I tried supersofts in qually but just changes the balance too much and are not that much quicker. Also they seemed to be getting orange at points during the lap so stuck with softs.

Yes, I had dismissed the supersofts assuming that they were a one lap qually tyre, until chat before the first race a couple of weeks ago when someone (Felix and/or FMG) mentioned that they would last a race. Trying them at that race didn't show me much, as I was DQ'd after a few laps, but I tried them again here and they were fine.

Yes, they will overheat if you lock the fronts under braking, or slide the rear out of the corners, but they also recover quickly if you're careful. Mine were turning orange, red and back to green again throughout the race and didn't cause a problem. The wear rate is fine also, especially as we can change tyres half way through.

Speaking of which, I've just noticed the race post mentions a compulsory stop for fuel OR tyres, whereas I in fact did both - is this ok? Remove me from the results if not.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2018, 07:17:45 PM +0100 »

I tried supersofts in qually but just changes the balance too much and are not that much quicker. Also they seemed to be getting orange at points during the lap so stuck with softs.

Yes, I had dismissed the supersofts assuming that they were a one lap qually tyre, until chat before the first race a couple of weeks ago when someone (Felix and/or FMG) mentioned that they would last a race. Trying them at that race didn't show me much, as I was DQ'd after a few laps, but I tried them again here and they were fine.

Yes, they will overheat if you lock the fronts under braking, or slide the rear out of the corners, but they also recover quickly if you're careful. Mine were turning orange, red and back to green again throughout the race and didn't cause a problem. The wear rate is fine also, especially as we can change tyres half way through.

Speaking of which, I've just noticed the race post mentions a compulsory stop for fuel OR tyres, whereas I in fact did both - is this ok? Remove me from the results if not.

You can do tyres, fuel or both, its up to you
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com