The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 10:28:59 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKAC - Atlanta Speedway: August 01, 2018
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Atlanta Motorsport Park - FUN/TEST race - SEAT Leon TCR - Aug 1  (Read 1458 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2018, 02:54:32 PM +0100 »

Password: see above (released 24hrs before the race)

Fun race/test - Atlanta Motorsport Park

August 1st - Password entry (on day of race)

Practise: 19:30 (55 mins)
Qual: 20:25 (5 mins)
Race 1: 20:30   20 minutes
Race 2: 20:50   20 minutes

Cars allowed:
Seat Leon TCR

Track:  Atlanta Motorsport Park

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=TBD
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=TBD
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1) Please make sure you are fully aware of the UKGTR Rules
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:07:21 AM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 02:56:14 PM +0100 »

NOTE
- Qualification will only be 5 minutes
- Track is supposed to be green at the start of practice and rubber in during the event
- Top 8 will be reversed for race 2, stay on the server at the end of race 1, no need to rejoin
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 09:24:02 PM +0100 »

I will be up for this, we recently did a WTCC series using RRE, will be interesting to see how AC's version of front wheel drive compares!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 07:18:55 PM +0100 »

looking forward to some FWD action, never raced at this track before
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 09:05:35 PM +0100 »

NOTE
- Qualification will only be 5 minutes
- Track is supposed to be green at the start of practice and rubber in during the event
- Top 8 will be reversed for race 2, stay on the server at the end of race 1, no need to rejoin

Be interested to know how your planning on doing this? So the grip increase will transfer to the next session?
How many people are you assuming are turning up to work out the grip level increase?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 09:24:18 PM +0100 »

Be interested to know how your planning on doing this? So the grip increase will transfer to the next session?
How many people are you assuming are turning up to work out the grip level increase?

Track will just start with low grip and it will increase as people do laps. The more people put in laps, the grippier it will become before the race. If attendance is low, then the grip will probably also be lower than optimal.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 09:39:26 PM +0100 »

So we may not get near 100%

Just to say that the final tight left before the sweeping stretch to the line, is a blind turn in for me!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 10:31:38 PM +0100 »

Currently the server is starting at 92% with 100% transfer to the next session. The intention there is that the 2nd race will then start at 100%. There will be 1% increase for every 10 laps turned, that might be a tad generous as 8 people turning 10 laps will give 100% before qualifying. Sadly I'm not aware that you can specify different carry over values or distinct starting grip levels on a per session basis.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 03:39:15 AM +0100 »

So we may not get near 100%

Just to say that the final tight left before the sweeping stretch to the line, is a blind turn in for me!

Could be. If I'm honest, we've been spoiling ourselves with maximum grip in the past, so I think this will give some extra dimension.

Currently the server is starting at 92% with 100% transfer to the next session. The intention there is that the 2nd race will then start at 100%. There will be 1% increase for every 10 laps turned, that might be a tad generous as 8 people turning 10 laps will give 100% before qualifying. Sadly I'm not aware that you can specify different carry over values or distinct starting grip levels on a per session basis.

Thanks, sounds good. It's probably better that it's a bit generous now.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:43:29 AM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 06:18:46 AM +0100 »

I always practice with lower grip offline anyway Wink
Although I suspect there'll be a riot if you turn on the random slippy corners (forget the setting name now)  Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 10:03:47 PM +0100 »

Just had a 'quick' go with this combo - it's a riot!
I ended up staying on the server for nearly an hour just lapping and enjoying the combo.
The stock setup is very good, so far I've only tweaked tire pressures and slightly moved the brake bias to cope with T1 better.
Anyone who's about tomorrow and is sitting on the fence should jump in and have a go, a decent grid in these would be great fun!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 06:48:18 AM +0100 »

Just had a 'quick' go with this combo - it's a riot!
I ended up staying on the server for nearly an hour just lapping and enjoying the combo.
The stock setup is very good, so far I've only tweaked tire pressures and slightly moved the brake bias to cope with T1 better.
Anyone who's about tomorrow and is sitting on the fence should jump in and have a go, a decent grid in these would be great fun!

Thanks for posting this. I'm a bit worried people look at the car (FWD) and don't even give it a chance, but it's really fun to drive and feels realistic.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 09:24:15 AM +0100 »

Agreed. Far more chuckable and more fun than the RRE FWD cars imho.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 02:23:15 PM +0100 »

Not tried these yet, isn't that what practice is for Wink

Hope to see lots of you on the server tonight proving that 55 mins is not enough & I need to do more practice as I watch you all drive off in to the sunset Roll Eyes

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 06:24:13 PM +0100 »

I did some laps with this car, she is no bad.

Of course, this kind of car is the opposite of my preferences  Smiley FWD, paddles, slick tyres, turbo, ugly design, digital istruments, etc...

That said, it's fun enough to drive and I'll race tonight.

As said by Jeffrey, the FWD cars are badly seen in game, I honestly don't understand why; most players do not even slideways with RWD ...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com